1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 54 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 5 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 18 hours, 54 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 15 hours, 5 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Lancer     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Chaossamurai View Post
    All of the recipes for Iron Spear are on ffxiv.yg.com. I got mine synthed and a lvl 26 carpenter barely completed it all three times with the highest support.

You need

Iron Spearhead (requires pretty high Smithing, 28+)
    It requires beyond that. At rank 29, Blacksmiths can't even attempt to craft it

Unique and/or Creative Phrase
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    It requires beyond that. At rank 29, Blacksmiths can't even attempt to craft it
    I said a level 26 carpenter, so I was talking about the actual spear synth, not the Spearhead.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaossamurai View Post
    I said a level 26 carpenter, so I was talking about the actual spear synth, not the Spearhead.
    Ahh my bad. Also a rank 31 Blacksmith can make the Spearhead. Had mine made. Now begins the task of finding Wing Glue that isnt priced at fucking half a million gil by jackass alchemists.

Kristenn's Kat
    BG Level

More Basic Questions:
    Any recommended weapon skills for lancer from other classes? I tried using circle blade from gladiator today, since our own AOE type skills require lining up (which I often have trouble with). I was pretty pleased with circle blade. For the purposes of clearing weak one-star leve mobs, at least, it did well. I haven't been particularly impressed with either damnation or radiance to recover mp though. They typically aren't netting me any more than 5, they don't do much damage, and they take awhile to go off. I also feel like those two miss a bit more than they should, but it could be a perception thing.

Also, any thoughts on how to split stats? I have vit over capped (since I was doing gladiator before switching over). For lack of a better idea I planned on catching str and dex up to vit, and then just sort of upping those three equally and ignoring the rest. Any better plans? If I had xp parties I could get by with less vitality but I have no luck getting parties. At all. Very frustrating, but that's for the random complaints thread.

How do you guys divide your 12 accessory slots? I'm using a silver necklace for the +3 atk, and 4 brass rings for the accuracy. Any notably better ideas? Are those str rings a better idea than acc? I'm just kind of working on the operational assumption that +acc is better than +str unless I'm at some accuracy cap I'm unaware of (and if that cap exists, I'm sure I'm not there yet), but maybe that assumption is bad in this game?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Silver Choker + Ring and 3 Brass Rings for Atk+3 Acc+13 is best for LNC until we can get STR rings (Feint and all). Theres also 4SR for Acc+16 or BC 2SR 2BR for Atk+2 Acc+14.

For stats, I'm currently at 70/70/70/40/34/40 (I'm kinda leveling THM as well, and LNC has been capped so far anyway). With STR+6 DEX+2 from gear and VIT/DEX+5 from traits (getting STR+5 when THM hits r20)

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

For accessories right now, I'm using 1x Brass Choker, 2x Sunstone Ring, 2x Brass Ring. Been working pretty well so far. As for stealing AoE weaponskills, Brandish and Circle Blade are good choices, though once you get higher you can pretty much rely on some combo of Heavy Trammel/Skewer II/Leg Sweep. I've been having very little issues with effective AoE damage with those three.

Stat wise I'm sitting at 75(95)/70/56(61)/13/20/15. Could use some more points in DEX, but ever since I stopped doing crafting leves regularly my physical level has been lagging behind a bit.

E. Body
    BG Level

How well does Fleet of Foot work now?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Kais View Post
    How well does Fleet of Foot work now?
    As intended, you move full speed with your weapon out as far as I can tell, no issues keeping up with people that put their weapons away. Probably one of those traits that everyone should pick up now, like PUG's Prime Conditioning.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Full Thrust is balls at 30. Half the damage of a Light Thrust for increased TP gain isn't necessarily a great tradeoff in my opinion, especially in a party situation where you tend to have as much TP as you need, and you can live or die (figuratively speaking) by the skill gains from your normal attacks in-between WSs. I don't think it will replace Light Thrust until closer to or at its optimal rank of 40.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Windred Sayna
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Turalyon

