1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 20 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 19 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 14 hours, 20 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Map of Eorzea     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Map of Eorzea

Original Post
    Spoiler: show
    A friend and I were talking about the world map today and I was trying to get a feel for the land, so I started marking down the place names in English. I was hoping that someone would be able to correct any of my mistakes and figure out the places I couldn't get.

From what I can see, there are two names West/NorthWest of Ishgard, one south of Sharlavan, one SouthEast of Doerthas, two SouthWest of Mor Dhol, and two South of Ul'dah.

http://imgur.com/BkULW.jpg

I was able to make out the remaining places on the map. The place to the west of Aldenard appears to be "The Farreach", south of that is "Agalatia's Spine" (Spine is probably correct, but the first part is a guess). The river south of Ishgard is the "White Maiden" Southwest of Mor Dhol appears to be "Carteneav Flats" and "Dinderfoot River", also both best guesses at what the missing letters are. South of Ul'dah is "Cape Caedwind".

Here's a link to the map from the official FFXIV website that I used to get the place names, in the event that someone else wants to take a look at the names.

Put the map in spoiler tags this time because it's too big for my monitor.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Ishgard, the new Jeuno.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Arximiro View Post
    Ishgard, the new Jeuno.
    The concept is much cooler this time IMO, a city on the mountains...

I guess we'll have maybe 4-5 regions available initially? La Noscea, The Black Shroud, Thanalan, Doerthas and Mor Dhol to link the 4 regions together.

Xelphatol, O'ghomoro and Paglth'an could be released in the first/second 'real' update and Dravania/Gyn Abania after that (which would conclude the vanilla story as we would get to visit Ala Mhigo).

At that point I could see them announcing the first expansion.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Is it only me who's bothered by the fact that you seem to be able to get to 50 in one single area? Sure, La Noscea is freaking huge but there's nothing to motivate you to meet people from other cities until later. There's no hubs like Valkurm Dunes, Qufim, Yuhtunga Jungle etc, where you started meeting new people.

Yes, I'm well aware of that you could replace Valkurm with Buburimu for example but people only did that at the early stages of the game's lifetime.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

which areas does the beta covers so far?

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva View Post
    which areas does the beta covers so far?
    La Noscea.

Is it only me who's bothered by the fact that you seem to be able to get to 50 in one single area? Sure, La Noscea is freaking huge but there's nothing to motivate you to meet people from other cities until later. There's no hubs like Valkurm Dunes, Qufim, Yuhtunga Jungle etc, where you started meeting new people.
    How do you know? :D

Although I could see them do that to ease the congestion. Possibly divide the people between 3 starter regions and 2 other regions.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    The concept is much cooler this time IMO, a city on the mountains...

I guess we'll have maybe 4-5 regions available initially? La Noscea, The Black Shroud, Thanalan, Doerthas and Mor Dhol to link the 4 regions together.

Xelphatol, O'ghomoro and Paglth'an could be released in the first/second 'real' update and Dravania/Gyn Abania after that (which would conclude the vanilla story as we would get to visit Ala Mhigo).

At that point I could see them announcing the first expansion.
    Ever think maybe it's like that to allow people to get to the higher levels for testing without releasing other areas?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Zubis View Post

Yes, I'm well aware of that you could replace Valkurm with Buburimu for example but people only did that at the early stages of the game's lifetime.
    I would think that people will be encouraged to travel to other cites by the game in various ways. I'm sure the storyline will send to there (like the early City missions in FFXI), and the Leve NPC does say that handing in rewards gives better results if you hand in leves from other Adventurers Guilds, so that implies swapping cities every two days for leves will be encouraged.

Also, assuming mobs don't change much, (and assuming no globally linked AH at release), you may have to travel to other cities starter zones to get decent access to the full range of shard/crystal types for crafting etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinzfeldt View Post
    Ever think maybe it's like that to allow people to get to the higher levels for testing without releasing other areas?
    They have areas with mobs that are much too high for the cap during testing, which makes no sense if the mobs are only there for testing purposes.

Of the 9 or so "nodes" we have access to, half of them have very high level mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by meonline View Post
    Also, assuming mobs don't change much, (and assuming no globally linked AH at release), you may have to travel to other cities starter zones to get decent access to the full range of shard/crystal types for crafting etc.
    Or to find training at the various guilds. At there's the question of mob-linked materials (e.g. Dhalmel Leather vs Sheep Leather availability)

New Odin
    BG Level

Afaik Northern La Noscea is locked right now as well. I could see there being some higher level content.

I wouldn't draw any conclusions from the beta though, who knows what they'll do at this point >_>

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

"Silvertear Falls"

I wonder if that's the massive waterfall at the end of the E3 09 trailer and benchmark results screen. It's got to be because they wouldn't name a different waterfall on the map and leave the big one out.

We've seen nothing of Ishgard and barely anything of Gridania and Ul'dah, I wonder if they will release anything at Gamescom. They really need to start showing off the other areas to market the game. Gridania looks like a good place to be with its central location and proximity to Ishgard.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by meonline View Post
    They have areas with mobs that are much too high for the cap during testing, which makes no sense if the mobs are only there for testing purposes.

Of the 9 or so "nodes" we have access to, half of them have very high level mobs.
    Maybe it's like how blizzard used infernals to block areas in WoW beta unless you mean passive mobs..

New Odin
    BG Level

I've only seen one blurry concept pic of Ishgard from last year's Gamescom, there's no snow or anything but it still looked great. I think there was a zeppeline in the pic too.

If Mor Dhol is the area in E3 trailer it's gonna be spectacular... Hopefully it won't be too far off the CGI quality.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Maybe it's like how blizzard used infernals to block areas in WoW beta unless you mean passive mobs..
    They're not blocking anything.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

There are passive mobs that hit level 25 people for almost double your available HP pool if you attacked them.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Arximiro View Post
    Ishgard, the new Jeuno.
    IF so like FFXI I expect it to be in the first major update after release heh. Yes, the absurdly high level monsters mixed in with low are to see player habits and etc etc during beta. For example Ahriman aren't beach dwelling monsters.

Man, I just absolutely love how some of these location names seem like they were made up on the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
    Man, I just absolutely love how some of these location names seem like they were made up on the spot.
    To expect them not to be seems like folly to me. The game -is- created from scratch.

New Odin
    BG Level

Nothing strikes to me as bad as Aht Urhgan did in that map.

Just your normal JP's trying to make English sounding names deal.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    I've only seen one blurry concept pic of Ishgard from last year's Gamescom, there's no snow or anything but it still looked great. I think there was a zeppeline in the pic too.

If Mor Dhol is the area in E3 trailer it's gonna be spectacular... Hopefully it won't be too far off the CGI quality.
    Would you know where to find that pic?

I'm looking forward to seeing how the area looks in-game, hopefully a lot of it will be interactive and not just eye candy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast