+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Senoska View Post
    How do you guys deal with munchies? I get them so fucking bad. I've put on like 5 pounds since I started smoking pretty hardcore.
    Gum helps for a little bit.

Then you find yourself in the kitchen making food anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanr View Post
    portability i guess... kiro whats the deal on those volcano vapor thingys?
    They're goddamn expensive is the deal. $600 for a Volcano I think it is? Honestly, if you have the money to drop on one.. do it. Goddamn efficient way to smoke weed. You can even keep the bud afterward for cannabutter or w/e else.

On the topic of papers. I've recently started using these: http://rollingpaperwarehouse.com/ind...ROD&ProdID=413

White Owls otherwise. Swisher Sweets if I'm broke lol.

Certified Enhancement Shaman
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meph Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Ivaden View Post
    Then you find yourself in the kitchen making food anyway.
    QFT

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

dont know if this would be allowed here, but im curious, since i just moved to a new town, if we could ahve a thread on where to get bud >.>, maybe people to talk to, or whatnot

Ok, question time. There's a lot of myths and shit out there about this I guess, but I did have a few things I've always wondered about.

A) If you're driving home with your stash, where is the best place to keep it? Trunk, glove box, in your crotch, and why?

B) If the police pull you over for a traffic violation, can you say no to vehicle searches? I assume this varies state by state but yeah. If you say no and the officer says "well we'll call the k-9 unit" is this usually an empty threat, or do they actually do this and make you wait?

C) There's no actual way to "fool" a canine unit, right?

When I was in college I used to hate driving home most of all, it would freak me the fuck out lol. I can be a little high-strung and that would just put me over the edge...

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I can only really answer #2, but yes you have the right to deny a vehicle search. And yes, saying they'll call the K9 unit is scare tactics to gauge your reaction and whether or not you change your mind about the search.

Also, I think you may be able to fool a search dog if you bury your stash in a full can of coffee grounds or something lol.

A) Trunk of your car or behind one of those little plastic sidings on the passenger side where your feet usually go. Sometimes they pop right off and you can just wedge it in there and close the side up.

B) Not sure on this one, but I'm pretty sure you can say no if they're just pulling you over for a traffic violation. Don't quote me on that though.

C) I dunno lol. Unless you have a hidden compartment underneath the car near the tank or some shit, doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivaden View Post
    I can only really answer #2, but yes you have the right to deny a vehicle search. And yes, saying they'll call the K9 unit is scare tactics to gauge your reaction and whether or not you change your mind about the search.

Also, I think you may be able to fool a search dog if you bury your stash in a full can of coffee grounds or something lol.
    I thought the coffee grounds thing is a myth, isn't it?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Senoska View Post
    How do you guys deal with munchies? I get them so fucking bad. I've put on like 5 pounds since I started smoking pretty hardcore.
    Although I'm a fairly new toker (about 2 months), I have had degrees of success with various methods. Here are some of the ways I combat munchies and its consequences (Just skim the bolded text for the tl;dr version):

A. Healthy food! I love keeping banana's, boiled eggs, apples, unbuttered popcorn, and other things like that around the house. I usually have a set amount I will allow myself to eat a day, then I just ration it throughout the night Avoid absent-minded munching by taking SMALL portions to wherever you plan to eat it. It's terrifyingly easy to eat obscene amounts of food when you keep multiple servings of delicious food in arms reach.

B. Exercise! I love yoga and weight-training routines. I focus on muscle rather than cardio because I've found it to be the most effective when it comes to fat loss and weight management. To make the most of your effort, incorporate convenient sources of protein (like eggs) into your stock of munchies.

C. Plan ahead! I used to be a slave to munchies, when I was still new and my tolerance was low. At that time, I had accepted munching on snacks as an unavoidable weed activity. Because of this, I would set my eating schedule around smoking. If I planned to smoke that day, I would eat less during the day (no mid-morning snack, lighter lunch, etc.).

Those three things are what enabled me to continue my habit while managing to lose weight as well (the weight I gained from starting). If weight loss isn't your goal, then feel free to pick and choose. In my opinion, exercise is the most important thing anyone can do to combat the effect of munchies. It's irreplaceable imho.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
    I thought the coffee grounds thing is a myth, isn't it?
    Not real sure, but I've never been told otherwise really. My uncle used to be a K9 officer that trained the dogs though or something, had a briefcase of all kinds of goodies. I could maybe ask my mom, I'm sure they talked about it at some time.

I'm gonna take this opportunity to advertise for those in the Seattle and surrounding areas. If you're new to the area or just don't have any contacts.. PM me! :3~

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

seattle does not help me ; ;, im need shreveport >.>

If it isn't grown in LA you're gettin' your shit from BC / PNW (Northern Cali anyway, enjoy your Mexican shit SoCal). Doesn't hurt to have a contact up in this area, lol.

Tagus

lolbongs... volcano vaporizer or bust!!

Don't lolbongs. Not everyone can afford a Vaporizer. Bongs still do a great job and they're dirt cheap compared to the $100+ vapes out there.

Tagus

Quote Originally Posted by Kiro View Post
    Don't lolbongs. Not everyone can afford a Vaporizer. Bongs still do a great job and they're dirt cheap compared to the $100+ vapes out there.
    It's true, bongs/bowls will always be the go-to. If you ever get the inclination though, those vaporizers hit you like a jap punch!

Bongs & Pipes will always be the easiest way to get lit real quick just because of how easy they are to load. With a Vape you gotta wait for it to heat up those trichomes. Joints & Blunts take a bit to roll depending on the person.

With a wet/dry pipe you can just pinch it into the bowl and voila, prepare to blastoff.

Tagus

I'm glad to find this topic actually, cause I've had a question for a while now that I don't really have anyone reliable to ask. The potheads I know don't really know or care, & I don't feel comfortable asking my co-workers or non-smoking friends.

Question is, do people have a better idea nowadays of how long a single night of smoking will take to clear the system for a piss test?

I don't smoke anymore tbh. Even the good stuff makes me severely anti-social and paranoid if I'm out of my house, and I've got random drug testing at work once every couple years, so I figured screw it. But it was great back in the day and I've got a lot of friends around me lately going back to it... and it would be cool at the start of a week off or something to hit it again and know how long it would be there.

A single night of smoking with no prior smoking for months? I think it's 10 days. Frequent smokers I think it's 3 weeks.

Tagus

Quote Originally Posted by Kiro View Post
    A single night of smoking with no prior smoking for months? I think it's 10 days. Frequent smokers I think it's 3 weeks.
    Yeah, my situation would be no smoking for months... maybe over a year even. Thanks for the info! I've always heard frequent smokers were 4ish weeks and a single night would last as little as 3 days (due to the cumulative nature of it and what-not), but 10 sounds more realistic. I know I've passed a test 14 days after a single night before, but that's a long time to mess around with. You get older and you have to schedule it with your RL! Fucking lame.