1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 44 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 15 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 8 hours, 44 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 1 hours, 15 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Lancer     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Unique and/or Creative Phrase
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Alright, so I ran some tests. I picked two points and ran between them while in passive mode, active mode without fleet of foot equipped, and active mode with fleet of foot equipped

Passive Mode: 47 seconds

Active Mode w/o FoF: 59 seconds

Active Mode with FoF: 58 seconds

I'm going to call that 1 second difference human error, since I was using the /clock command in game, and I may have hit it at the end or the beginning of a second.

So it appears that at level 1, fleet of foot has no effect on your speed what so ever. Unless traits only take effect while you're engaged with a mob.

Also, you seem to run 20% slower while in active compared to passive, so when the FoF trait takes effect you will be running as if you were in passive mode.

Looks like im saving up for either full thrust or pierce then instead of FoF until I get around rank 30

Dammit Steve of the House of Weave
    BG Level

Pierce is good sorta. Kinda a high stamina cost, and lining mobs up is kinda tough but I think it would have decent application in parties where you're not tanking. Fleet of foot however is a waste, especially for 8k marks. Full thrust is where it's at, but has the damn requirement of completing the rank 30 quest.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I have both Pierce and Fleet of Foot at level 21... I wouldn't really worry too much about hitting level 30 and not having enough Marks to get all three unless you grind all the way there without doing any leves.

And here's the Fleet of Foot test video:
    You need to go to youtube and full screen it/enlarge it if you want to be able to see the chat.

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Chaossamurai View Post
    Alright, so I ran some tests. I picked two points and ran between them while in passive mode, active mode without fleet of foot equipped, and active mode with fleet of foot equipped

Passive Mode: 47 seconds

Active Mode w/o FoF: 59 seconds

Active Mode with FoF: 58 seconds

I'm going to call that 1 second difference human error, since I was using the /clock command in game, and I may have hit it at the end or the beginning of a second.

So it appears that at level 1, fleet of foot has no effect on your speed what so ever. Unless traits only take effect while you're engaged with a mob.

Also, you seem to run 20% slower while in active compared to passive, so when the FoF trait takes effect you will be running as if you were in passive mode.
    So you tested this on a rank 1 job? I'm trying to see if this is worth lvling to 20 for conj. If it really does let you run at passive speed I think its worthwhile.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

This was on my rank 21 Lancer... and it still didn't work. I tried it later while engaged to a mob and I was definitely still running at a slower pace. It seems to not work at all unless you're rank 30. Whether it will work just as well on another job at rank 30, I do not know.

It will definitely not work on a different job at a level lower than 30.

Edit: watch the video if you want to try and judge for your self. I showed my /clocks.

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Chaossamurai View Post
    This was on my rank 21 Lancer... and it still didn't work. I tried it later while engaged to a mob and I was definitely still running at a slower pace. It seems to not work at all unless you're rank 30. Whether it will work just as well on another job at rank 30, I do not know.

It will definitely not work on a different job at a level lower than 30.

Edit: watch the video if you want to try and judge for your self. I showed my /clocks.
    ok thanks. Maybe I'll wait for someone to hit lvl30 before going further. It would be interesting to see if you need specifically lvl30 lancer or just any lvl30. There's a huge difference between just lvling to 20 and grinding to 30.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I'm R25 now and I have Fleet of Foot but it currently does nothing as noted above. I'll test it thoroughly when I hit R30.

Anyone got an Iron Lance or Tortoiseshell Harpoon yet? Not able to find the materials really for either listed fully, Iron Lance needs something called Wing Glue o_O;. Wondering which will be easier to find. Tortoiseshells need a goldsmith at rank 26 to make apparently.

BG Level

Nothing past brass yet for me. Finally got a good BS in my linkshell though so we should see one soon. Our GS is almost 30 as well, just need to farm some mats up.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I know a 28(ish) smither that isn't able to make the Iron Spear Head. He thinks he will be able to attempt it at around 30.

I found where to get the tortoise shell, but I haven't heard anything about the Wing Glue. I know someone who is 28ish alchemy, so I'll have to keep an eye out for any wing type materials.... we probably won't see any until people do more lvl 30 leves.

green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I was hoping to make a feathered harpoon, but now its starting to look like I'll be better off with brass at this rate. I have yet to see hyena fangs and I would still need an iron spear clasp. wing glue must be the next glue level after horn glue, so about rank 30 alchemy those can be made.

BG Level

Nice thing with the brass spear is you can repair it with 11gs with like 90% acc. I'm 24 now so I'm looking to upgrade but I"ll miss the nice on the fly repairs I've gotten used to. They really need to tone down the weapon wear.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ryunokage Argantes
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Khadgar

Has anyone tried Stygian spikes with cure/sacrifice on top of Speed Surge?

Was gonna lvl THM to 16 for it since it's 12 anyways, but if anyone has negative experiences with this, I won't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by CrstyCptSteveWitherspoon View Post
    Nice thing with the brass spear is you can repair it with 11gs with like 90% acc. I'm 24 now so I'm looking to upgrade but I"ll miss the nice on the fly repairs I've gotten used to. They really need to tone down the weapon wear.
    Luckily for me I have carpentry ranked up to 16 and GS to 10, so I can repair my brass spear, and then repair w/e my next weapon is as well. The wear does need to be toned down though, was trioing crabs yesterday morning for about 2hrs, after 1 hr my spear was at 1 durability. Luckily I was able to repair on my 1st try.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Argantes View Post
    Has anyone tried Stygian spikes with cure/sacrifice on top of Speed Surge?

Was gonna lvl THM to 16 for it since it's 12 anyways, but if anyone has negative experiences with this, I won't bother.
    I did spikes+cure on leveling MRD10/GLA14 and LNC at some points. If you are fighting blue mobs then there is little need for it, and if the fights arn't at a constant rate then you won't get much MP back (more so when fighting blue than yellow). But I do find it useful on DoW classes, although I have preference to cure over bloodbath/second wind due to it's lower recast and stamina cost.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ryunokage Argantes
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Khadgar

Alright, sounds good enough for me. I'll give it a go then.

I was just wondering if the return and duration on a non THM job were still worth it.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Duration is cut, by about half I guess, and recast in 1min20 or so. It starts wearing when recast is up so you can keep it up all the time still.

The return is still the same, you absorb 20% (with some variation) of damage taken. I just tried it again while fighting dodos, was getting 15~20 mp/hit back (getting hit for 80~100)

So lancers have no incapacitation effects for head...damnit. I want a skull eyepatch lol. Anyone done tests with skewer II to see what mobs it incapacitates?

green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I gave in and bought a brass spear from someone's retainer, so far so good! The only regrettable thing is that with my goldsmithing I could have made it if I had only found the materials.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast