+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    can't speak for anyone else but persoanlly, I hate being high around people who aren't high. it's awkward and uncomfortable. it's not that I'm against their sobriety, it's just that someone who's really baked is on a different wavelength from someone who's sober, and conversations can get really difficult.

that's just me though.
    That's where contact highs come into play though, it's not supposed to be from second hand smoke necessarily but from being around someone that is high and you get on the same wavelength as them.

From Wiki

Contact high is a phenomenon that sometimes occurs in people and animals who come into contact with someone who is under the influence of drugs. It involves a supposed transfer of the psychological state of highness. This is often attributed to things such as stale latent cannabis smoke and transcutaneous transfer of psychoactive chemicals.[citation needed] However, this may be better explained by the subconscious picking up on the user's "vibe" and sociological factors.[citation needed] A glossary of drug users' language from the 1970s describes the term as "a psychogenic “trip” without taking drugs by being close to somebody while he is on drugs. It is incorrect to use it for the high obtained by inhaling the smoke of other marijuana smokers."[1]
    Although since it has citations needed in there thats probably stuff people added on their own opinion. So it's just what i've head not what i've experienced.

The Flying Scotsman
    BG Level

It's not just you. I don't hate being around people who aren't high/don't get high when I'm high, but I'd totally rather be around other people who are high or like to get high.

It's also a thing of who you want to know that you smoke. Everyone who knows I smoke weed either is/was a stoner themselves, or are totally in favor but not had the opportunity presented to them.

People like to talk. Your co-conspirators are less likely to talk about it to the wrong people than someone who isn't part of the group.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yes that also, my group only smokes with those that smoke as well, as some of them prefer that it is not information that everyone knows.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Thuronn View Post
    What kind type of weed are you smoking where you crash?

That doesn't sound like weed at all.
    By crash I mean get tired and lazy, which happens to me a lot when I smoke weed. Spice isn't supposed to do that. I'm not sure what you think I meant by crash.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

i smoke with a good friend, and my girlfriend mainly. I have another friend that is usually with us, we offer for him to smoke and occasionally he will, but most of the time he'll just go to bed when we start.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

What kind type of weed are you smoking where you crash?

That doesn't sound like weed at all.
    Indicas and Sativas are totally different highs.

Indicas almost always make me crash, make things feel amazing, real bad couch lock, and I typically cant keep my eyes open enough to see them in the mirror. I'd even say I have some motor issues when I'm really fucking high.

Sativas on the other hand, I have no problem keeping my eyes open. I'm usually pretty alert. Everything feels the same but I can think/talk about shit much easier. No motor issues.

Indicas I knock out the second I hit my pillow. Sativas I stay up looking out my window thinking about how stars move across the night sky and I'm really seeing the earth turning. Dont know if this is the same for everyone, just saying, there is def. weed that make me crash.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Thank you Dr. Weed, I never ever ever knew those things.

Crashing and getting sleepy are now the same thing?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Shit effects people differently. I have a friend who smokes what ever I have and goes straight to bed.

I wont lie, I didn't read the context of that post and assumed crash means sleep, or at least thats whats said here. lol. Smoke → sleep on any indica. I hate em.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Thank you Dr. Weed, I never ever ever knew those things.

Crashing and getting sleepy are now the same thing?
    Vernacular changes pretty drastically across the US, though I'm still not sure what you consider crashing. Like if I say "I'm going to go crash." I mean I'm going to go lay down in my bed and watch TV until I pass out. I'm not talking about coming down.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=crash
    1.to sleep 2. to stay at someone elses house for the night

Not like urban dictionary is an authority or anything though.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

I have a question for you guys. I just met this guy and he smokes when we're at his place and always offers for me to smoke. Should I offer to give him a couple bucks for it or whatever? Seems like it's expensive.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Lbelle View Post
    I have a question for you guys. I just met this guy and he smokes when we're at his place and always offers for me to smoke. Should I offer to give him a couple bucks for it or whatever? Seems like it's expensive.
    Stoners are generous sorts of people, don't worry about it. You can offer to order the requisite pizza if you feel bad

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Depends on how much is smoked. Usually just buying a $5 pizza from little sleezers is more than enough. Marijuana is meant to be shared.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Back in the day when I first started smoking, it was with this guy I worked at the mall with. After work we'd go over to his house, make sandwiches, blaze one and watch tivoed episodes of the simpsons. I was feeling bad about it one day and I asked one of the guys at work if I should pay him and he goes "Jonsie would smoke that whether you are there or not. He's just glad for the company." I turned into the same way. I'd rather share and hang out with someone, then be really high by myself (most the time).

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by Senoska View Post
    Depends on how much is smoked. Usually just buying a $5 pizza from little sleezers is more than enough. Marijuana is meant to be shared.
    well I dont know how much he's smoking cause I don't know anything about weed. Sometimes he smokes in a big bong thingy and other times he smokes out of this little pipe looking thing which Im guessing uses less. I like the idea of getting him something in return tho instead of just blatantly giving him $. Thanks BGStoners.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by ferigor View Post
    "Jonsie would smoke that whether you are there or not. He's just glad for the company."
    ^ This. It'd be different if you popped in, smoked something, then booked it. Plus, he knows he's not obligated to smoke with you, but, like most potheads, enjoys sharing his bud with whoever is hanging out. It's pot karma. Somewhere down the line he might be thinking "damn, I can't find shit." Then someone shows up and packs a bowl and all is good with the world.

Giving cash to heads that are straight consumers is a lil' weird to me too. If I'm out of bud and I know my buddy is gonna' smoke something when I head over there, I'll usually grab him some 2 liter cokes and some chips or w/e just to show I appreciate it. Even if he smokes $100 worth of pot with ya, the simple gesture of even bringing a pack of M&Ms is usually more than enough.

Edit: It goes without saying, munches are always a perfect gift for someone tokin' with ya.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

My friends and I take turns buying the bag and we all smoke it together. I tend to be generous with my food when i am with them, on Saturday I bought Beef Jerky and Strawberries to eat while we were doing it, and I would periodically give them a strawberry or a small piece of jerky. When you're high, food is definitely worth more than anything.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Have never wanted someone to pay me a few bucks when I share my weed. Like that quote said, I'd be smoking it anyway, why not spread the love?

My friends pay me to smoke my hookah shit though, because that costs a lot and disappears a lot quicker than weed, and it's still a better deal than any hookah cafe.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

If you make it a regular thing, start bringing snacks or dinner or.. anything really lol, as long as you're appreciative.

I dont mind smoking people out the first few times they smoke with me, but if they're just coming there to smoke for free I'll stop.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

i don't have a prob with someone smoking for free either, usually me and a friend half our sacks, whoever else smokes is free since its no more than 2 regulars who we both know well.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Also, I think a pack of lighters would be a pretty wicked gift. Maybe put a little bow on it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast