1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 1 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 12 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 21 hours, 1 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I think levelling crafts will be very important. It will be a pain in the ass to hunt someone or NPC down to repair your weapon every time it needs doing, especially at higher levels where there will be fewer higher level crafters. It would be a lot easier for a DoW to just switch to say blacksmith and repair their own sword there and then.

How much does lack of 100% weapon health affect damage, if at all? Like is the damage dealt any different at 90% weapon health, 70% etc.? What about 50% which is the cap for NPC repairs?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    How much does lack of 100% weapon health affect damage, if at all? Like is the damage dealt any different at 90% weapon health, 70% etc.? What about 50% which is the cap for NPC repairs?
    Yeah it's a noticable difference. Your damage drops as your durability gets lower, once it's broken it also seem to affect skill points but it's hard to tell at this point since those bug out more often than not anyway.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBreeze View Post
    Nothing like opening up on a mob that's Blue or Green and seeing this. It happens more often than not.

Your slow fails.
    Your bio fails.
    Your dia fails.
    Your slow fails.
    Your Phantom Dart hits for 20 damage.
    Your Damnation was dodged.

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Oh, then you finally kill the thing with Phantom Dart spam and get 24 Thaumaterge points. FML
    I didn't even know there were that many spells already in-game. Shit, I should switch to mage sometime..

Hey, do you guys feel that the guildleve system is a bit too simple? From what I read/see, it looks very much like systems used in cheap MMOs (reminds me of Allods) and WoW where people just tell you "Kill x goats." or "Bring x honney".

Is there more depth or are leves really this simple? If so, it feels like MMO regression.

Little Mother
    BG Level

It's just really annoying. With Magic Acc as my highest stat, and the level 11 Thaumaturge Wand, I can still get 100% resists on a blue con mob... I feel really useless when I'm playing with a group and I can't even land slow on the mob, I just feel like a leech when people like my PUG friends are doing 100 damage a round, if not more.

At this rate, whether beta gets reset or this goes live, I definitely will not be playing Thaumaturge again. I wanted to try something different than all the people playing DoW classes, but now I see why they were all playing it heh.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Mage jobs are sucking so far. Fairly ridiculous to try and level solo, takes like 5 minutes to kill anything, even with using MP, and then you cant kill another mob because you have no MP. Slight exaggeration, but pretty close. No reason MP cant regen in passive like HP, and magic actually needs to deal worth while damage.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

It's just really annoying. With Magic Acc as my highest stat, and the level 11 Thaumaturge Wand, I can still get 100% resists on a blue con mob... I feel really useless when I'm playing with a group and I can't even land slow on the mob, I just feel like a leech when people like my PUG friends are doing 100 damage a round, if not more.

At this rate, whether beta gets reset or this goes live, I definitely will not be playing Thaumaturge again. I wanted to try something different than all the people playing DoW classes, but now I see why they were all playing it heh.
    hey I had to buff to do those 100 punches! ;/

you were hitting the mobs with something enough to pull aggro off me though haha..

randomly pug is kinda fun to play, i just wish it had more... gear that looked more.. pug-ish... I'm like.. in a pink coat... ;/

Well atleast people can find me in a crowd easily I guess O_o

Little Mother
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    hey I had to buff to do those 100 punches! ;/

you were hitting the mobs with something enough to pull aggro off me though haha..

randomly pug is kinda fun to play, i just wish it had more... gear that looked more.. pug-ish... I'm like.. in a pink coat... ;/

Well atleast people can find me in a crowd easily I guess O_o
    Nah Blood Rite is like Soul Eater from XI. If you use it the next thing you cast pulls threat almost every time I've seem

I'd be glad to take that pink coat. Being a Thaumaturge with a football helmet is fail lol.

Hey guys, anyone know the best way to obtain lightning shards? Need a ton for clothcrafting.

Little Mother
    BG Level

I was told you can get a lot from Mining. I was interested in doing Weaving myself but out of the hundreds and hundreds of crystals I had, not a single one was Lightning, so I gave up on it until later.

Unique and/or Creative Phrase
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I have all the mats for the harpoon, but the synth didn't work. I think you might need 2 Ice Crystals instead of one. I'll have to try it next test.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sirenia Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Velen

I'm feeling the same way on Conjurer....I love to blow stuff up...but this sucks. Today I made a miqo'te marauder and the deference is night and day. I think I might be melee this time around if they don't fix mages.

A few questions regarding harvesting/logging/mining. Do the harvesting and logging points respawn in different places or are they always in the same spots and just have a cool-down to recharge? In regards to mining, everytime I found a spot it would say readying and then 'you can no longer', although I hadn't done anything there. Is this because someone had just been there before me?

Many thanks!

Dammit Steve of the House of Weave
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sirenia View Post
    I'm feeling the same way on Conjurer....I love to blow stuff up...but this sucks. Today I made a miqo'te marauder and the deference is night and day. I think I might be melee this time around if they don't fix mages.
    Same here. 15 con now, and I put it down and picked up a lance. Got to lv 8 lancer in about an hour. It's just so nice not having to run back to camp to refresh mp, and instead after a few mobs, just stand in one spot and let your hp regen in a minute. Kinda feeling like I won't be playing much conjurer unless they change how mp works in the game.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The complete fail thing has to go imo. I never had as much frustration with 50 damage Tier IV nukes in FFXI as I do with seeing "Your Scourge fails".

I don't care if it resists the debuff, but at least have it do SOME damage. No matter how minimal, at least then my mind would shift to 'damn resist' instead of the current 'WTFFFFFFFFF'.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    The complete fail thing has to go imo. I never had as much frustration with 50 damage Tier IV nukes in FFXI as I do with seeing "Your Scourge fails".

I don't care if it resists the debuff, but at least have it do SOME damage. No matter how minimal, at least then my mind would shift to 'damn resist' instead of the current 'WTFFFFFFFFF'.
    Nothing is really balanced as said this is basically vanilla-zilart FFXI which is pre sushi and pre decent mage food/staves.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Nothing is really balanced as said this is basically vanilla-zilart FFXI which is pre sushi and pre decent mage food/staves.
    FFXI has decent mage food?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by GavinBandura View Post
    A few questions regarding harvesting/logging/mining. Do the harvesting and logging points respawn in different places or are they always in the same spots and just have a cool-down to recharge? In regards to mining, everytime I found a spot it would say readying and then 'you can no longer', although I hadn't done anything there. Is this because someone had just been there before me?

Many thanks!
    I can't say for sure cause Im only rank 7 miner and rank 5 botanist (woodcutter) but for fieldleves you usually are doing the same trees oir one and for another it will be go find a tree in a certain area which is usally close in proximity the second time around. When not doing leves and just looking for harvesting points I think it can be very random but probably there are a limit to the number of points in a givin area, which is at least very high thats good cause there are sooooooooooo much places to explore

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

So I just finished my testing, and here are my thoughts (a lot of reiterating, sorry):

1) Wow, the test was a million times smoother tonight. This was on Garland, and based on the performance, I would say the game is in fact almost ready for retail. Performance-wise, mind you-- not content-wise (though we can only guess about that).

2) The game was immediately smoother, and turning off Ambient Occlusion it was about as playable as I could have hoped for from XI. Can't really tell much difference with AO anyway, though DoF is a nice setting to have on that really makes the environment much more beautiful. I definitely suggest turning off AO unless you're capping FPS anyway. This is on a Phenom X4 @2.5 and ATI 5750, btw, so nothing especially great.

3) Being that it was so much smoother, I was actually able to use reactionary abilities like Haymaker! Granted, I evaded so rarely that I almost never got to use it, and when I did I was too caught off guard to use it, but still, it was possible for the first time ever. Ability use was almost 1:1, though annoyingly sometimes my selection cursor would disappear from the action bar. So sometimes I could just press Confirm Confirm Confirm Confirm on the abilities I wanted to use, but sometimes I would have to Confirm ActionBar Confirm ActionBar Confirm ActionBar. I assume this is due to a bug, as it appeared to be completely random.

4) Unfortunately, by the time I hit class rank 10 and did the Legends Adrift quest, I felt that there was really nothing that I wanted to do at all. I was already bored with the game. Grinding to 20 sounded completely unappealing and I was done for the night. The combat is better-- as a Pugilist I can Light Strike for the EVA/DEF buff, then throw in a couple of Heavy Strikes for damage, Second Wind when I get weak-- I'm using three whole abilities regularly now! WSs still need balanced so that they don't really suck. Haymaker would be great if I ever evaded. I can certainly see the battle coming together somewhat, however...

5) Yawn, there is still no real strategy to speak of. Even though I'm doing more, the strategy is the same for every battle. This is what leads me to not want to play. This would actually be far better than XI if there were more incentive to party up, but right now partying is a disincentive. I would definitely like a queue since I'm doing the same things over and over anyway... this would also make it much more bearable (though not necessarily fun).

6) So I decided to go tackle some beefier prey-- Puk Hatchlings, Dodos, etc. I can only effectively do these at rank 11 because I happened upon some excellent gear, though. Unable to fathom how I'll get to rank 20 without boring myself to death, I decided to go ahead and attempt the rank 20 Bloodshore leves.

7) I think I could have actually completed these leves solo based on how much I was getting hit for, but we'll never know because I got the damn active mode bug, which screwed me out of a chance for a few thousand gil and a Damaltica :C And for some reason, I couldn't accept my third leve-- "You have no leves to exchange."

So overall, the game has come a long way and I can definitely see its potential, though the content in the beta isn't even close to what I would want it to be. Most likely my next playtime, I'll do my leves, then try to find someone to dick around with in a party. I haven't figured out what I might do after that, but I think I'm done grinding for skill.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Scritch View Post
    FFXI has decent mage food?
    maron glace was good shit
    and there was lots of pies that where good for low level to give mages a good boost of MP and dmg/healing attributes

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast