• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 122 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    What does the frequency of catches >60 yards have to do with the argument? If a guy gets you 3 first downs on your side of the field, that beats a single 30 yard catch everytime. It's not equal at all. Catches are important, it keeps the chains moving.
    They are different means to the same end - getting 30 yards closer to the end zone. How many first downs are gained along the way is irrelevant. I could argue that one long catch prevents plays between all of the 10 yard catches where many bad things can happen, false start, TO, etc. An analogy would be a guy who consistently runs for 4-5 yards, and one who is going for no gain or a 20 yard burst - pros and cons to both.

I'm not saying catches aren't important, and obviously it takes skill to make, say, 10 catches a game. If there was a way to fairly award PPR without it unbalancing things(RBs making easy catches in the flat), I would be all for it. Again, in my experience, the fairest way to award points throughout the season is solely based on yardage.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Every league I've ever played in has bonuses. Jesus fucking christ, don't play.
    lol, I'm not if you keep that system. Just giving some constructive criticism, you just don't seem too keen on considering it

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

It's not really constructive, it's more or less whining about how great the standard scoring is and rehashed arguments about PPR.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

nonetheless, you can find about 30 people on these forums who have all used this scoring system, I've yet to hear a complaint.

edit: also, 4/12

GATTACA!

BG Level

It's not really constructive, it's more or less whining about how great the standard scoring is and rehashed arguments about PPR.
    Dissenting opinions on PPR are understandable, I was just sharing my view on it. You didn't refute any of the other points I made, so I will chalk it up to willful ignorance, which is fine since it is your league.

nonetheless, you can find about 30 people on these forums who have all used this scoring system, I've yet to hear a complaint.
    They either don't know what they are missing or don't care enough to say anything.

Some people don't like really competitive leagues, which is perfectly fine. But for those that do, like me, you want the scoring to be straightforward and fair, not tampered with by someone who is arrogant enough to think their super special system is the best one around(note: I have done this many times and reached the conclusion that standard is best). Take off a point here cause QBs are pansies, throw in a half point here, etc.

ANYWAYS, I like debating this because I have spent a lot of time considering it. Calling it whining is a lame troll attempt, you don't deem it constructive because you don't want to admit any of what I'm saying makes sense.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Is it really constructive if you just preach standard? Not really.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Dissenting opinions on PPR are understandable, I was just sharing my view on it. You didn't refute any of the other points I made, so I will chalk it up to willful ignorance, which is fine since it is your league.

They either don't know what they are missing or don't care enough to say anything.

Some people don't like really competitive leagues, which is perfectly fine. But for those that do, like me, you want the scoring to be straightforward and fair, not tampered with by someone who is arrogant enough to think their super special system is the best one around(note: I have done this many times and reached the conclusion that standard is best). Take off a point here cause QBs are pansies, throw in a half point here, etc.

ANYWAYS, I like debating this because I have spent a lot of time considering it. Calling it whining is a lame troll attempt, you don't deem it constructive because you don't want to admit any of what I'm saying makes sense.
    I've played both standard on ESPN and this particular scoring system that Tyr's been using for ages.. and I can honestly say I'd never go back and play a regular "Standard" scoring league again. The shit was just *so* fucking boring. At least with this system, guys like Wes Welker can flourish. Also opens up the league for a ton more scorers who have important jobs like moving the chains.

Anyway, the typical bitching about scoring/should we do auctions/shouldn't we.. always fun. I remember I wasn't a fan of auction drafts til I realized I was pretty decent at auction drafts and won a couple of our leagues, so who gives a fuck.

GATTACA!

BG Level

I presented reasons why specific things don't make sense(bonuses, 6pts per TD pass, etc). Your only response to any of these points has been "but every league I have ever been in has had bonuses!"

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Me? o.o Did you not just read the point that I made where I said I'd been in standard leagues before and when I started to use PPR leagues, I found Standard was boring as fuck? That's my personal opinion. Everyone has theirs.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

No. I think it's because both sides of the argument are obvious and have been discussed to death in many a league, for many a year.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I play a money league with this scoring system...

-1 point for an incomplete pass
    1 point for every 11 Passing Yards
    -1 point for every Rushing Attempt (wr, te, k)
    -1 point for every 2 Rushing Attempts (rb)
    1 point for every 4 Rushing Yards (rb)
    1 point for every 6 Rushing Yards (wr, te, k)
    1 point for every 8 Rushing Yards (qb)
    4 points for every rushing TD (qb)
    6 points for every rushing TD (rb, wr, te)
    1 point for every 3 Catches (qb, te, k)
    1 point for every 4 Catches (rb, wr)
    1 point for every 7 Receiving Yards QB, TE, K, TM
    1 point for every 8 Receiving Yards RB, WR

There's more, but chew on that...

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    I've played both standard on ESPN and this particular scoring system that Tyr's been using for ages.. and I can honestly say I'd never go back and play a regular "Standard" scoring league again. The shit was just *so* fucking boring. At least with this system, guys like Wes Welker can flourish. Also opens up the league for a ton more scorers who have important jobs like moving the chains.
    Wes Welker scores plenty of points in a standard league, but this system has more pressing problems than PPR(which does have some merit, I just don't like it personally).

What is "boring" about standard scoring? Knowing how many points shit is worth off hand? I guess if you want to be completely surprised by how many points each guy ends up with, this league is perfect.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

YOu can summerize all of your posts in a sentence moss. PPR and everything outside of standard sucks. That's not constructive criticism. You've obviously never played in the league with this system, and rip it. Two people thus far who's replied have played in standard and prefer this one.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Me? o.o Did you not just read the point that I made where I said I'd been in standard leagues before and when I started to use PPR leagues, I found Standard was boring as fuck? That's my personal opinion. Everyone has theirs.
    No the post at 10:35 was @Tyche.

I play a money league with this scoring system...

-1 point for an incomplete pass
    1 point for every 11 Passing Yards
    -1 point for every Rushing Attempt (wr, te, k)
    -1 point for every 2 Rushing Attempts (rb)
    1 point for every 4 Rushing Yards (rb)
    1 point for every 6 Rushing Yards (wr, te, k)
    1 point for every 8 Rushing Yards (qb)
    4 points for every rushing TD (qb)
    6 points for every rushing TD (rb, wr, te)
    1 point for every 3 Catches (qb, te, k)
    1 point for every 4 Catches (rb, wr)
    1 point for every 7 Receiving Yards QB, TE, K, TM
    1 point for every 8 Receiving Yards RB, WR

There's more, but chew on that...
    Why oh why do you pay money for that, lol. It's like someone just tabbed their way through the settings while mashing the number pad.

Demosthenes11

Tyr's system is basically the best. I've played in a lot of leagues and my favorites have always been ones with point values similar to that.

No bonus points, no ppr? Child please, some of us have played more than 1 year of FF

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

here's a box score from week 2 last season. Volcanic's epic scoring system in full tilt.

GATTACA!

BG Level

YOu can summerize all of your posts in a sentence moss. PPR and everything outside of standard sucks.
    Open your fucking mind for a second and consider the individual criticisms I made. You STILL haven't refuted any of them. If you look at it and think "huh, maybe it is more balanced to give 4 pts for a passing TD since they come easy for a QB" you could, *GASP*, improve it!

If you guys like it, great. Just stop trying to tell me it makes sense without backing it up.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

System Tyche posted looks hilarious.

And yeah, Welker scores a lot in Standard, but not nearly as much as he should. I don't like Standard because it feels to vanilla, and isn't nearly as rewarding to some as it is to others.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Did I miss you making a point?

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

System Tyche posted looks hilarious.

And yeah, Welker scores a lot in Standard, but not nearly as much as he should. I don't like Standard because it feels to vanilla, and isn't nearly as rewarding to some as it is to others.
    As atrocious as it is, it's fucking fun.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 122 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast