+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast
    Blackice

Ways to mitigate the smell:

1. Vaporize (Obviously this is the expensive route, probably not something you're interested in for ninja-smoking on the side)
    2. Use a sploof to exhale into. (This can be achieved a couple different ways. You could purchase a Smoke Buddy off Amazon or you can get yourself a toilet or paper towel roll, fill it with dryer sheets and then just exhale into that.)
    3. Don't be a complete rookie and try to cover it with Axe or cologne, you'll just smell like Axe and ganj.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Nah she didn't smell it on me myself so that isn't an issue, she just smelled it in the area by the balcony door. I'll look into the paper towel roll thing.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It's hard to smoke and burn plant product and not get caught. That shit will tell on you like no other, even more so with keen smelling girlfriends who are less keen on cannabis use.

You need a vape pen or something, but again, that's not for ninja, on-the-side smoking. Better to not do it where she will later be, or give yourself some time, some airflow to allow that very distinct smell of marijuana smoke to dissipate.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Don't smoke on balcony/patio. Just take a short 3min walk and smoke your joint. I never smoke on premesis if I know someone will be home in 6 hours, I always go for a walk around the neighborhood and take in the beautiful Florida weather while getting high.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Mannoroth

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Don't smoke on balcony/patio. Just take a short 3min walk and smoke your joint. I never smoke on premesis if I know someone will be home in 6 hours, I always go for a walk around the neighborhood and take in the beautiful Florida weather while getting high.
    Wish I could do that in Tampa without a cop stopping to talk within minutes.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    I live near Chicago in a pretty tightly concentrated apartment complex with a park and a ton of kids nearby, lol. I had already thought of this as the first solution, but realistically there is nowhere to walk to that isn't completely out in the open in front of a bunch of people, and also it's still 35 degrees and raining here .

I'd honestly broach the topic with the g/f at sometime. You hiding it from her is stupid (you're a grown ass man after all), almost as stupid as her being mad at you for smoking it lol (or having your own stash). If you are responsible with it, it's no different than going out on Friday and getting a nice beer buzz.

In the mean time, vacate the premises when smoking. The dryer sheets in the paper towel roll works, but it's not fool proof. Look into Ozium also. It's an extremely strong deodorizer they use pretty regularly in hospitals. It works better than any spray I've tried, but still not 100%

You're smoking hash outside on a balcony and she can still smell it hours later near the door? She's got a better sense of smell than my pregnant wife lol.

Maybe close balcony door, light up, exhale into paper towel+dryer sheet roll muffler, spray Ozium outside.

Seriously glad I don't have to deal with this bullshit lol.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

the less you try to hide, the less obvious you are, if you were to walk down the street (not directly next to someone) no one will bat an eye at you smoking a joint, because, who the fuck would do that, they would think you are just smoking a home rolled cigarette

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Friend of mine got the Atmos JR recently. Reviews have been good, though most say it could use a little more room for the bud itself. It's $40, not much more than a decent glass piece.

EDIT: It's a pen-sized Vaporizer, if that wasn't clear.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Quixon View Post
    I'd honestly broach the topic with the g/f at sometime. You hiding it from her is stupid (you're a grown ass man after all), almost as stupid as her being mad at you for smoking it lol (or having your own stash). If you are responsible with it, it's no different than going out on Friday and getting a nice beer buzz.
    Yeah I've already been working on this part. I've explained the silliness of her being okay with me getting drunk, and not okay with me smoking; her justification simply being that it's currently illegal, and if it gets legalized in our state then she would not have any issue with it(which, imo is a fair stance on her part for the time being).

Blackice

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    Friend of mine got the Atmos JR recently. Reviews have been good, though most say it could use a little more room for the bud itself. It's $40, not much more than a decent glass piece.

EDIT: It's a pen-sized Vaporizer, if that wasn't clear.
    Keep in mind, there isn't a single dry herb vape pen out currently that doesn't combust on some level. If you want legit vaping, I'd recommend the PAX or the MFLB for portability.

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    Yeah I've already been working on this part. I've explained the silliness of her being okay with me getting drunk, and not okay with me smoking; her justification simply being that it's currently illegal, and if it gets legalized in our state then she would not have any issue with it(which, imo is a fair stance on her part for the time being).
    Oye I'd be arguing with her constantly lol. Jaywalking is illegal, driving 1 MPH of the limit is illegal, driving 1 MPH under the limit is illegal, talking on the cell while driving is illegal -_- They actually have pretty much decriminalized it completely in NY. Unless you are carrying a bunch of it or are caught selling it, you basically get a ticket and pay a small fine.

My discussion would go, "Do you trust me enough to not be an irresponsible idiot with this?" Soon as you get the yes answer the argument is over haha.

The paranoia over getting caught with weed is funny with some people.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

She at least has practical reasoning, and applies it consistently. On that end it was decriminalized downtown(but not where I live), and will likely be legalized within the next couple years. It's just not really something I feel like spending mental energy fighting about, since the lack of that is the entire reason I got a bag in the first place, lol

I hear ya.

Blaze up with your toilet paper roll and ozium haha.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Many of my friends have the same issue(s) with their girlfriends. They flirt with getting caught, they stammer with poor lies when she inquires about an odor. I have tried that many times, and now I try to be honest and frank about my views on cannabis. I will continue looking for a (cis-)female human who also welcomes responsible cannabis use. Some of the worst situations with my friends really frustrate me; I can't even hang out with some friends, for fear of their gf finding out they were with me. "Oh, Rora's a fucking pot head, so you smoked? ugh" eeevery time. Fucking Natalie

Time to add more new friends, hoping for open minds..

Haha. My friends have had a couple of those g/f's over the years. I got one of them pretty good just last week.

I ran over to pick my buddy up from his apartment. He is helping me with some interior remodeling I'm doing. So I come to the door and he yells back into the apartment that he's running over to my house to help me out and he'd be back.

I hear from his bathroom, "What are you going over to smoke weed again? Does that kid do anything else?" (She didn't realize I was picking him up, she just thought he was driving over to my place.)

So I yell back into the appartment:

"Jenna I make more than you and Jon combined, I own my own house, and I've got a wife and kids. I'm also 30 years old, your 26. What exactly is your issue again?"

....Not a peep. We closed the door and left.

I think he's shit canning her very soon.

Edit: That being said, I am high around her all the time. But that's how I am when I go out. Social gatherings outside of my or my friends homes just aren't my thing. So I smoke a prior and I enjoy myself a bit more, and everyone with me enjoys themselves as well. Win win, except I'm not the one hung over in the morning if the gathering happens to be at a bar.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

That is a pretty good owning. I need to drop one of those on a Natalie sometime.

Ridill
    BG Level

really you should either tell her to deal with it or take a break until it's legal or whatever

that shit never ends well, especially because sooner or later the disagreement you can't settle is going to be over something a lot bigger than smoking a bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Roranora View Post
    Many of my friends have the same issue(s) with their girlfriends. They flirt with getting caught, they stammer with poor lies when she inquires about an odor. I have tried that many times, and now I try to be honest and frank about my views on cannabis. I will continue looking for a (cis-)female human who also welcomes responsible cannabis use. Some of the worst situations with my friends really frustrate me; I can't even hang out with some friends, for fear of their gf finding out they were with me. "Oh, Rora's a fucking pot head, so you smoked? ugh" eeevery time. Fucking Natalie

Time to add more new friends, hoping for open minds..
    My gf is the bigger smoker of the two of us, haha. She's been introducing me to all sorts of good shit (been out of smoking for a long while now). Hanging out/dating a responsible smoker is so great.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

So uh, I smuggled some cannabis products to Cabo San Lucas last week. We took a little road trip up to Todos Santos a day to check out all sorts of art, so naturally that was the main day of intoxication -- my eyes were so glossed over like 8 hours from a few hundred mg of chocolate mint and peanut butter&pretzel -- by far my most intense and best edible experience yet. I made it a point to really stuff myself with as much as other food as possible. A completely full digestive tract really helps; I can't emphasize this enough to get the most out of your edibles. The high even kinda raised up to a new level during and right after our next meal, even though I didn't eat additional THC.

I shared the chocolate mint with 2 young 20something girls in our group. I broke off a chunk of not more than 50mg for each of them, (both regular smokers but female and petite) and it was almost too much. They enjoyed it, but they were pretty damn faded.

The vape pen also made the trip, although they are underwhelming compared to edibles or dabbing imo. No actual plant product obviously, no glass, no resin, no lighters -- just some food in a big zip-lock bag with other food and snacks. And the pen and a charger in a pouch with phone charger / travel adapter / assorted crap.

I wouldn't advise rolling the same dice I did -- just sharing cannabis stories~