1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 54 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 5 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 16 hours, 54 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 17 hours, 5 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Lancer     submit to reddit submit to twitter

So about the gear optimal level. What is stopping people later in the game from picking up a piece of gear for a lvl 50 and wearing it from 20 to 50? I mean the stats will slowly increase as they level correct? Is there any negative consequence from wearing gear 10+ lvls over your own rank that anyone has found?

Old Merits
    BG Level

It costs more to repair and may not have as good stats as optimal level gear I guess.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    So about the gear optimal level. What is stopping people later in the game from picking up a piece of gear for a lvl 50 and wearing it from 20 to 50? I mean the stats will slowly increase as they level correct? Is there any negative consequence from wearing gear 10+ lvls over your own rank that anyone has found?
    I suppose you could do that, but you'd be paying out the teeth for repairs on gear that really wasn't any better, and in a lot of cases worse, than just wearing gear within 10-15 ranks of optimal.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

With the way inventory management is, I think I'll probably end up just wearing all of my LNC gear when I eventually level other classes past 10.

Dammit Steve of the House of Weave
    BG Level

Anyone use life surge? Trying to find a use for it. Bascially gives you hp absorb like speed surge, but does a evasion down debuff instead of stamina regen? Not really finding much of a use for it, since if you're hitting at least 60% of the time you're spamming feint, which is a good thing.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I was contemplating the same thing earlier today, actually. Life Surge seems kind of useless unless you're in a party with a Conjurer spamming cures and the other melee can actually take advantage of the accuracy. But six months from now, when every melee DD has Lancer to 20 for Feint, Life Surge will be completely obsolete.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

It's definitely better for party play, solo is Speed Surge all the way.

Unique and/or Creative Phrase
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

The lancer quest was a little too easy...

And I just realized I screwed up the quality of the middle of the video. W/e, I don't feel like re-encoding it.

BG Level

PIcked up pierce with lancer marks. It's actually pretty cool. Basically a cross between light thrust and skewer. Nice for soloing leves or such where you can just spam pierce. Haven't noticed yet if it drains from both mobs or just one using speed surge. Also seems a bit laggy when you spam it. Didn't get to test it out all that much due to the norm dodos and nannys walking up in my face.

Has anyone tried the Quick step move yet? Can it be equipped on other jobs?

BG Level

Fleet of foot? Picked that up too, pretty much worthless.

BG Level

So a few adjustments that need to be made;

Pierce/Skewer(any "mobs in a line" ability): This is just annoying to set up. For these reasons;

1) Mobs don't like to stand in a line and are constantly moving, especially to get closer to you.
    2) Jumping to a mob to attack. Not only is it slow, but you also move closer to the mob after ever jump. This makes spamming pierce pretty hard since you need to constantly back up which is further made difficult by...
    3) Movement speed in combat. I picked up fleet of foot and it still sucks. It seems to be even slower moving to the side. Hell I feel like I'm running under water or something.

I'm going to try heavy thrust to bind a mob and then try using pierce, but I doubt bind will last long enough to really be that useful. Anyone else having these problems?

E. Body
    BG Level

Isn't Fleet of Foot optimal rank 30? Might get better or something

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I don't really bother with linear AoEs, personally. I'd rather just slot Brandish and use that in conjunction with Leg Sweep to take care of anything that requires AoE.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I use Skewer II for linear AoEs when the opportunity presents itself to line things up properly, but yeah, the vast majority of the time I stick to Leg Sweep.

BG Level

I always use trammel since it's 500 tp. I usually just get to 3000 tp and feint on my way there, then wild with trammel and moonrise using feint when needed. I give everyone seizures with the lights flashing until the mob is deal. I'd stick with skewer 2 since it's the first ws that actually can break parts of mobs. Sadly the combat SP gain is so bad I'm pretty much pulling my hair out atm.

So how do I get my rank 20 quest for lancer? No NPC in the guild will talk to me.

BG Level

pretty sure you need to be done at least r15 main story quest line

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Anyone have more insight on fleet of foot? It sounds like it would be pretty useful but haven't seen much about it other than 1 comment

Unique and/or Creative Phrase
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I got it and don't notice a difference. I'll try and record a video or something.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast