1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 57 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 1 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 8 hours, 57 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Lancer     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Lancer

Mod Edit: Updated 8/30/10, credit for the 30+ abilities goes to Gulkeeva.

So Close, Yet So Far

The strategy of the lancers is to outrange and fluster opponents with their long, two–handed polearms, peppering them with a barrage of thrusting attacks. They are trained with a number of weapons, giving a diversity to their attacks that makes them extremely versatile combatants.
    In former times, the longspear saw the most widespread use, due in great part to the influence of the proud lancer legions of Ala Mhigo. Since then, the guild has greatly expanded its armories to include a variety of weaponry, such as the throwing javelin.

Abilities
    ● Light Thrust (Rank 1 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 0 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: Instant )
    Attack with your polearm, dealing piercing damage.

● Heavy Thrust (Rank 1 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 0 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: Instant )
    Attack with your polearm, binding the target.

● Ferocity (Rank 4 - HP Cost: ?? - TP Cost: 0 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 60s )
    Trigger an adrenaline rush, increasing the power of your next attack.
    Note: Using consumes a certain amount of HP.

● Speed Surge (Rank 10 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 0 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 30s )
    Wield your weapon deftly, increasing stamina regeneration. Hitting the target inflicts an enfeebling status which grants attacking party members the ability to absorb HP.

● Invigorate (Rank 14 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 0 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 60s )
    Channel your physical energies, increasing TP generation.

● Comrade In Arms (Rank 18 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 500 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 30s )
    Bolster morale, inflicting the target with an enfeebling effect which grants party members enhanced TP generation.

● Life Surge (Rank 22 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 0 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 30s )
    Make sport of an enemy, granting yourself an enhancing status which grants the ability to absorb HP. While active, successful attacks reduce the target's evasion.

● Keen Flurry (Rank 26 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 0 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 60s )
    ◦ Use the power of positive thinking, increasing accuracy while in battle regimen mode.

● Collusion (Rank 30 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 0 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 90s )
    Employ deception, transferring the enmity generated by your next successful attack to an ally positioned between you and the target.

● Ferocity II (Rank 34 - HP Cost: ?? - TP Cost: 0 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 60s )
    Trigger an adrenaline rush, increasing the power of your next attack.
    Note: Using consumes a certain amount of HP.

● Diversion (Rank 36 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 250 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 90s )
    Create a diversion capable of absorbing close-range attacks.

● Speed Surge II (Rank 40 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 0 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 30s )
    Wield your weapon deftly, increasing stamina regeneration. Hitting the target inflicts an enfeebling status which grants attacking party members the ability to absorb HP.

● Invigorate II (Rank 44 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 0 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 60s )
    Channel your physical energies, increasing TP generation.

● Line of Fire (Rank 46 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 0 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 60s )
    Maneuver strategically, redirecting a portion of damage dealt to you to an enemy positioned between you and the source of damage.

● Comrade In Arms II (Rank 48 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 500 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 30s )
    Bolster morale, inflicting the target with an enfeebling effect which grants party members enhanced TP generation.

Weapon Skills
    ● Skewer (Rank 2 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 1000 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 10s )
    Run your enemies through, dealing piercing damage to he target and all enemies between. Increases attack power in proportion to the number of enemies affected.

● Trammel (Rank 6 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 500 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 10s )
    Deliver a crippling attack, reducing the target's movement speed.

● Moonrise (Rank 8 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 1000 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 10s )
    Frustrate an enemy's tactics, dealing slashing damage and reducing the target's TP generation.

● Doomspike (Rank 12 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 2000 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 10s )
    Stab with great force, dealing piercing damage to the target and all enemies between.

● Leg Sweep (Rank 16 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 1000 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 40s )
    Strike low, dealing blunt damage and stunning enemies in a cone before you. Does not affect flying targets.

● Feint (Rank 20 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 250 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 5s )
    Stab with precision and timing, ensuring a successful attack dealing piercing damage. Can only be executed after the target evades an attack.

● Skewer II (Rank 24 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 1000 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 10s )
    Run your enemies through, dealing piercing damage to he target and all enemies between. Increases attack power in proportion to the number of enemies affected.

● Heavy Trammel (Rank 28 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 500 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 10s )
    Deliver a severely crippling attack, reducing the movement speed of all targets within the area of effect.

● Doomspike II (Rank 32 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 2000 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 10s )
    Stab with great force, dealing piercing damage to the target and all enemies between.

