1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 44 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 15 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 3 hours, 44 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 6 hours, 15 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Thiel Vigilas
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvaria View Post
    just bc i totally missed out on this, how do you trade leves?
    When you go to pick up new leves the dude behind the counter will ask you if you want to trade any in. You simply click on the ones you want to trade in and hit exchange (or just hit exchange without selecting any if you don't want to trade any in).

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

Im really not likeing this idea of a random skill up system as the main way of leveling up
    its like ohhh how can we make grinding even worse I know lets make it complettly random

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Im thinking it's really bad lag. I havent had a problem with FPS type lag, but there seems to be a great deal of system lag.

Shield is killing.. I hit the button.. wait.. wait.. wait.. reading shield.. wait.. wait.. wait.. wait.. wait... raises shield. Literally takes 10+ seconds in a lot of cases.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Been exploring most of Cassiopeia now. It's pretty crazy down there.. alot of different monsters but I have no clue why there'd be Bombs in such a place. It seem to be pretty humid.

Also, yay for crashing while fighting a Magicked Bones. I guess that was the end on my trip.

Little Mother
    BG Level

I was so excited when I got Damnation but it's a piece of crap.

2-5 MP recovered and it hits like 1/5th of the time, oh well.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Idk if theyre just not setup properaly atm or what, but it seems that all of the abilities just suck ass.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boye Fran
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Anyone having a problem with weapon durability? It seems to go down so quickly for me and goes down from 50% to 15% in 15-20 mins. Really frustrating to grind when I have to keep going back to town.

I should level a craft to repair my hand to hand myself, what DoH class repairs bone H2H weapons?

Durability just sucks right now, also I doubt you will ever find tortoiseshell to repair that bone h2h weapon either.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boye Fran
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by madhater View Post
    Durability just sucks right now, also I doubt you will ever find tortoiseshell to repair that bone h2h weapon either.
    I found it last night. It's sold at the shop with the fish tanks on the upper level. Can't think of the shops name.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

FINALLY managed to repair my spear to 100%.

Hello on-the-field repair jobs~!! People of the Beta, come to me! I shall repair your weapons!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    FINALLY managed to repair my spear to 100%.

Hello on-the-field repair jobs~!! People of the Beta, come to me! I shall repair your weapons!
    What lv before I write this system off as more beta failure. (weapon and skill level)

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Level 8 BS managed to repair a level 11 spear.

Also made a bunch of shit - birdsbeak hammer heads, bronze claws heads, ect. I botched my javelin head, though - will craft more after I wake up from a nap.

Level 8 BS managed to repair a level 11 spear.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Where can I level my Rank 20/21 lancer? Everything I'm fighting is becoming such a grind. I'm only getting like 50-150 skill points a mob now but the experience is still around 900. Especially painful when it takes 20,000 exp to level a rank now.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

^ Only thing I can suggest is to try and get someone to craft you a harpoon. I'm trying to work on the mats myself, through BS, and eventually, woodworking.

The good news is that money comes freely from level 20+ leves, so you should have enough to fund your own crafting endeavors. I've all but dropped mining and tree-hacking, as its too much trouble for me to constantly re-equip stats and whatnot.

Little Mother
    BG Level

Nothing like opening up on a mob that's Blue or Green and seeing this. It happens more often than not.

Your slow fails.
    Your bio fails.
    Your dia fails.
    Your slow fails.
    Your Phantom Dart hits for 20 damage.
    Your Damnation was dodged.

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Oh, then you finally kill the thing with Phantom Dart spam and get 24 Thaumaterge points. FML

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

ok a few things on crafting hopefully answer some of the questions

first for the guy looking for the spear clasp, have you tried using just the bronze buckle (or whatever type of metal it is supposed to be) that is found on the npc merchant ?
    i'm pretty sure the clasps/buckles etc. are going to be on goldsmith or armorer, but if they are on smithing they may not have the recipe in game

i managed to create the plumed bronze pickaxe... it took many subcombines and requires smithing to about 3-4, carpenter to 3-4 and weaving to at *least* 9
    smithing - bronze pickaxe head, bronze nails
    weaving - hemp cloth bolt
    carpenter - maple pickaxe handle
    carpenter - combine previous 4 to make bronze pickaxe
    the bronze pickaxe had the same stats as the weathered pickaxe, but you could 'touch up' so certainly there is a +1 version at least

next part is a bit more difficult because you gotta get weaving to 9 to make the mats
    weaving - cotton cloth bolt (tho the recipe given on beta site calls this a cotton yarn bolt)
    botany/merchant - cock feather
    uknowncraft/merchant - iron buckle
    weaving - bronze pickaxe + previous 3 for the final combine
    this thing had at least double the stats of the starter pickaxe, and it was immediately apparent - stuff that was taking 2 sweet spot hits to dig up were only taking 1, and i had a much larger range for the sweet spot it seemed

99.99% certain that all the recipes for the materials we do have are not in-game... when i got to lvl 9 smithing i decided to try some recipes with brass ingots/nuggets so i bought 4x ingot and 6x nugget and started looking at various combo's of these 2 items and there were only a fraction of the recipes using brass as there are for using bronze
    also could not find a recipe using zinc ore (i only had 1 tho... shit is too rare) to make brass anything... tried the zinc with copper, yellow copper, pyrite, limonite and nada in any amount of 1 zinc + any of that other crap
    in theory brass nuggets should be 3x copper and 1x zinc

oh i did manage to make a bronze needle +1 and while it's stats were the same as the normal bronze needle, it had some stars under the 'quality' section but since there is a lvl 10 needle available on the merchant i didn't bother even using the +1 lvl 1 lol

so to summarize, it looks like not all recipes are in-game yet
    what is listed as materials to recipes per SE may not be *exactly* what the in-game item is called
    'decorated' tools/weapons do have increased stats AND their own graphic (at least the pickaxe did have feathers on it now, not sure about other weapons/tools)
    HQ weapons/tools do not have increased stats, but they have stars under the 'quality' section of each stat

lastly... if anyone on shadowlord wants to group up and kill shit i'm lvl 16(almost 17) GLD and 26 physical and tired of soloing already lol - cassiopeia is still a little too much for me to solo, stuff hits me for ~50ish with shield raised

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

So these Yellowjackets. I was grinding in Cassiopeia close to the Aetheryte and I saw one spawn. Told my friend to come duo it with me but before she had arrived he despawned. Couldn't have been up for more than 1-2 minutes. Does that mean he's at some other camp now..?

Unique and/or Creative Phrase
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

^ Only thing I can suggest is to try and get someone to craft you a harpoon. I'm trying to work on the mats myself, through BS, and eventually, woodworking.

The good news is that money comes freely from level 20+ leves, so you should have enough to fund your own crafting endeavors. I've all but dropped mining and tree-hacking, as its too much trouble for me to constantly re-equip stats and whatnot.
    Have you had any luck? I've found everything except the Bronze Spear Clasp.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

i had a question for people about guardian's favor... i chose thaliak the scholor and when i get favor i get increased skill-ups for the duration of the guildleve - and it is noticable, when normally it would be 200-300 it is 400-500 (perhaps actually double normal, but unsure)

people who have a different guardian what favor do they grant ?

i was thinking about initiating a lvl 1 leve, getting the favor, then porting to a high lvl area and grinding for 30 minutes, but i'm not sure if the bonus will work on non-leve mobs or not - and if it does then it would probably be unintended

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast