+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Looking to plan a trip next year

Ok this is mostly for information right now.

Me and my girlfriend would like to plan a trip next year around august 2011

We would leave Quebec and we would like to either go to the states, British columbia, new brunswick etc. Our primary place would be Europe but I doubt we can we 2000-3000$ ticket budget

Our Goal is to pay max 2000-3000$ on tickets BIG MAX and that is 2000-3000 for 4 tickets Go and come back for me and my girlfriend.

We plan to go for 2 weeks.

Any tips you can give us for a good destination in my budget?

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

VIVA LAS VEGAS MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

Well we would like a place to visit, we like learning new cultures.

Maybe visiting museums, outdoor events etc.

New York is always a good choice for a cultural hot spot. Places in Cali are also pretty diverse if I'm not mistaken.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

There's already like 15 'what to do when I visit Chicago?' threads here in General if you want to search since I don't feel like digging up the CityPass link again, if the U.S. is not out of your vacation choices totally.

Otherwise I've had several friends visit Ireland and all have had absolutely nothing but great things to say about the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    New York is always a good choice for a cultural hot spot. Places in Cali are also pretty diverse if I'm not mistaken.

There's tons of museums and shit in NYC. That's where I would look, not sure if you can swing 2 weeks for your price range though.

I went to Dominican Republic a couple years ago. They have tours that will bring you through Santo Domingo and you can get a nice dose of their culture on those types of tours. Outside of Santo Domingo is your typical tropical vacation though. I paid $850/ea for 2 round trip tickets out of NY, and an all inclusive resort for 1 week..... and that was a hell of a deal.

August is also hurricane season, so any trip to a Caribbean destination should be cheaper than what you would find during the rest of the year.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

NYC, Washington D.C. (really nice museums there) if you guys want the whole "lots of cultures" schpeal.

If you're talking traveling to see the sights, visit the grand canyon or colorado or something.

How often do you guys hit a beach? Why not someplace with pristine waters?

BG Level

Yes but before what you can do.

Are those places actually doable in the flight budget I wrote?

Ohh.... the $2-$3 Grand is just for Airfare...?

Shit you should be able to fly just about anywhere on the planet for that much lol.

BG Level

Well I just made some checks

France would cost us 3500$
    British Colombia 1900$
    New York 1500
    Chicago 2200

But New York is 6h drive in car so

Relic Shield
    BG Level

What about London? I'm sure you can find tickets within your range, and if you so desire you can get a day ticket via Ryan air to visit Paris or Rome (I think it was 47 euros one way from Rome to London).

Outside of that, I would highly recommend BC. Its absolutely fantastic out there.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

You only need to fly across the ocean, take trains everywhere else (if you can stand it.) It's much much cheaper.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

All your destinations are possible great vacations =)

Being from Vancouver here are some suggestions. Coming during the Summer try to time it around late July so you can attend the Festival of Lights. It's a 4 Day firework event, everyone in the city gets onto the beach and watches it. You won't get to experience the winter part of Whistler, so no skiing but Whistler does have a lot of eco-tourism for the summer. The Chief is an amazing hike which needs to be done if you're into that.

While you're here you can take the Ferry to the Island and check out Victoria and/or Tofino. Victoria for historic value and Tofino for some surfing. The shopping in Downtown Vancouver rivals any major city in Canada and there are a lot of different type of shops. One of Vancouver's biggest attractions is food. A huge variety with fresh produce from local suppliers. Some of the best Japanese you'll ever have outside of Osaka.

You could also consider driving to Seattle (2.5h) or Portland (5h). Portland has no taxes which is a great draw and the outlet stores are amazing. I could go on and on, but to warn you Vancouver is expensive. Liquor tax & now HST is killer. Lol.

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    New York 1500
    Chicago 2200
    Are you flying on a fucking private jet? What the shit. Dorval or whatever the fuck Dorval is called now to Chicago has never cost me more than $200.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

California would be a great destination. you could fly out and get a train pass and go up and down the coast, or if you can rent a car even better. there aren't a lot of places in the U.S. I'd recommend for a trip like that since the places of interest are generally way too spread out.

Europe really would be a great place to go if you can afford the ticket, since everything is much closer there. so many amazing cities with incredible amounts of history in such close proximity. all you need is a rail pass and you can head from hostel to hostel, staying on the cheap and meeting fantastic people as well. if you can swing that, I'm sure you would love it, and the plane ticket would be the only expensive part.

Quote Originally Posted by isladar View Post
    Are you flying on a fucking private jet? What the shit. Dorval or whatever the fuck Dorval is called now to Chicago has never cost me more than $200.

+1...

I just looked up New York (JFK)-> Montreal (YUL) for August of this year and it was $401.00 USD/ea.

Took me 30 seconds on Orbitz, so it's not like I'm getting a special rate or anything.

Should be around the same price to fly in the opposite direction lol.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by isladar View Post
    I tried for exemple Air Canada

Dorval to New york exemple dates August 2nd to August 16

Dorval to New York is 400$ x2 (since we are 2)
    and New York to Dorval about 200X2

Look for Airfare on Orbitz, Expedia, etc.

You will get much better rates, similar to what I posted, there.

Edit:

I did it for you.... and fuck flying on a monday. Your ticket price is almost cut in 1/2 if you fly on a Wednesday.

Orbitz had 8/2 -> 8/16 @ $708/ea.

Change that to 8/4 -> 8/18 and you are magically @ $406 Per person total.

I did:

YUL -> JFK

Not sure if the link will bring you right to the pricing, but here ya go:

http://www.orbitz.com/App/ViewFlight...e=interstitial

Science Fiction Super Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

do NOT go to NYC fucking filthhole

San Fransisco is nice, BC is nice, can hit whistler and do some mountain biking or some shit like that

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Musta got raped in NYC