● Moonrise II (Rank 38 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 1000 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 10s )
    Frustrate an enemy's tactics, dealing slashing damage and reducing the target's TP generation.

● Twisting Vice (Rank 42 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 1000 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 10s )
    Stab and twist, dealing piercing damage and wiping out the target's TP.

● Chaos Thrust (Rank 50 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 2000 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 30s )
    Stab an enemy wildly, dealing sixfold piercing damage. Damage is increased additionally in proportion to your TP when the target is below 20% life.

Unique and/or Creative Phrase
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Deleted this since I don't want to get banned.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Hellscream

I loved Lancer^^ SOO soo much fun...

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

so how's lancer function in a group setting? from everything i'm read it appears to be either just another DPS class or does it fit something more of a bard~esque (party buffs/debuffs) type role that also happens to be a DD?

either way lancer looks like a lot of fun

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Lancer gets Speed Surge at level 10, which gives the effect of Drain samba, pretty much

Yeah, feels support DD at this early stage. Debuff WSs and Drain Samba

I like to eat food
    BG Level

With Speed Sruge, Second Wind, and Bloodbath I've found it extremely easy to continuously grind away. Its especially nice because you can keep it up constantly.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Throw feint in there at 20 and things really take off.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

This is the most complete skill listing I have from phases 2 + 3.

They are all incomplete in some way, so if you see anything wrong or have info I don't, let me know and I'll correct them.

Skills & Traits you buy with Marks:

Spoiler: show

A note on the skills/traits:
    The skills that increase an Attribute temporarily on the gathering classes cannot be used on the combat classes.
    So far, each combat class has 2 skills, a level 20 one and a level 40 one. The skills cost zero TP, zero MP and cost no Action Points to equip.
    The skills that say "Increase TP generation" do less damage than a normal attack but give 150-200% more TP.
    The traits that grant class affinity are designed to increase the effectiveness of your cross class skills. Equipping the CON affinity trait on another class will boost the effectiveness of the Cure spells for example.
    The Attribute swap traits can be used to reduce the diminishing returns penalty when buying your stats.

For example:

You buy the +10 STR to +10 INT trait.

Your STR is 40, your INT is 15.

If you put 10 allocation points into STR your STR will now be 45 (it costs two points to raise a STAT beyond 40).

However, if you put 10 points into INT, and equipped the trait, your STR will be 50, and your INT still 15.

You get 5 more points of STR for the same allocation point cost, and have the advantage of already having some INT should you swap to a mage class.

The skills:

Lancer 1-24
    Known Skills and Traits (Subject to change)

1: Light Thrust
    TP Cost: 0
    Action Cost: 0
    Requires: Lancer
    Attack with your polearm.

1: Heavy Thrust
    Attack with your polearm, binding the target.

2: Skewer
    TP Cost: 1000
    Action Cost: 3
    Cooldown: 8 seconds
    Requires: Disciples of War, Disciples of Magic
    Run your enemies through, dealing piercing damage to the target and all enemies between. Increases attack power in proportion to the number of enemies affected.

4: Ferocity
    Cooldown: 60 seconds
    Trigger an adrenaline rush, consuming HP to increase the attack power of your next attack.

6: Trammel
    TP Cost: 500
    Deliver a crippling stab, rendering the target immobile.

8: Moonrise
    Frustrate an enemy's tactics, increasing attack power and dealing slashing damage. Inhibits TP generation of the target.

10: Speed Surge
    Cooldown: 30 seconds
    Wield your weapon with blinding speed, increasing action gauge regeneration. Hitting the target causes an enfeebling effect which grants attacking party members the ability to absorb HP.

12: Doomspike
    TP Cost: 2000
    Stab with great force, increasing attack power and dealing piercing damage to all enemies between you and the target. Reduces the evasion of flying targets.

14: Invigorate
    TP Cost: TBC
    Cooldown: TBC
    Channel your physical energies, consuming HP to gain TP.

16: Leg Sweep
    Strike low, dealing blunt damage to all enemies in a cone before you. Does not affect flying targets.

18: Comrade in Arms
    TP Cost: 500
    Bolster morale, inflicting the target with an enfeebling effect which grants attacking party members increased TP generation.

20: Feint
    TP Cost: 250
    Stab with precision and timing, ensuring the success of your next attack. Increases attack power and deals piercing damage. Can only be executed after target evades an attack.