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster View Post
    Full Thrust is balls at 30. Half the damage of a Light Thrust for increased TP gain isn't necessarily a great tradeoff in my opinion, especially in a party situation where you tend to have as much TP as you need, and you can live or die (figuratively speaking) by the skill gains from your normal attacks in-between WSs. I don't think it will replace Light Thrust until closer to or at its optimal rank of 40.
    How much extra TP does it give?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by GSDragoon View Post
    How much extra TP does it give?
    R33

Light Thrust on Star Marmot for 1179 damage: 471 TP
    Full Thrust on Star Marmot for 888 damage: 943 TP

Light Thrust on Black Eft for ~70 damage: ~250 TP
    Full Thrust on Black Eft for ~40 damage: ~350 TP

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster View Post
    R33

Light Thrust on Star Marmot for 1179 damage: 471 TP
    Full Thrust on Star Marmot for 888 damage: 943 TP

Light Thrust on Black Eft for ~70 damage: ~250 TP
    Full Thrust on Black Eft for ~40 damage: ~350 TP
    At least in beta Full Thrust TP returns varied greatly. IIRC I could get anything between 500 and 1.5k or so from the same mob and the damage was always ~50% of Light Thrust. I never got close to R30, so perhaps the damage scales up as you get closer to the optimal rank, however.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I didn't really test it enough to be completely certain, but I killed about 20 marmots, alternating between Light and Full Thrust, and got roughly the same results each time, with Full Thrust doing ~800-1000 damage from the rear and Light Thrust doing ~1100-1300. TP return was the exact same each time, even with varying damage.

My eft results are just from eyeballing over the course of a skill-grind party, but the range was pretty consistent.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Fleet of Foot is semi-broken still, it stopped working while I was grinding today (had to re-equip it). And when I was doing THM class quest it stayed active after I left the instance and was in passive mode, so I was running at 120% speed.

Materials for Iron Lance are known now according to YG and ZAM. Still needs wing glue like the spear which is still a bitch to find due to alchemists price gouging. Anyone on Besaid have a source for wing glue? o_O

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

According to comments on YG, a few Banneret Lances are entering circulation on some servers. Can anyone confirm the recipe?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I have some Lancer questions.

I was planning to level Lancer because it's the only class I like in the game currently (Dragoons are cool) and finally got around to levelling a few other classes to get skills:

I've unlocked Second Wind from Pugilist, Bloodbath from Marauder, Still Precision from Gladiator, and Cure/Stoneskin/Shock Spikes from Conjurer (among other stuff which I don't think would be useful for LNC).

Are there any other classes I should level up in order to be a more effective LNC before I start focusing on it exclusively?

Can you guys explain to me what will be my main weapon skills as a LNC? Like which ones should I use my TP on usually, and which ones are not so good? Does Doomspike basically replace Skewer?

When do I use Heavy Thrust?

Thanks

Also I'm hoping to find a good group of more "hardcore" players soon... I'm going for a heavy damage dealing stat build with a lot of STR, and only about 20~30 VIT & DEX. Tell me if this is very stupid... I think with this build I can do tons of damage and still not get owned easily if all my gear is good, but I might need a little more VIT than I have in mind.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Looks like you have all the abilities you will need, only others are stygian spikes/siphon mp if you solo a lot but those arn't *really* needed.

For WSs I used Feint/Moonrise/Trammel/Leg Sweep, I don't like the TP/dmg cost of doomspike and I prefer added affect on moon (skewer is similar dmg on neutral targets).

Heavy Thrust I use to pin/kill fleeing mobs (spamming it will reapply the bind), don't use it otherwise as it does less dmg/more stam than light thrust.

I leveled str/vit/dex evenly, partially because my phys level was way higher due to crafting (currently at 80/80/80), should be careful that you don't go way over cap (assuming cap is same as vit). You should do str/dex evenly until 20 at least with vit somewhat behind, the extra HP helps quite a lot. And hitting harder isn't always better, especially on high eva/low hp leve mobs and this skillup system.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

so if I have a level 17 physical level and start levelling a new class a lot of the stats I added won't take effect? because right now I have like 20 dex 30 vit and 70 str. lol

I seem to be doing a lot of dmg though...

Old Merits
    BG Level

Caps are 30 at r1 and 86ish at r20~25 if they are similar to vit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast