1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 9 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 7 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 2 hours, 9 minutes
Closed Thread

Thread: Weaver     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Weaver

Mod Edit: Updated 8/30/10, credit for the 30+ abilities goes to Gulkeeva.

Setter of Trends

From fiber to thread, thread to cloth, cloth to dress, the path of a tailor literally weaves its way from basic beginnings to extravagant ends. And while this alone can prove a long and arduous journey, a weaver’s work spans more than just the spinning of strings and the sewing of seams. Those who wish to excel as clothcrafters must also stay attuned to the latest fashion trends, ensuring their custom are never scoffed by their peers for looking anything less than posh. Just as the Spinner, Nymeia, spins the fates of all Eorzeans, the warp and weft of a weaver’s work, too, have been known to alter the course of destinies both large and small. Perhaps this is why so many of the realm’s tailors pay homage to the fickle goddess.

Abilities
    ● Masterpiece (Rank 10 - MP Cost: N/A - TP Cost: N/A - Cast Time: N/A - Recast: N/A )
    Temporarily increases rate of success for bold syntheses. Most effective for mass production.

● Hasty Hand (Rank 15 - MP Cost: N/A - TP Cost: N/A - Cast Time: N/A - Recast: N/A )
    Advances synthesis progress. Most effective for parts.

● Brand of Wind (Rank 20 - MP Cost: N/A - TP Cost: N/A - Cast Time: N/A - Recast: N/A )
    Temporarily improves stability of harnessed wind elements.

● Ashkin Eluder (Rank 30 - MP Cost: N/A - TP Cost: N/A - Cast Time: N/A - Recast: N/A )
    Temporarily avoid enemy encounters. Effective only against Ashkin.

● Immersion (Rank 30 - MP Cost: N/A - TP Cost: N/A - Cast Time: N/A - Recast: N/A )
    Increases chances for improved craftsmanship of next synthesis. Most effective for finished items.

● Grand Design (Rank 35 - MP Cost: N/A - TP Cost: N/A - Cast Time: N/A - Recast: N/A )
    Advances synthesis progress. Most effective for materials.

● Determination (Rank 40 - MP Cost: N/A - TP Cost: N/A - Cast Time: N/A - Recast: N/A )
    Temporarily increases influence of mind on craftsmanship.

● Culmination (Rank 45 - MP Cost: N/A - TP Cost: N/A - Cast Time: N/A - Recast: N/A )
    Increases rate of success of next synthesis. Most effective for mass production.

● Flawlessness (Rank 50 - MP Cost: N/A - TP Cost: N/A - Cast Time: N/A - Recast: N/A )
    Temporarily prevents increases in risk. Most effective for parts.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

NDA aside... if there is anyone out there that has any vids of Weaver please post! I was a clothcrafter in XI and I am interested in playing something similar in XIV. Thanks.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Hellscream

Quote Originally Posted by Cheticus View Post
    NDA aside... if there is anyone out there that has any vids of Weaver please post! I was a clothcrafter in XI and I am interested in playing something similar in XIV. Thanks.
    No video's but if you've seen any crafting Video's then you've seen them all... crafting is kind of a mini-game and once your good at it you can control your losses and increase your skill ups a lot better than in XI.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Updated. No apparent changes between P3 and OB.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So I decided to start a character in Open Beta as a Weaver. The only ability we get is 'stone throw' and it does 1 damage. I died the very first mob I tried to kill. Anyone have any thoughts here? Do I need to level some other jobs to get access to abilities and cross them over? Am I only able to level up by actually crafting?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Am I only able to level up by actually crafting?
    Precisely. Crafters are not meant to fight and they can't get battle abilities from other classes.