+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

tell me what you know about mushrooms!

so many marijuana topics, how about some muchrooms?

so I will be trying mushrooms for the first time soon hopefully, a friend i'll be eating them with has done them before, but doesn't really know anything about them.

my question is for someone doing it for the first time, what is a good amount to consume?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rui Seiken
    FFXIV Server
    Jenova
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

but seriously though, mushrooms are too far. lol

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Gurubashi

Yellow ones make Mario bigger. Green ones give extra lives.

Ksandra Needs To Post Tits
    BG Level

Eat a 1/16th or an 1/8th if you have some experience with hallucinogens. Other than that, have fun. It's definitely worth trying once or twice. Expect to have your mind blown open.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Jaregue View Post
    so I will be trying mushrooms for the first time soon hopefully, a friend i'll be eating them with has done them before, but doesn't really know anything about them.?
    Not only is your friend pretty stupid, but you seem to be stupider. Shit's just plain retarded to do.

Do some meth first to pregame for the mushrooms, if you can get some PCP then even better. You need that to dampen your system for the shrooms. Make sure to leave a lot of knives around in the open so just in case while you're hitting the shrooms or afterwards if you feel the need to swordfight you don't have to waste time actually looking for that shit. Let me tell you, trying to remember where you hid the butcher knife while high is a pain in the ASS man.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

i heard drinking bleach gives a great high too try it

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dense Fever
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Don't listen to these WUMs.

As with all hallucinogens, be cautious with intake and create as perfect a setting/environment as possible.

Cautious means, if you don't feel anything, wait longer and have a maximum limit that you will not surpass, determined beforehand. Personally, I would suggest merely a handful of caps and stems, as there are different levels of the trip, and you definitely do not want to supercede your ability to maintain control on your first trip.
    Environment is extremely important when you are first trying things like mushrooms or LSD, as any small interruption or paranoia can completely alter the experience. Try to find a location or setting where you are certain not to be disturbed, and try not to have any time-killing entertainment options that will draw attention to you. This includes: loud music, anything with fire (unless you are in a very remote area with a bonfire - in which case that is probably the BEST setting, imo, as long as you have someone mildly sober around to mind the fire), any very public places, etc.

Expect to come to terms with things about yourself that you may not want to come to terms with. Expect to look at your friend much differently than you have before.

The experience brings out a great amount of analysis, so things that are nice to have around would be good artwork, great music, etc.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Shit now I wanna try some

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Get about an eighth if you want the full effect, I highly recommend you eat them with chips or funyuns and don't do it too often. If you want to get high just smoke weed. My friends and I usually each buy an eighth for halloween each year, can't wait for this year.

I heard the caps were what makes you trip out mostly and the stems are what make you feel awesome.

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

It's all psylocybin, why would different parts have different effects? Grow your own, shit can be done on like $30 worth of Walmart supplies.

And lol @ comparing psychedelics to meth and PCP.

and the traveler
    BG Level

as Dense said, environment is extremely important, especially for the first time. try to have a friend come as a trip sitter in case shit goes out of control- in my experience nothing has ever happened, but that doesn't mean it can't. try to chill in an isolated place, or somewhere where you feel very comfortable. it can make or break the trip

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Don't do it alone, and don't do it with people you're not okay with. 2-3 grams of assorted stems and caps is a decent dose, depending on strength. If they're dry and powdery take 3, if not less. Shrooms make you nauseous as fuck so try not to throw up and most importantly don't freak out if you do; it's not unusual to vomit on shrooms, you're not ODing and you're not going to die. Also, try not to freak out if you feel lost in eternity. For example, tiles, carpets, upholstery, wallpaper, basically things with patterns, will trip you the fuck out and distract you with hallucinations for what feels like a long time, then you look up and see 5 minutes has gone by if you can see straight enough to read a clock, and all sorts of nasty paranoid delusions can take hold.

aduidarnenye

I did mushrooms once. I was in northern Britain. My boyfriend at the time and I went for a walk on the moors and picked some lovely little mushrooms. He made tea with them. There were many, many pretty colours after that. Never did them again since, but mostly due to lack of opprotunity.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The environment thing is slightly overrated in regards to shrooms, I ate them a lot in college and the last part of HS and I never once had a issue, scare of bad trip, and that was doing them a few times a week for years. Now if you're talking acid, then yes definitely check your friends and environment, I have had 2 bad trips but was nothing that deterred me.

But yeah if you are apprehensive about anything, try a 16th and hit some booze, you will be mellow and everything will seem fuzzy and soft. I was on some bullshit college shit back then and used to rehydrate mine in goldschlager and then do shots on an empty stomach, maaaan I went hard and have no idea how the hell I did that for so long. I mean, not trying to glorify anything but just be prepared and relax and enjoy the experience. Also, do not drive because oncoming headlights have a tendency to look like something soft and springy, which is trouble waiting to happen.

I made a post a few years ago where someone ask the same question, let me see if I can find it because I was in a talkative mood that day and wrote a impromptu guide to getting bent. I haven't dont that in a loooooong time, but Ive prob done enough to last a lifetime, how Im still sane is beyond me.

Wow, all this talk about perfect environment would make me paranoid that the environment will not be good enough and create a bad trip.

Be cheerful and hang out with cheerful people and you'll be fine.

Also, if it doesn't kick in right away, try smoke some weed, it always kicks it in for me.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Yeah, anyone comparing shrooms to hard drugs in this thread clearly hasn't tried them. It's symptomatic of that "all drugs are bad!" mindset that people use to talk about how evil/destructive weed supposedly is.

Beyond the hallucinations (which are extremely mild in my experience, really just enhanced colors and the occasional pattern, nothing crazy), the really interesting aspect of shrooms is that they allow you to take a fresh look at everything around you. It's kind of like being an alien and viewing the world without the usual preconceived notions or assumptions.

For me, they've been a great thing. I tend to get very introspective and have grown a great deal from being able to honestly evaluate myself and gain insight as to what makes me tick. Putting it more simply, shrooms helped me understand why other people like sports, and I finally realized that the brand name Coppertone comes from the "copper tone" you get while using it, haha...

Shrooms won't hurt you unless you try to grow your own and screw it up, or if you try to do some stupid shit like drive while on them. They're not addictive, and they can really open your eyes to things you've never noticed before.

Quote Originally Posted by Milks View Post
    but seriously though, mushrooms are too far. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by OWS_Tonx View Post
    Not only is your friend pretty stupid, but you seem to be stupider. Shit's just plain retarded to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Do some meth first to pregame for the mushrooms, if you can get some PCP then even better. You need that to dampen your system for the shrooms. Make sure to leave a lot of knives around in the open so just in case while you're hitting the shrooms or afterwards if you feel the need to swordfight you don't have to waste time actually looking for that shit. Let me tell you, trying to remember where you hid the butcher knife while high is a pain in the ASS man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubedoe View Post
    i heard drinking bleach gives a great high too try it
    lol, ignorance is fun

On topic, I would check out some of the better online resources about the drug. You should always be educated on whatever you are putting into your body and what the effects will/should be, and this obviously holds true for shrooms. http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms.shtml comes to mind for places to do some research. Tons of info out there though.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Reznuh
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

if you really want to take them, be in a good mood. if you're in a bad mood for whatever reason cancel the mission and try again a happier day.

and haha @ the mario reply

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast