Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva View Post
    Spoiler: show
    who was the guy at the end watching sherlock vid? maybe moriarty faked his own death too? dun dun dun
    I think thats the new main villain. Didn't look like Moriarty to me.

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I both liked and hated that the just gave different possibilities for how he did it but didn't say which one, if any, was correct. And, my guess on the new villain is Charles Milverton.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Qeomash View Post
    I both liked and hated that the just gave different possibilities for how he did it but didn't say which one, if any, was correct. And, my guess on the new villain is Charles Milverton.

Basically that character but they are going to change his name to be Charles Augustus Magnussen which is based off of the same character. We won't get much of who he is really until episode 3 though.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I don't read sherlock stuff but is the last episode's title in Series 3 going to be final? I don't want another cliff hanger lol

At the same time, I decided to go check out if there were box sets/DVDs available. I expected it won't come out until maybe April, but I was pleasantly surprised at how it'll actually come out a week after the last episode airs.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sherlock-Com...words=sherlock

However... the Amazon site had this up since maybe July? As a result, the reviews/comments got trolled, there's a few nuggets of gold there if you guys want some lulz.

I must say, it was a master stroke to combine two shows - I never expected the TARDIS to show up while Sherlock was in mid-fall, allowing him to be saved from certain death, then returned just before the point of impact, being lowered gently to the ground and playing dead for Watson. Plus it allowed Benedict Cumberbatch to go off and be the Doctor for four years before returning to Sherlock without anyone noticing.
    My future self absolutely loved this purchase.
    She has informed me that it was worth the ten year wait between series two and three.
    She was particularly impressed by the DVD extras which involved 16 uncut minutes of Benedict Cumberbatch stroking a hobbits feet seductively .However what really sealed the deal on this purchase was the added 30 min Red Nose Day segment of the Sherlock/Supernatural and Doctor Who crossover episode.

I just still can't believe that the series three finale cliff hanger was Sherlock stepping out of the shower and Watson declaring he had a bad dream in which Sherlock had died thus rendering all of season three void. I thought the Dallas ending had already been done to death ( no pun intended) but no..it seems Moffat has the skill to make anything seem fresh and new.
    My future self now eagerly awaits the release of series four which Moffat has stated will be out in the winter of 2032...
    Well, I must say. I didn't see that coming at all! Sherlock transforming into a Dragon called Smaug to survive the fall and living in middle earth for 3 years? John taking advantage of his small height and rather hairy feet to masquerade as a Hobbit under the named Bilbo? Only to encounter each other again after 3 years in the lonely mountain!?!?! Then both retiring from their time in middle earth to return to 221B Baker Street.
    Excellent, shame Johnlock wasn't canon.....
    High expectations for series 4...

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Great episode. Are dates for the other two known yet or nay?

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

2 is out this coming Sunday
    3 is out next week Sunday (fuckkkk it's gonna be a long week)

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Sweet, thanks. The only date I'd seen previously was The Empty Hearse on the 19th in North America. I didn't realize it was already watchable until I saw this thread haha.

Certified Enhancement Shaman
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meph Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

When/Where does this air in the US?

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

PBS in like 3 weeks

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Qeomash View Post
    Pretty sure they said which one was correct, it was the last one.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

unless they confirmed it outside of the show then no, they deliberately cast doubt on it

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

If you say so. Seemed pretty clear to me for them to do it at the end of the show with Sherlock himself explaining what happened instead of all the side characters coming up with theories.

But it could also be that I was ready for an explanation by the end and readily accepted it.

Also

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

While I loved the different theories, each of them were just speculation from other characters is how I saw it. It was also a potshot against many theories that circulated online. Regardless, Sherlock repeatedly tries to tell John, but he was too enraged to listen; by the end of the episode John didn't care, so we never got the story from himself... for the last speculation it was implied that Philip was just going mental at that point and visualised Sherlock sitting there being filmed; he was shown to just disappear and it's as if Philip snaps out of it and then decides to go crazy again and tear down his theories/research on the wall. This is how I saw it anyways...

But it could also be that I was ready for an explanation by the end and readily accepted it.
    Sounds about right. I also accepted it briefly before recapping mentally and thinking back, then going "hang on...!"

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I also felt like it was the real one because it started off with the 13 routes thing that Sherlock himself was telling John about. Not to mention that it was the only one that fully setup the scene and went through everything. And I saw it more as Philip being so tin foily at this point that even when he got the real explanation he kept looking for ways to disprove it so he could keep going.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

and that was the whole fucking point lol. it was done in such a way that people can be as satisfied or as infuriated as they want, they can accept it, or they can tinfoil it. it was a very deft way of dealing with the problem whilst massively trolling the fandom, I'm sure people will argue for years

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azull Abaddon
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I accept the dummy/prank call version of events as reality.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I love and hate the fact that they troll the fans with scenes like that.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    Watson checked his pulse.

It definitely has something to do with Molly, and I also think something happened during the time when Watson was knocked down from the biker. Somehow during that time, Sherlock's body was switched or something. Maybe it was Moriarty's corpse that fell off and Sherlock switched himself at street level.

There's obvious flaws with that theory, but I just can't think of anything better.
    They pretty much did my theory right off the hop lol

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I was right on which villain was the new one? I cooked that up because I remembered reading about one that basically collected info on people to blackmail them. And then, there was the radio Mrs. Hudson was listening to that mentioned "Orwellian surveillance". That, along with that the villain seemed to be watching CCTV of them saving Watson he likely collects information on people to use against them. Hence, the villain I guessed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast