1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 7 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 52 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 10 hours, 7 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 23 hours, 52 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Lancer     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level

Isn't that a "lance only" type ability? Check the description.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Uldaman

Yeah, Speed Surge is lance only.

Unique and/or Creative Phrase
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Is Pierce worth buying? Or should I save up for Full Thrust or the 20%+ movmenent speed move despite only being level 15?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Chaossamurai View Post
    Is Pierce worth buying? Or should I save up for Full Thrust or the 20%+ movmenent speed move despite only being level 15?
    Quote Originally Posted by CrstyCptSteveWitherspoon View Post
    I think phase 3 I got a bunch of marks. Tried out a few abilities but the only one that stands out right now is full thrust. It just boosted your tp a ton so you could spam ws's. THat's what I'm aiming for right now, if marks would ever pop for me again(last two resets I've seen 0).
    Quote Originally Posted by lancaster View Post
    Full Thrust and Fleet of Foot are the only abilities that really stand out to me.
    ^

Unique and/or Creative Phrase
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Yes, I saw what they said. But is it still better if I'm no where near the Optimal Level?

Dammit Steve of the House of Weave
    BG Level

Was no where near the optimal level in beta, and full thrust owned. I mean like, full thrust, trammel, full thrust, skewer, full thrust, moonrise; insert feint anywhere I missed.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Windred Sayna
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Turalyon

Many leves have groups of mobs that you have to fight at once. What are people using for aoe damage? Brandish (from Marauder) has been easier to use than trying to line up skewer or deathspike. Or is everyone just waiting until leg sweep for this?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Haven't had a problem lining up Doomspike.

BG Level

What REALLY BLOWS, was the leathercraft quest. I had to make a wood wailers jacket, and even had to wear it around for a while making sure the quality was good. Looking freakin awesome, and had some decent stats too, much better than my dodoskin jacket. But of course, completing the quest meant turning it in. I would have gave 20k gil and my 2k guild marks to keep that jacket.

The lv 20 quest for lancer is a joke too. Takes like 5 minutes and is pretty lame. Please tell me they're adding more than 3 quests, because the first one was more than a disappointment.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Joyo Mojo
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Kul Tiras

Anyone know at what rank i can buy Full Thrust at?
    I am rank 20 and cant get it yet so i bought the +20% movement speed one for now.

BG Level

If it's like pug, another post here showed that completing the rank 30 quest will unlock your next set of abilities, which included flurry. Flurry and Full thrust are basically the same, so going by that trend hit 30, do the quest, and you can get full thrust.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Is anyone having huge problems gearing lancer? Not only can I not find a single spear upgrade but I don't think I've seen a single piece of armor with Lancer in the preferred classes section yet.

BG Level

dodoskin jacket, dented celata, sheepskin armguards, hempen breeches, leather shoes, brass spear

That's what I'm wearing. Made most of it myself, aside from the helm/shoes. Could use sheepskin leggins(what I used previous to leather), and a bronze sallet? I think those two work. You just need to find a crafter and ask them to make, easiest way to do it.

I need to put together a brass spear at some point. Im wearing a bronze hauby, bronze mail coif, sheepskin skirt. Basically anything that shows LNC or all classes for it. Check out any database and search by gear that includes lancer as listed.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Thanks to both of you for the info, now I just need the luck of actually finding a bazaar selling some of these things lol

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I've found that optimal rank affects an item's stats far more than favored class. So if you see something with really attractive stats for your rank, but it doesn't say LNC on it, I wouldn't really stress out about it.

I've found that optimal rank affects an item's stats far more than favored class. So if you see something with really attractive stats for your rank, but it doesn't say LNC on it, I wouldn't really stress out about it.
    So with that in mind, wearing a haubergon at 16 is a bad idea or no? Seems a step up from my sheepskin harness, not sure what being below optimal rank does really.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I don't know exactly how armor scales, but it's pretty simple to test -- put on your harness, wait, look at your stats, put on your haubergeon, wait until your stats change, and see if it's an improvement. I used a Tracker's Tunic until 20 then switched to the haubergeon -- by then it was a fairly substantial upgrade. And as an individual item, it is a disproportionate upgrade over most options available in the teens, so it might be worth using already.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I don't know exactly how armor scales, but it's pretty simple to test -- put on your harness, wait, look at your stats, put on your haubergeon, wait until your stats change, and see if it's an improvement. I used a Tracker's Tunic until 20 then switched to the haubergeon -- by then it was a fairly substantial upgrade. And as an individual item, it is a disproportionate upgrade over most options available in the teens, so it might be worth using already.
    That's pretty much how I've been going with gear upgrades at the moment. Pushing 23 as it stands, and using a Brass Spear, Bronze Hauby, Skull Eyepatch +1, Dodoskin Skirt, Leather Shoes and Armguards, and a plethora of brass accessories. Gear actually scales down pretty well, I was honestly surprised when the Skull Eyepatch was a gain over the Leather Eyepatch, despite being so far below the optimal rank.

green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I currently am 14 and wear hempen tabard, hempen kecks, sheepskin leggings, dodo wristguards and harpoon +1 (i made it!) I have a dodoleather jacket and skirt for when i rank up. My main issue is getting an upgraded spear. I could soon make brass spear if I had a bronze spear, or feathered harpoon if i could find hyena fangs but I cannot find either item. I hear that hyenas are in LL but I have not seen any yet, and they do not show up on the databased. Feathered harpoon sounds pretty awesome though ; ;

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast