1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 45 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 14 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 17 hours, 45 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 16 hours, 14 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Lancer     submit to reddit submit to twitter

The Bloody Habanero
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    I don't want to be doing: rolling around in the mud at level 15-20 with a level 1 weapon, little armor, and no clue where to go.

lmao.. ain't that the truth man. I'm basically doing the same thing as Lucavi. I see no need to get what little gil I have right now to buy some shit new weapon that in the end won't help me very much anyway. Crafting is so freakin important in this game that if you have any common sense at all you'll make the road ahead much easier and get after it now. Once the rest of the world gets online the prices will drop even more. I need a gddamn AH please... Spent so much time looking through bazaars last night in the MWard for items.

Dammit Steve of the House of Weave
    BG Level

sad thing is, you people to farm mats for gear too. Like right now I have a 20 GS in my ls, however we need hyena fangs and whatever else to make a feather harpoon head. Really SE?

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Thankfully Kuro built up this huge-ass LS, so we're able to constantly stream goods and services to one another. It's made crafting much easier.

BG Level

Did the big ass ls thing for a few days, then it just got annoying with literally 20 people asking me for a 'deal' each day. My in game time because making stuff for people to help them out and I didn't get to do anything I wanted to do. So, a few of the crafters in there banded together, we made a shell and now the 6-8 of us just help each other out. Much much easier, especially with two people with 20+ gathering jobs.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

We have crafting "orgies" where we all gather up in one town and just have each other craft the various mats we need. Its kinda fun and draws away from the tedium of pounding the same anvil for an hour. Its working well as I've sold a truckload of goodies today, and am starting to stockpile for the vanilla launch. I hope to be well over the 5 mil mark by the end of October - then we'll see about leveling lancer.

BG Level

My GS last in my shell hit 21, so she'll be trying my brass spear today. Hopefully it works, although I'm hoping it doesn't degrade as fast as harpoon does. 50% or less and you start to see a dmg penalty is just wack when the npc only repairs to 75%. They need to lower it to 25-30% before you start seeing any type of penalty. My GS is 10, but I doubt I can repair the spear, not to mention I shouldn't have to repair ANYTHING after xping for only an hour. Last night I hit 18 leather, and another guy in my shell hit 18 armor so we just hit another threshold. He's doing haubys now(need to rank lancer up to optimal level for that!) and I'm able to make the material for those rank 9 pug weapons, however I still need canvas cloth to make them x.x. FU SE for x2 lv 20+ items. I can also make sheepskin skirts (which don't look like a skirt on my lala), but they're a nice leg piece for lancer pre 20.

Also did this in beta but trammel only costs 500 tp and seems to do the same-ish dmg as skewer(if you're hitting only one mob)? I don't have full thrust yet(9 leves last night, no marks), but I get enough tp to just spam trammel and skewer all day, throwing in leg sweep once in a while for stun. Hoping I can grind to 20 soon and get feint again. I love that skill.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Honestly after partying with another LNC who had a Harpoon and was the same rank as me, with considerably more STR, the damage difference was pretty unimpressive. Maybe vital from a metagame standpoint but negligible in casual grinding.

I need flax to make linseed oil for my harpoon, anyone know where the best place to get it is? im a botanist but dont seem to be turning up any, and its annoying that I don thave a search for the secondary fields like I do trees (im guessing it comes from secondary fields o_O?)

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Go to grid. Kill bees, mushrooms, marmots, basically everything at low levels outside of moles.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Specifically, fireflies and roselings drop flax.

Ridill
    BG Level

I got 4x flax from a single local leve in Uldah. don't remember which one though. weaver maybe.

BG Level

Got my brass spear tonight :D. Time to try her out.

BG Level

Got an hour in with the new spear. It's a nice upgrade, killing much faster than harpoon. Probably a 20-30 dmg per hit increase easily. However durability is still shit. I xp'd an hour on dodos and I was at 50% on my spear. I have GS 10 and repaired it no problem but it's still wayyyy too fast for people. If you don't have your craft leveled to fix stuff, you'll be making a trip back to town once an hour to fix it.

Edit: Crap example but here's one anyway. Two blue star marmots.

Harpoon: 287 dmg, crit for 320 dmg
    Brass spear: 371 dmg, 403 dmg.

Also note that Harpoon has a 10% water dmg mod as well.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Failed my harpoon at 98% :D

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Uldaman

Since I'm at the point now where guild marks are gonna start coming in slowly, I was curious to what you guys think is the best abilities to go for first with them.

BG Level

I think phase 3 I got a bunch of marks. Tried out a few abilities but the only one that stands out right now is full thrust. It just boosted your tp a ton so you could spam ws's. THat's what I'm aiming for right now, if marks would ever pop for me again(last two resets I've seen 0).

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Full Thrust and Fleet of Foot are the only abilities that really stand out to me.

Unique and/or Creative Phrase
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

How is Pierce different from Skewer and Doomspike?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Pierce doesn't cost TP, it's a "basic" attack that you use to get TP.

I took Lancer to 10, but putting "Speed Surge" on my 15 Archer resulted in it being constantly greyed out. Is this a bug? Common? Level Archer moar?