22: Life Surge
    Requires: TBC
    Make sport of an enemy, granting yourself an enhancing status which grants the ability to absorb HP. While active, successful attacks reduce the targets evasion.

24: Skewer II
    Run your enemies through, dealing piercing damage to the target and all enemies between. Increases attack power in proportion to the number of enemies affected.

Skills & Traits you buy with Marks:

Skills

Pierce
    Attack with your polearm, dealing piercing damage to the target and all enemies in between.

Full Thrust
    Attack with your polearm, dealing piercing damage to the target and increasing TP

Traits
    Fleet of Foot
    Increases your movement speed by 20% while in active mode

Pikemanship
    Increases your affinity with lancer based actions by 10, up to a maximum of 100

Mind over Matter
    Converts DEX +5 into MND +5

Asceticism
    Converts VIT +5 into PIE +5

Muscle Memory
    Converts STR +5 into INT +5

Mind over Matter II
    Converts DEX +10 into MND +10

Asceticism II
    Converts VIT +10 into PIE +10

Muscle Memory II
    Converts STR +10 into INT +10

SPOONY BeARD
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dakin Reyes
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Throw feint in there at 20 and things really take off.
    Feint is so OP atm it makes me want to start whiffing.

Oh, and there is currently no CD as long as you have the TP required.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
    Feint is so OP atm it makes me want to start whiffing.

Oh, and there is currently no CD as long as you have the TP required.
    i heard someone tired that as a SJ is it actually decent? also the most OP sj'ed ability I've used is called aura pulse, it does 2X to flying targets.

as gladiator, hits pharosfly for 200+ at Lv 8 gladiator, 300 by Lv 11 (but no aoe ! )

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Updated.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

No apparent changes between P3 and OB.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    i heard someone tired that as a SJ is it actually decent? also the most OP sj'ed ability I've used is called aura pulse, it does 2X to flying targets.

as gladiator, hits pharosfly for 200+ at Lv 8 gladiator, 300 by Lv 11 (but no aoe ! )
    In P2, I used feint a lot on pug, but as it only registered a single hit, and as the basic pug attack is at least 2 hits, it was only doing half damage.

Its still useful because it acts as its own attack in terms of skillups, but obviously its going to be best used for strong single hitting classes.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

only good sj'able abilities (unless you get that +10% mastery or whatever 500 mark stuff) is aura pulse and similar abilities that do 2X damage to a given "type" of monster. Such as aura pulse, was rape (stronger than any other ability on a given job) on flying mobs.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

So Lancer is like a DRG/THF/DNC/DRK?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sirenia Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Velen

Does Lancer get to wear heavy armor?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirenia View Post
    Does Lancer get to wear heavy armor?
    Yep, but doesn't everyone get to equip heavy armor (to a certain extent)?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hello everyone,

Normally I am the one who waits for other people to create good leveling plans for me, but I have noticed a lack of leveling plans for lancer so I thought I would make my own. I would like your guys' opinions.

Pugilist 6 (For Second Wind) ---> Archer 4 (For Raging Strikes) ---> Thaumaturge 4 (For Sacrifice) ---> Marauder 6 (for Bloodbath) ---> Lancer 20 (for lots lol) ---> Pugilist 18 (for featherfoot blindside and victimize) ---> Thaumaturge 18 (Poison, slow, damnation, Bio, Dia and all the absorbs) ---> Lancer to 50 (for the WIN!)

What This will give me is a solid base to start for self healing and the ability to make my TP moves hit very hard. Then Pugilist will give me Blindside and Victimize I am really looking forward to victimize because I plan to have lots of de-buffs on the target from thaumaturge and it increases critical rate by the amount of de-buffs on the target and reduces their evasion yes please. Then Thaumaturge for some very nice de-buff potential along with self buff from the absorbs. Then take lancer to 50.

What this will yield at end game will be an amazing de-buff/buffer and should be able to put out a decent amount of DPS. The goal is not to be the greatest at DPS but to instead be someone that once a party finds me they never want to let me go because of how much I am able to bring to the table while still putting out nice dps.

What do you guys' think?

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Nice setup but you forgot the most important one, Gladiator 14 (Still Precision). Lancers accuracy sucks horridly. Of all jobs I've played it wifs the most. I put 50 points into dex for my archer. My archer hits so freaking much and its crit rate is almost nerfable. But then I through on my lancer and missed half my attacks.

I remember a Sykes dragoon on phoenix. Guess people named Sykes like lances

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast