+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Underrated movies     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fiendishone View Post
    Shoot em up.

Don't forget your vegetables. Fucking classic.

And of course, Who's The Man. A who's who of old school rappers. And Dennis Leary!
    Shoot 'em Up is under rated cause critics think violence is dumb.

"Oh no, I'm a tough guy with a pussy in my hand"

Quote Originally Posted by Gryffes View Post
    Escape from LA was kinda trash though, lol at the CGI surfing scene.
    It had Bruce Campbell though. That's an auto-win.

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Not underrated when they were released, but two movies I saw fairly recently that are probably underrated/not even seen by current younger generations would be The Graduate and Casablanca.

Casablanca was great, I thought it was some sappy romance movie but it was better than that imo. The Graduate was one of my favorite movies of all time. 'Nuff said.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Casablanca has really got a lot going on. That movie has aged better than just about everything from the pre-color era except perhaps M.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

A Clockwork Orange is a masterpiece. I think it is a must view.

Ridill
    BG Level

A Clockwork Orange is underrated?

Hydra
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Moon Guard

Not exactly, but it's surprising how many people have never heard of it. I feel like it's been buried away.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

If you liked like Lock Stock & 2 Smoking Barrels, then you might like the New Zealand Movie called Stick Men.

IMDB: "Heavily influenced by Guy Richie's 'Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels', with a similar plot (a few likeable lads get in over their heads with colourful local gangsters), style (slow-motion and other camera tricks, dark humour, some sexy violence) and setting (the seedier side a big city, particularly lots of bars), this is an enjoyable if shallow piece of pulp film. Like most Kiwi films some of the acting leaves a bit to be desired, none of the characters are particularly deep, you won't learn any higher truths or even move your intellect out of second gear, but it is good fun, particularly if you enjoy a bit of pool. Wait for the entrance of 'The Men In Black': it's the movie's best scene."

I remember watching it a few years ago, thought it was funny as hell lol. Not sure how well known if at all it is overseas.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

How "Stay Tuned" or "License to Drive" have not been mentioned yet, I'll never know. Some of my other favorites like Death to Smoochy and Big Trouble in Little China have already been mentioned. Matchstick Men is probably my favorite Nicholas Cage movie not named Con Air. I haven't seen it in ages, but Big with Tom Hanks was one of my favorite movies growing up as well.

And for underappreciated horror before the whole series went to shit, Puppetmaster.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9