+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 82 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 LastLast

Thread: DOTA 2: Thanks volvo     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Eagerly awaiting the ppd statement about how paiN was not qualifying for the TI8 main event anyway so they should have just done the quals on US-East.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

og vs eg series was incredible

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It's so hard to push high ground ever since TI4 that even if you dominate a game as thoroughly as Sumail did you can still lose just because the other team has better scaling.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Tiny is literally throwing games. First RTZ vs OG, now Reso vs Secret.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

this is aging well

@Peterpandam

2016-06-25 19:58 +00:00

@7ckngMadDOTA feel free to put together another one of your shit teams and come lose in the NA qualifier next year.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The best aged ones are all the salty paiN fans who thought paiN wouldn't finish dead last and would do better than ppd/optic.

And to be fair, 7ckingbad hasn't ever done well at a TI and OG looked straight up terrible before the makeover. Like, I don't think they would have made it through the quals. n0tail back to support and 7ckingbad to offlane was for the best, just like how EG is doing so much better with an actual sacrificial 5 player in Fly. They might be really mad about how Fly and s4 left but it clearly was better for both teams.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

mostly agree. i'm still surprised at how good seb is in the offlane. really consistent glue guy it feels like.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The Prince will not be denied. fy the magician.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Honestly the only way teams keep losing to OG is they get into buyback fights while pushing in OG's base, then OG makes stuff happen in the chaos.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

i can't even believe these games

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

seb was such a monster on axe. i thought they were completely screwed after that laning phase

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yeah the Axe is the only reason the game went long enough for the PL/Invoker to be relevant, but OG's win condition is always heroes that make late game chaos with PL and Spectre

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

On a fundamental level I think OG's line-up is better (Magnus ult is more game altering than Lasso, Ember can take down TB illusions, Zeus is a ton of de-push and teamfight, Rubick is great against a lot of LGD's heroes) but the ES has been game-winning every time it gets through the bans.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

i'm in disbelief still

just a complete cinderella story

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Comeback gold just makes it so easy to sit back and rely on one big game changing ult (RP) to supercharge your late game line-up. Exact reason why I said that Mag ult was more important this game than Lasso.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    On a fundamental level I think OG's line-up is better (Magnus ult is more game altering than Lasso, Ember can take down TB illusions, Zeus is a ton of de-push and teamfight, Rubick is great against a lot of LGD's heroes) but the ES has been game-winning every time it gets through the bans.
    i was really surprised at how good the mag was, because i felt like global should've been shutting down each and every relevant teamfight. but merlini was right in that forcing smaller skirmishes was the way to get around that.

honestly after they lost the laning phase so hard i'm surprised they won. but that's pretty much been the story of every series they've played in UB so far, right? comeback after comeback after comeback.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    Comeback gold just makes it so easy to sit back and rely on one big game changing ult (RP) to supercharge your late game line-up. Exact reason why I said that Mag ult was more important this game than Lasso.
    yeah batrider was pitifully low impact. i thought the eul's was insanely good btw. he got out of like 3 or 4 major jams with that thing. i feel really happy for ana in that he was basically booted after last TI and came back last minute to win this one. and not just that i think he's probably proven to be a legendary carry after all his performances during TI8. a far cry from when reddit was shitting on him for being the weak link in OG, last year.

also i don't really care for seb, but he really impressed me in the offlane role. just really provided a lot of stability throughout.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I think right now the meta is so fundamentally favored towards late game that it's foolish to draft around anything else. Even if you crush the opponents while laning, there are too many defender advantages now to be able to push high ground early with that lead (vs. a pro level team at least). Just sit back in the base with your big game-changing ults and wait for one big fight where the enemy's gold advantage works against them and your super-core instantly comes online.

We're still feeling the effects of everyone hating how Newbee won TI4 on deathball pushes basically.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

yeah i think we've seen that traditionally lane dominating teams like eg/liquid/vp weren't always able to parlay early dominance into locking up the game.

i was honestly surprised they let OG draft spectre/PL so often, and i was curious how OG was gonna do with ember, as i only saw them play it during qualifiers.

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Just happened to catch the last two TI matches when popped up on youtube home page, but they were pretty crazy.

Any other match ups worth going back to check out?