1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 49 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 10 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 7 hours, 49 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 2 hours, 10 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Map of Eorzea     submit to reddit submit to twitter

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Daggerspine

Quote Originally Posted by Zubis View Post
    Is it only me who's bothered by the fact that you seem to be able to get to 50 in one single area? Sure, La Noscea is freaking huge but there's nothing to motivate you to meet people from other cities until later. There's no hubs like Valkurm Dunes, Qufim, Yuhtunga Jungle etc, where you started meeting new people.

Yes, I'm well aware of that you could replace Valkurm with Buburimu for example but people only did that at the early stages of the game's lifetime.
    It's tough to say - I've been in betas before where the spawn tables/mob progression was different from final release.

S-E is obviously a big fan of focused testing (dumping a pile of content in one place for testing) so maybe on launch day we'll see completely different zone flow

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Part of me believes (or wants to believe) that the mobs we see in the beta are just thrown there for the sake of testing. Theres no reason whatsoever that you should be able to get hit for 3 times your HP by walking south of the starter area. I think they're just showing us some mobs that will be available in the game is all. I saw a few monsters in Alpha that I didn't see in Beta and vice versa (Sabotenders and Boars were nowhere to be found in Beta).

Who is to say they cant be scaled? Look what they did with Cedarwood/Bald Knoll/Bloodshore going from Alpha to Beta. Right now its set up so we can hit cap in the single region allowed for testing. I don't think they would seriously let us do half the grind in the same region unless they're completely content starved at retail.

Realistically, I see these camps in La Noscea being scaled to every 5. Same thing with nodes in other starter regions:

Camp Beaded Rock - 5
    Camp Skull Valley - 10
    Cedarwood - 10 or 15
    Bloodshore - 15 or 20
    Camp Baldknoll - 15 or 20

By level 20 its time to get the fuck out of the region and venture into the unknown. Which kinda makes sense? Right? With proper mob placement, this is how I see things going forward.

Just my 2 cents. ;o

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I hope you're right Kuro, but you could actually fight Sabotendars in beta doing a leve in Cedarwood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    I saw a few monsters in Alpha that I didn't see in Beta and vice versa (Sabotenders and Boars were nowhere to be found in Beta).

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I agree with Kurokikaze. I really doubt there will be such a wide variety of levels in mobs in the starting areas. They need to have a lot of low level areas for people levelling multiple classes and surely there will be more players per starter city than the beta Limsa Lominsas have.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by Zubis View Post
    I hope you're right Kuro, but you could actually fight Sabotendars in beta doing a leve in Cedarwood.
    Yeah, I know that. I meant just roaming around.. in Alpha the Sabotenders were just north of Bald Knoll. I could not find them anywhere but that single leve in Beta. lol

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Part of me believes (or wants to believe) that the mobs we see in the beta are just thrown there for the sake of testing. Theres no reason whatsoever that you should be able to get hit for 3 times your HP by walking south of the starter area. I think they're just showing us some mobs that will be available in the game is all. I saw a few monsters in Alpha that I didn't see in Beta and vice versa (Sabotenders and Boars were nowhere to be found in Beta).

Who is to say they cant be scaled? Look what they did with Cedarwood/Bald Knoll/Bloodshore going from Alpha to Beta. Right now its set up so we can hit cap in the single region allowed for testing. I don't think they would seriously let us do half the grind in the same region unless they're completely content starved at retail.

Realistically, I see these camps in La Noscea being scaled to every 5. Same thing with nodes in other starter regions:

Camp Beaded Rock - 5
    Camp Skull Valley - 10
    Cedarwood - 10 or 15
    Bloodshore - 15 or 20
    Camp Baldknoll - 15 or 20

By level 20 its time to get the fuck out of the region and venture into the unknown. Which kinda makes sense? Right? With proper mob placement, this is how I see things going forward.

Just my 2 cents. ;o
    While I agree in principal, where does that leave Moraby Bay, South Bloodshore, Isle of Umbra, and the other nodes I'm forgetting about?

Those 5 place you named are only about a 1/3 of the La Norsca area, but are spread out over most of the map.

New Odin
    BG Level

Since you can get only 3 leves per node (iirc), I guess they could make multiple nodes overlap with each other?

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by meonline View Post
    While I agree in principal, where does that leave Moraby Bay, South Bloodshore, Isle of Umbra, and the other nodes I'm forgetting about?

Those 5 place you named are only about a 1/3 of the La Norsca area, but are spread out over most of the map.
    Notice how those nodes you can port to from certain camps? I think its safe to assume they will be close in level range and just have some different leves or quests/mission related stuff.

Maybe I'm just being too optimistic. :O

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Notice how those nodes you can port to from certain camps? I think its safe to assume they will be close in level range and just have some different leves or quests/mission related stuff.

Maybe I'm just being too optimistic. :O
    It could be.

I really can't see the reason for them to have the same crabs (Snippers) on the beaches near south Bloodshore and the node at Moraby Bay if they are just there as placeholders. South Bloodshore was linked to Bloodshore, and Moraby Bay was linked to Bearded Rock.

Who knows.

The beta has been down for 12 hours and we are already mindlessly speculating

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Its fun isn't it?! lol

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Well could be we get really high levels too... like Lv 100 physical + class levels.. or more! I've played a few mmo's that have levels/ranks above 100 (waayyyy beyond Lv100 infact)

Going to take someone awhile to get like what 10-12 or however many classes to Lv 100 at the rate it was going anyway...

and speaking of wow blocking content area's.. they do it with invisible walls now, and if you get past that , the invisible "fall through the floor" death traps or game crashing objects will probably stop you... and put you back where your supposed to be after you die.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Phase 3 should start in different zone. I hate that zone now and I only played for maybe 15 hours total

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

I'm up in the air if I'm gonna start in LL or not, I really would like to start in another zone, but the Maurderer and Blacksmith guilds are there :/

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I'm also on the fence regarding LL. A lot of people won't be starting there because of beta, so theoretically, it'll be emptier, and less competitive, which is nice in the short run. Then again, starting in the most populated city might be advantageous in the long run.

Design-wise, all three appeal to me.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Randomly... just looking at the size of the world and how far we were able to go... I hope chocobo's go decently fast, the area's look so massive it looks like it could take an hour(s) just to go from 1 city to the next walking >.>

Not to mention all the possibly deadly aggroing stuff wondering around in higher level areas

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yeah, I guess this map is pretty decent. Seems slightly on the small size though, but I guess thats what expansions are for.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Well think about how long it took to go from Bastok to Windurst... not including a boat ride time.

If you're low level avoiding aggro, it'll probably take an hour or so IIRC.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm gonna go with the school of thought of "SE's cramming content into one area to test levels 1-30 out".

They could easily scale the camps by halving the level diff between each one. The amount of grinding needed to 'graduate' from one leve area to the next might be a bit steep for the more casual players. Plus it would spread people out across the entire region moreso than we've seen in the beta so far. Let's face it, so far only about 10% of the entire available area has been crowded and the rest is completely emptied of players. At least, that's been my experience on shadowlord.

Other than that, I think they said they were planning on a cap of 50 for initial release, but I could just be imagining it. If they are, my guess is they'll want us to migrate out by level 20-25ish.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    Yeah, I guess this map is pretty decent. Seems slightly on the small size though, but I guess thats what expansions are for.
    didn't they say it would be smaller then vanilla Vanadiel?

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    didn't they say it would be smaller then vanilla Vanadiel?
    Same size, but afaik the XI vanilla wasn't that impressive either. No icelands were available for example, iirc.