Thread: The BG Food Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Road Tinnies
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The BG Food Thread

Hey All,

Did a quick search and found no specific thread for food or food items, just multiple single threads with new burgers , favourite snacks and other random stuff.

I have a question myself but i figured why not make a thread where all the stuff can be kept in one location.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Iv started watching Man v. Food alot lately and in some of the challenges he does its for the hottest wings or hottest dish etc.

Im looking to get some Ghost Chili (Bhut Jolokia) extract, like the one you would often see in the show if anyone watches it. From viewing the show it seems most places use this very dark almost black oil as the extract. The only stuff i can find is from the http://store.firehousepantrystore.com for a puree. It states this is the closest thing you can get to extract.

Just curious if anyone has ordered from there or even tried it? I quite like hot/spicey food and the hotter the better. Im often asking my local Indian to make me the hottest thing they can, more recently after picking it up from Man v. Food they made me a Phaal curry which was hot but i want to go hotter.

Anyways thanks for any info or maybe some warnings to stay away from this stuff?

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

buy some capsaicin and eat it like pop rocks
    http://www.hotsauce.com/16-Million-P...rystals2.0.htm

http://www.hotsauce.com/Mad-Dog-357-...pecial-set.htm

This thing made me hurt and puke taking just a spoon full. I thought I was gonna die.

The bullet it has unscrews and becomes a tiny tiny tiny tiny ladel of how much you should use per serving. It's the approriate amount lol.

1 of Mad Dog 357 Hot Sauce Silver Collector's Edition w/ Bullet, 5oz.

Road Tinnies

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Had to google that there had no idea what it was..

Very interesting... Presumably though that isnt safe for human consumption right? I have visions of Walter from BB whipping me up some of that and me smoking it through a crack pipe.

Seeing as the ghost chili is the hottest pepper in the world technically you could manufacture something hotter?

edit: just seeing those links now... Id look like a meth addict haha... Funny stuff...

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Mad Dog is some hot shit, got used for pranks all the time on my dorm, til some guy forgot to wash his hands before taking a piss. you could hear his scream 2 floors away

Had these mexicans that cleaned my dad's office. Well they brought in their dinner and had opened the mini fridge and found some mad dogs, put it on their food like it was regular hot sauce. We got a call saying there was an ambulance at his office. I lol'd when I found out about it.

Road Tinnies

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Wow haha.... Thats scary funny. I wonder if constantly eating stuff this hot is bad or will ultimately result in a ulcer or something.

I think ill order from hotsauce.com as they ship to Ireland. I was really looking for pure extract but i guess the hotsauce will do for now. Girlfriend has taken up a new addiction to Franks a quick subsitute should make things very fun.

green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

why not just order off amazon? http://www.amazon.com/Daves-Ghost-Pe...1015422&sr=8-2

They have a lot of different sauces. A few weeks ago there was a big BBQ competition in my area and a few stands selling hot sauce and rubs. Any sauce that contains capsicum as an ingredient is going to extremely hot.

Road Tinnies

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Thanks for the Amazon suggestion. No idea they did this sort of stuff.

Using the Amazon.co.uk website i found a seller in the UK. Shipping on hotsauce.com was $40.00 alone, fuck that. Shipping from the UK website is only 2.99 tyvm!

Mad Dog 357 Hot Sauce Silver Collector's Edition w/ Bullet, 5oz. is on its way!

Lol good luck and enjoy, just start with one dab from the tiny ladle.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

If spicy food is your thing (like mine), find a decent Thai place. Green Curry + Thai Spicy = do you require medical assistance?

For most people anyway.

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

http://firegirl.com/1331-02.html 7 million Scovilles

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Merona View Post
    If spicy food is your thing (like mine), find a decent Thai place. Green Curry + Thai Spicy = do you require medical assistance?

For most people anyway.
    most of the thai food in states is still too weak for me.

You can try to blend 6-8 dry chilis (from asian store) with onion some chili paste bought from asian store and alittle soy sauce and tomato sauce. Fry them for a while, then mix with veges to eat.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I went to this Thai place here with my brother like a year ago because we both love spicy food. It takes a ridiculous kind of hot to make me not eat something spicy. I forgot what we ordered, but we told the waiter we wanted the hottest thing they had, and after trying to convince us for about 5min to try something else he gave up. came back later with our dishes and just watched us for a little bit. I'm not even kidding dude, after 2 bites my face was flushed, my nose and eyes were leaking, I was sweating like crazy. the fucking waiter was just horse laughing at us. After nursing it down for like an hour we finally finished, and for like a week every time I took a shit my asshole would fucking burn like someone took a flamethrower to it or something.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Am I the only one who doesn't understand the point of super spicy food? The spice itself is normally not that great tasting, so why ruin good food putting mediocre tasting spice on it, just to give it some heat? It's like people covering their food with a shit-ton of salt. Or maybe it's some kind of masochistic food fetish.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Some people just may like spicy. Kinda like how someone likes steak sauce, everyone in my family tells me I ruin it with that, but it's so fucking good.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I would love to eat more spicy food, but i'm a pussy when it comes to it as it makes my head sweat and i start itching really bad. Lol.

Buying food online just seems odd to me as you'll never get the true flavor of it. Anyways if you ever have the chance to come to Vancouver, BC Canada. Our city has restaurants that create the best ethnic food outside of their own country. Won't find any better takoyaki outside of Osaka. Poutine's & Montreal Smoked meat sammiches that even the Montreal HA would kill for. Fresh King Crab cooked HK style will blow your mind.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't understand the point of super spicy food? The spice itself is normally not that great tasting, so why ruin good food putting mediocre tasting spice on it, just to give it some heat? It's like people covering their food with a shit-ton of salt. Or maybe it's some kind of masochistic food fetish.
    Some food taste good with hot spice. But yea, not every food go along with hot spice. Usually I will only eat it with spicy if the food goes along with it, like curry, steam fish and etcs....

Quote Originally Posted by Merona View Post

For most people anyway.
    Spicy Thai food really isn't the kind of spicy that makes your mouth get all fucked up. With all the coconut milk they use it's a weird kind of.. sweet & spicy sensation. ALWAYS get 5-star Thai. Alwaaaaaays.

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

Your body builds a tolerance to capsaicin over time, so "obscenely hot" to one person could be "moderate" to another.
    Quote Originally Posted by OWS_Tonx View Post
    Some people just may like spicy. Kinda like how someone likes steak sauce, everyone in my family tells me I ruin it with that, but it's so fucking good.
    Ugh. Steak sauce is great... on burgers. Choice/prime steaks should be eaten rare with salt and pepper. Maybe a pan sauce.