+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Underrated movies     submit to reddit submit to twitter

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gadritan View Post
    Holy failure Batman. Been so long since I'd seen it, 13 just sounded right <_<
    I have no excuse, I own it and force people to watch it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshiin
    Most of the people I've talked to think it's the worst movie ever but I just love The Fifth Element.
    I really liked it when it came out, it still has a certain charm and I usually watch it when it's on TV. Gary Oldman's villain character is hilarious.

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mjd View Post
    Shoot 'em Up.

Everyone hates it, I love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenshiin View Post
    Most of the people I've talked to think it's the worst movie ever but I just love The Fifth Element.
    What the fuck? How can people hate those..

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

People who take them seriously and refuse to willingly suspend their disbelief for the sake of entertainment.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

a deep story about 2 ppl that fell in love in high school that woke up in the morning, the alarm gives out a warning and they didnt think they can make it on time. but by the time they grabbed their books and they gave themselves a look, just around the corner they see the bus fly by, its all right. cmon, they're saved. saved by the school bell

http://a.imageshack.us/img840/2395/s...lvegas2318.jpg

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Oh man..... 12 monkeys, shoot em up, doug, 5th element, role models... like every movie thats been listen so far, except ong ak or whatever, havnt seen it. My favorite movie as a child was Aladdin, but a good chunk of my friends have never seen it =/

EDIT - Also like all those retarded syfy movies when they play them. <3333

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshiin View Post
    Most of the people I've talked to think it's the worst movie ever
    The people you talked to are retards. Stop talking to them.

Hmm, lets see.

Down Periscope, Lake Placid, After the Sunset, Sahara, Push, The Losers

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Kingpin was fucking amazing. I love that movie.

Also, everyone seemed to hate it, but I absolutely love Cable Guy (Jim Carrey, not that fgt larry guy)
    Fucking love these movies haha, really two powerhitting comedies with my friends. We have a running joke where we sing the Star Trek song he does haha.

De De DUN DUN DUN de de Dun dun.. De de DUN DUN DUN DUUUN DUN DUN.
    BrrrRRRAAA... BrrrRRRAAAAA

Old Merits
    BG Level

Contributing:
    I think the earliest movie I can think of that is completely underrated is Death Proof. I absolutely love that movie and everything about it, the way the dialogue is shot, the car racing action, even the sheer angels they have for the car scenes... Pure Win IMHO. Alas, like 50% of my friends can't stand the movie;;.

[Youtube]Aj_wTdDr1wc[/Youtube]

The list is unending for oldschool movies that are underrated... Bram Stoker's Dracula comes to mind, people love to hate on that movie but it's one of my favorite Horror movies, even despite "Keanu Dracula" lolz.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

People like to hate on The Chronicles of Riddick, but I think it's one of the most original sci-fi/fantasy movies out there. Or the setting of it is anyway.

Ong Bak, 12 Monkeys, Fifth Element, and Death Proof are all good movies too.

I keep running into younger people that refuse to watch movies pre-1995 because the special effects or culture of that time are different/subpar. Old friend of mine refused to watch terminator 2 and the die hard. Refused to watch fifth element too

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

Well then he's retarded. There's a ridiculous amount of awesome movies pre-1995.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    People like to hate on The Chronicles of Riddick, but I think it's one of the most original sci-fi/fantasy movies out there. Or the setting of it is anyway.
    I like it, and can't wait for the next one, but it ISN'T original. It'd D&D fluff mixed with Warhammer40k fluff.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kwijiboe View Post
    I keep running into younger people that refuse to watch movies pre-1995 because the special effects or culture of that time are different/subpar. Old friend of mine refused to watch terminator 2 and the die hard. Refused to watch fifth element too
    That's despicable... Not wanting to watch black & whites is one thing but jeesus there's so many good movies in the 80s. My all-time favorite director is Akira Kurosawa, he did majority of his movies in the 50s-70s and didn't start doing colors till later years. He made ALOT of Samurai flicks centering around feudal Japan, pretty much the best of them. I wouldn't trade all the graphics or special effects in the world for the plots/scenes he created...

Note: I'm 22 heh, <3 old movies~

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Wow ... I figured more would have heard of Dark City. That movie is an amazing piece of Sci-Fi.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by voo View Post
    Wow ... I figured more would have heard of Dark City. That movie is an amazing piece of Sci-Fi.
    Seen it, but it was a whiiiiile ago and don't remember alot of it so didn't feel enough to comment. I'm a sucker for oldschool Sci-Fi flicks though Ima have to re-watch :D.

Also, Hellraiser 1 & 2. You have no idea how many people who are horror lovers (lolSaw kiddies) and have never even heard of or watched these movies. Supremely awesome horror flicks, Wes Craven really went the distance with the gore on those but he didn't make it all about the gore like some horrors are now, it actually HAD plot haha.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

Sup Tellahh, watch this one, not sure if was considered underrated back then, but i remember seeing it on cinema when i was a kid.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aapr25179 View Post
    Sup Tellahh, watch this one, not sure if was considered underrated back then, but i remember seeing it on cinema when i was a kid.

Muuuuuuuuge!
    Seen it :D, my momz made me watch that when I was like 7 or 8 and I LOVED it, really cool Sci-Fi flick. I love the scene when the "alien robots" or w/e they were were cooking in the restaurant haha, flipping burgers and shit XD.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mjd View Post
    Yes it is, and that's the point of the movie!
    Yeah I meant it in a good way. If you go in expecting seriousness then yeah of course you won't like it. But it's just so ridiculous it becomes amazing.

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    I personally always liked the super mario brothers movie. Everyone else apparently hates it.
    I watched the heck out of this movie when I was 8, lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast