+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Microsoft word     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Microsoft word

I bought a netbook few days ago and I want to put microsoft word on it. Is there a place that has it for free rather than a 60 day free trial?

My sister has it on her laptop, but I think she deleted the executable for the installer. Am I out of luck on that approach?

we fuckin' stole it man.
    BG Level

If you are part of a private tracker, or even a public tracker you could probably find it very easily. I'd still rather use openoffice any day though.

http://www.openoffice.org/

There aren't any places that just have free copies of Microsoft Word/Office (legally). I don't know if that's a boundary for you or not lol. But if you're a student, a lot of universities offer free software to students. I got free Windows 7 Pro 64-bit that way :D

Quote Originally Posted by Balthasar View Post
    There aren't any places that just have free copies of Microsoft Word/Office (legally). I don't know if that's a boundary for you or not lol. But if you're a student, a lot of universities offer free software to students. I got free Windows 7 Pro 64-bit that way :D
    I got my 7 that way too, but they didn't offer office for some reason lol.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Students or Government can get it free/cheap with enough searching (I can get Office 2010 for 10 bucks if I cared enough), public sector you're gonna have to pay or pirate your way to glory.

Shadow of the House of Weave
    BG Level

Open office should do everything you need. I ended up going back to Word when I could get a free copy because of the tutorials I had to use (computer basic training for easy credit) were using Word terms, but open office worked for writing papers.

Open Office does look like what I need. Thank you.