1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 56 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 17 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 16 hours, 56 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Archer     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Starting to feel desperate for a new bow again. The Ash Longbow really doesn't cut it against Raptors and their evasion.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I hear you Zubis, Ash Longbow got old.

Finally got some gear update! Black Bowman's Tunic and Oak Composite Bow. I was so excited about the tunics i bought few different colors lol

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/1192/tunice.jpg

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/2131/bowq.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Elona View Post
    I hear you Zubis, Ash Longbow got old.

Finally got some gear update! Black Bowman's Tunic and Oak Composite Bow. I was so excited about the tunics i bought few different colors lol
    Any idea what level that bow takes to craft? Mid/upper-30s with bowyer training?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by qpoiuwer View Post
    Any idea what level that bow takes to craft? Mid/upper-30s with bowyer training?
    Not sure, the crafter who made it is 40.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Ah man, so jealous. I got reports of someone seeing the Elm Velocity Bow on my server last night but I had no luck tracking down the Carpenter who had possibly made it.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Zubis View Post
    Ah man, so jealous. I got reports of someone seeing the Elm Velocity Bow on my server last night but I had no luck tracking down the Carpenter who had possibly made it.
    I saw a Weevil Bow here yesterday, but waited cos my carpenter said she almost have the r42 bow recipe down. Today i log on and she had it.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I saw a Weevil Bow here yesterday, but waited cos my carpenter said she almost have the r42 bow recipe down. Today i log on and she had it.
    I need your carpenter to transfer to Rabanastre and make me a Heavy Iron Lance!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Probably rocking R40 tonight so maybe I should aim higher, haha.

Any thoughts on Foeseeker, btw? Can't figure out where the accuracy increase is.

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster View Post
    I need your carpenter to transfer to Rabanastre and make me a Heavy Iron Lance!
    Contact my friend Jago Slayer, he can prolly hook you up if you find the hard mats.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Zubis View Post
    Any thoughts on Foeseeker, btw? Can't figure out where the accuracy increase is.
    Yeah its odd, not really sure if there is any accuracy increase. Also there aint no buff icon after using it. Its still a decent ws tho.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Yeah its odd, not really sure if there is any accuracy increase. Also there aint no buff icon after using it. Its still a decent ws tho.
    Yeah can't complain about the damage but I'd like to know what the accuracy stuff is about.

Are you still using Heavy Shot btw like you mentioned earlier? Perhaps now with your new bow and upped Accuracy. >;

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Yeah I use Heavy Shot. On to bow news, one carpenter said he has the r47 bow recipe and said he will make it soon. Dont know this player well, so dont know if it was bullcrap. He said price is high, 2M.

Next stop, Bloodletter.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Can't decide if I want to use Heavy Shot or not, I tried it before but that was around Efts and I had better accuracy back then (since I still use the Ash Longbow) and it feels like a loss rather than a gain using it right now.

Still no sign of any bows on my server and the high level CRPs here is seem to focus on other things. The recipe for Weevil Bow is out but that seem like a huge pain to make so still hoping for that Oak Composite.

edit: As I feel right now I'd definitely pay 2mil for R47 bow, haha.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I spam Flint Arrows because really, WTF else am I going to use gil on with no (serious) economy in place?

Also, I played RNG so I'm totally cool with wasting all my money on ammo.

KnightAngel

Can't wait till i get some more gil to keep this class going ^^;.

User was infracted for this post.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Crab Bow got. Just missing few pieces and arc gear is done.

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/1...2891825371.jpg

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Was the Oak Composite a part of it as I'm assuming? Finally popped up on my server yesterday so I don't feel as gimped anymore and it sure made leveling easier.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Nice Zubis, yeah it really made difference. Dunno about the Crab Bow recipe at all.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

See if you can synth that bow with some canvas and make a hang-glider!

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Do any other archers feel like they are getting less SP than others in a party setting? Whenever I'm grinding on efts/something similar in a party in the 25-30 or 27-32 range and people start listing their skill gains, Mine is always among the lowest, especially compared to tanks. But even other DDs seem be be getting more SP. Is there something I'm not doing right?

My gear is about the best that it can be, with accuracy rings and Ash Longbow at Rank 27. Every once in awhile I'll have a missfest but for the most part my accuracy is decent, so it's not like missing every shot. I've tried spamming light shot, I've tried stacking Raging/Hawk's/Ferocity with Multishot, I've tried using and not using WS's, doesn't seem to change anything.

EDIT: I also eat Salt Cods for +Accuracy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast