+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: DOTA 2: Thanks volvo     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I loved the reaction gif. It's basically Valve announcing Dota 2 and not showing literally anything and then finally giving us a trailer after god knows how long.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

yeah, i mean ill give it a shot, but i never played original dota but like twice, so i dont know the champs so i guess thats why. it really didnt show anything but being very generic which could be any moba

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

i want to ban you for saying moba. i really do.

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Same. I never played DotA, so I'm not seeing any nostalgia. And, still, so much of me has been jaded towards prerendered trailers that don't show gameplay.

Will it be good? Valve. Will it unseat LoL? Very good chance of it.

Does either of that have anything to do with the trailer? Nope.

Edit: tempted to spam "MOBA" for twenty lines, but I know you'd ban me for it.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

you must not be very good then? the only class that has legit just as good on default is the spy
    Scattergun, Pistol, Rocket Launcher, Shotgun, Flamethrower, Stickybomb Launcher, Grape Soda Launcher, Sasha, Shotgun again, Wrench, Sniper Rifle, Machine Gun, Kukri, Knife, Invis Watch.. all good weapons (and over half of the loadout slots). I should include all the achievment weapons as well, since they're pretty damn easy to get.

On topic though.. I agree with the non-nostalgia crew since I never got into DoTA. However I like valve so I predict this game will be awesome, might have to give it a try.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

It's gonna play exactly the same as every other AoS/DotA/MOBA/whatever the fuck you wanna call it and therefore I don't give a damn about it. Because none of them realize they don't have to stay constricted to bad RTS controls just because the genre was established within those engines. Trailer was okay to build some hype, but it's far from "good" since it doesn't show a damn thing other than appeasing to some nostalgia with the characters. It's just a generic CGI teaser.

Anyway, they're taking beta sign ups now here: http://www.dota2.com/tournaments/international/
    Signed up myself even know I'm sure it won't be much more than a slightly more polished version of the original, I'll at least give it a shot before I write it off completely.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

it's either your taste or it isnt, you'll find out really quickly.

Scattergun, Pistol, Rocket Launcher, Shotgun, Flamethrower, Stickybomb Launcher, Grape Soda Launcher, Sasha, Shotgun again, Wrench, Sniper Rifle, Machine Gun, Kukri, Knife, Invis Watch.. all good weapons (and over half of the loadout slots). I should include all the achievment weapons as well, since they're pretty damn easy to get.
    the winger is a better pistol, black box is better, degreaser is better, if you have any skill at sniper bazaar bargain is much better, brass beast/tomislav is MUCH better.

good try though.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm terrible at these games but I signed up anyways. Just so I can get invited and vandole wont.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    I'm terrible at these games but I signed up anyways. Just so I can get invited and vandole wont.
    you're the third person that has said this

Blackice

Signed up. Unlike the rest of you fucks, I hope Dole gets an invite.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

DoTA is like the perfect team PvP game. Limited healing = awesome, fast-paced PvP combat. If you seriously haven't ever played a DoTA game stop fucking posting and download HoN and play it. When someone says you suck, realize you suck and take their advice. It isn't for people who think they are good at everything they touch because you have to be able to take criticism but the game is so good once you get it.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Is HoN's community anything like LoL's? Because then I don't think you'll be getting much constructive criticism.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Is HoN's community anything like LoL's? Because then I don't think you'll be getting much constructive criticism.
    Pretty sure it's worse. I don't think there's a DotA game out there that has anything but a shitstain of a community unfortunately.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Played Hon beta, got ass kicked, elitists everywhere. Going to be the same for this too but I'll give it a shot. Not gonna touch LoL either.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk View Post
    When someone says you suck, realize you suck and take their advice.
    I'm all about constructive criticism myself although I rarely give advice to others since they WILL take it poorly and rage. Also it's like we're not playing the same games because all I see is noobs calling noobs noobs. And more often than I'd like to see, the ones getting called that are better than the loudmouths.

Still is a fun game, and ragers always make up for good entertainment.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Well I'm of the opinion people should just focus on their own gameplay and try to improve rather than complaining about their team, no matter how bad they're doing. It's true though, the majority will blame their team before they look at what they could have done better, and without a doubt there is room for improvement for everyone.

I find the argument about DoTA games having bad communities to be especially annoying though. It's like people somehow forget that any team game will breed the same 'my team sucks, not me' mentality.

LazyShell
    BG Level

There is just something about moba games that brings out the worst in people. I've never met angrier people than the ones I've seen when I played a lot of HoN and DotA.

Quote Originally Posted by geno View Post
    There is just something about moba games that brings out the worst in people. I've never met angrier people than the ones I've seen when I played a lot of HoN and DotA.
    I have to agree with geno. DotA will bring out the asshole in you.

tol

its because teamwork is apparently hard for 99% of the population

LazyShell
    BG Level

I think that's true to an extent, but there are plenty of team-oriented FPS and RTS games I've seen where the base level of anger just does not even come close to dota games. I mean, when teamwork fails in other games there is annoyance and disappointment, often cursing and yelling, but rarely that raw visceral contempt, lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast