+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Sherlock     submit to reddit submit to twitter

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The Baskerville episode should be awesome.

Last episode might well be aids.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

Spoiler: show
    That whole episode I was convinced it was the lights that were providing the hallucinations. Otherwise, the whole thing was pretty obvious.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I lol'd when John found the group of people 'dogging' on the moors. Thought Sherlock was a tad cruel with his experiment on John. Also thought the guy from Being Human playing Henry was a bit over the top in places.

John's blog has been updated: http://www.johnwatsonblog.co.uk/

I'm at work, but the trailer for the next episode should be up on youtube I presume by now as well as the vid in John's blog.

Oh god, I also found out that the guy who wrote the last episode of this season also wrote the crappy pirate episode from last season's Doctor Who. Prepare yourselves!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

New vid on John's blog

Preview for episode 3

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

sooo...
    add sherlock to list of awesome british shows involving people jumping off a roof

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Season 3's been confirmed, probably be another 18 month wait.

Oh and Sherlock pulls a leaf out of the beginning of the Star Trek 2009 film by
    having me bawling like a baby within the first 5 mins. Poor John.

So any smart guesses how he faked his death? I'm inclined to think that it's got something to do with Molly...

Unique and/or Creative Phrase
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Nekonaruto View Post
    So any smart guesses how he faked his death? I'm inclined to think that it's got something to do with Molly...
    Definitely has something to do with Molly. If I remember correctly, he asked for her help shortly before the jump. Also, he jumped off her hospital, which seems even more convenient.

I'm guessing that he somehow survived the fall, and Molly helped him fake his death by pronouncing him dead. He was probably afraid that if the assassins found out that he was alive, they would come for his friends again. Watson never actually got close enough to check his pulse or anything, so there's no way he could have known.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cayos View Post
    Definitely has something to do with Molly. If I remember correctly, he asked for her help shortly before the jump. Also, he jumped off her hospital, which seems even more convenient.

I'm guessing that he somehow survived the fall, and Molly helped him fake his death by pronouncing him dead. He was probably afraid that if the assassins found out that he was alive, they would come for his friends again. Watson never actually got close enough to check his pulse or anything, so there's no way he could have known.
    Watson checked his pulse.

It definitely has something to do with Molly, and I also think something happened during the time when Watson was knocked down from the biker. Somehow during that time, Sherlock's body was switched or something. Maybe it was Moriarty's corpse that fell off and Sherlock switched himself at street level.

There's obvious flaws with that theory, but I just can't think of anything better.

Unique and/or Creative Phrase
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    Watson checked his pulse.

It definitely has something to do with Molly, and I also think something happened during the time when Watson was knocked down from the biker. Somehow during that time, Sherlock's body was switched or something. Maybe it was Moriarty's corpse that fell off and Sherlock switched himself at street level.

There's obvious flaws with that theory, but I just can't think of anything better.
    Oops, I forgot about that. I thought he had gotten pulled away before he could check, but thinking back I think you're right.
    Regardless, Watson definitely saw him standing on the ledge while talking to him on the phone, jump, fall, and hit the ground. I don't think there's any room in there to switch the body, so I think it's more likely that he survived and later pretended to be dead.

BG Level

Maybe Sherlock is actually a bumble.

http://m1.ourstage.com/tb/YVBJKGDIRLAJ-large.jpg?15

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Some people think he somehow landed in the back of the vehicle that was there when you first saw the body on the ground, but a moment later is gone. And that in the space of a few seconds a substitute body was placed on the ground with a Sherlock mask.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

So many worthy gifs for the last episode

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ysera

Running theories I've seen around the interwebs:

1) Sherlock jumped and landed in the truck that's briefly seen when John turns the corner and sees Sherlock's body on the ground. He survives the fall this way.
    1a) The body wasn't really Sherlock; the real Sherlock rides off in the truck after having placed a different body (from Molly's morgue?) on the ground.
    1b) The "body" was Sherlock, but he was alive (after landing in the truck). When John gets knocked down by the cyclist, he gets dosed with something to disorient him. Cyclist + some/all onlookers are part of Sherlock's "homeless" network from the original stories. When John reaches to feel Sherlock's pulse, someone takes his hand and pulls it away.

2) Sherlock somehow made the switch on the roof, and the person falling was really Moriarty.
    2a) Moriarty made the little girl TERRIFIED of Sherlock somehow, could have worn a lifelike Sherlock mask or something?

In all scenarios, Molly helps by pronouncing him dead.

Personally, I'm partial to the theory that Sherlock survived and prevented John from realizing he wasn't dead.

Also, I wasn't bawling until John was standing at his grave, begging him not to be dead. Then it was all over for me.

While I think it could be a number of things. I think Molly's favour was faking DNA (they talk about how easy this is in the first ep) and / or I.D.ing the body. I wonder if the guy bumping into Watson had some of the drug from the second eps and it made everything we saw from Watson's view 'what he expected to see'. With the body really being Moriarty (maybe with a Sherlock mask) I think there was also some clue in how Sherlock asked Watson to stand in the same spot over and over but I can't think of anything as a why

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

Quote Originally Posted by Galkaeater View Post
    I really don't know what to say.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Right, time to sledgehammer some Hollywood executive's offices.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I'm calling "Robert Downy Jr.'s Holmes: The Television Series."

Given how my friends reacted to the movies, saying how stellar they were that is, I'm not going to be shocked at all if this happens.