Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What points tracking system do you use for your LS?

Our LS does lotting based on the event (attend sea, get sea points, attend abyssea get abyssea points), so total DKP systems don't really work well.

Do people have recommendations for programs/applications that allow you to separate points based on events?

Currently I keep spreadsheets for attendance based on event, and it would be nice to have a localized online area where members could see their stats/info at any given time.

I know people have been doing this since before raptor jesus, but I'm a bit behind on the times and it's time to update the system.

My ideal system would:
    Keep track of player, jobs, recent attendance statistics (by event and total), and points by event (and total), as well as items received.

Edit: Disclaimer to prevent derailing: I could give a fuck if you don't like points. I'm looking for input on people that do use/track points/attendance and online member management.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Completely legit inquiry, but I somehow feel like we've been down this road before and I sense this thread spiraling points vs. /point debate that ultimately gets nowhere.

However, in order to try and stay on topic, I do know Teletubbies on Cerberus has a comprehensive point tracking system that works well for them, though I couldn't tell you much about it. Perhaps if one of their members sees this they could give more detail.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Hm thought there was a thread just like this recently,

My ideal system would:
    Keep track of player, jobs, recent attendance statistics (by event and total), and points by event (and total), as well as items received.
    This is very similar to how my LS works now.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

http://images04.olx.in/ui/4/81/58/12...dance-Card.jpg

Now for serious reply. I personally thought that keeping track of points for each type of event seperately is the best way to go. Unfortunately it raises an issue when person will not need anything from that particular event and they stop showing up, followed by your numbers dwindling for that particular event.

We just used a different DKP for each event that we wanted. One for dynamis, limbus, sky, sea, HNM, etc. Not really that much work, but maybe that system stan is making might have something? I haven't used it so i wouldn't know XD

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Klaatu View Post
    Unfortunately it raises an issue when person will not need anything from that particular event and they stop showing up, followed by your numbers dwindling for that particular event.
    This would be the reason I would personally be against that type of system. It works well in some events such as Einherjar or Dynamis since there are lots of potential rewards but events like Sea, random Sky runs, various HNMs, and other activities it doesn't work as well. The universal point system (or even /point system) reward people for going to events from which they need nothing.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post
    We just used a different DKP for each event that we wanted. One for dynamis, limbus, sky, sea, HNM, etc. Not really that much work, but maybe that system stan is making might have something? I haven't used it so i wouldn't know XD
    So far from what I've seen from the public test, I do know it lets you set points/values per event.. but I haven't input anything so I'm not sure if it actually separates it or if you can customize it do so.

PM Stanislav on here or Guildwork if you want to ask him. That's about the best advice I can give. Otherwise start tracking stuff manually.. =/

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

We have a complex formula to determine our "critical item list". Rules include points, attendance, time waiting on item & job priority. Each member is allowed to pick 3 "crit item's". Points are given per event or per 30min, depending on event.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Using more than 1 DKP database isn't that difficult, that's what we always did.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Klaatu View Post
    Now for serious reply. I personally thought that keeping track of points for each type of event seperately is the best way to go. Unfortunately it raises an issue when person will not need anything from that particular event and they stop showing up, followed by your numbers dwindling for that particular event.
    The bigger problem is the points accrued for the dead events become dead in themselves, and therefore valueless. If you offer incentives to swap points to another event at a fixed rate (like 3:1 ratio) then you can ensure points always have some kind of relative value. You can also allow members to withdraw/rent items from a bank for a certain amount of points from any pool, including dead point pools. Another idea is to use an EPGP (Effort Points/Gear Points) system, where dead points can be transferred into EP when an event phases out.

Quote Originally Posted by vagus View Post
    We have a complex formula to determine our "critical item list". Rules include points, attendance, time waiting on item & job priority. Each member is allowed to pick 3 "crit item's". Points are given per event or per 30min, depending on event.
    Sounds like a modified wishlist system with loot council.

Now for the OP:
    Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra View Post
    Our LS does lotting based on the event (attend sea, get sea points, attend abyssea get abyssea points), so total DKP systems don't really work well.
    Actually, what you're looking for a multipool DKP. Guildwork supports this, and so do most of the pre-made guild hosting sites, or eqdkp plus(which I use). Original DKP (dead project now) did not afaik, but there was a plugin that is probably broken now. (as an aside, I recommend researching ZeroSum DKP format)

The way it works if you set up pools of events. For example, make a point pool called "Dynamis" then add all the Dynamis events into that pool. Players only earn Dynamis points for doing those events. Similarly you can make pools for Limbus, Ground HNMs, etc. Each pool is shown in its own column on the DKP so members can find their points easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra View Post
    My ideal system would:
    All the above systems will cater to what you need. Statistics are almost always built into the config and usually you can select what way to display them (pie charts, bar graphs, line graphs, etc.)

Hope this helps!

edit: DKP system are sorta my thing so if there's other concerns, PM me. I hardly ever read this section, but I'll track this thread for a bit.

Guildwork would allow you to do everything you mentioned, the catch is that you need to make a custom system. If you are not a programmer then this might be a little tough, although there have been a few non-programmers who have developed their own Guildwork systems. You can always find someone in your linkshell who knows JavaScript to do it for you. A Guildwork system takes about 15-20min to make assuming you know how your system works and how Guildwork works.

Since Guildwork is still in development phase, I am completely open to help anyone trying to make their own system (assuming they are not COMPLETELY clueless because there is no hope there).

The other choice will be to just have multiple DKP for one guild and use Simple DKP for each one, however this has not be added to Guildwork yet, but will be very soon.

~TLDR

In a custom Guildwork system you can setup as many points as you want such as "dynamis_current", "einherjar_current", then when a raid is added, the type of the raid is checked and the proper "current" is incremented. And of course the same can be done with attendance.

-- EDIT --

The character roster for showing jobs/crafts is not done but will be in a week or two.

-- DISCLAIMER --

Custom systems on Guildwork are free till we are out of beta (till November/December). For future pricing see: http://gwdev.lighthouseapp.com/proje...uildwork-sites

I like how so many people completely misunderstand a simple question, or maybe just fail to read it at all. At least the last 3 responses made sense.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Michelob View Post
    This would be the reason I would personally be against that type of system. It works well in some events such as Einherjar or Dynamis since there are lots of potential rewards but events like Sea, random Sky runs, various HNMs, and other activities it doesn't work as well. The universal point system (or even /point system) reward people for going to events from which they need nothing.
    Universal point system also rewards people for doing events that could garner a better point/time ratio and pad their points in other events that do not generate as good a point/time ratio.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Universal point system also rewards people for doing events that could garner a better point/time ratio and pad their points in other events that do not generate as good a point/time ratio.
    If said events do offer a better point:time ratio then that means attendance is probably more crucial at that event (Einherjar comes to mind). If the person is only doing the point-heavy events then they won't beat out the lots of people that are showing up to more events in general anyways, so I see no problem with what you said at all.

Stan and others already covered it, but guildwork can do this. In fact, it would be incredibly easy to do.

I don't quite run the system you do, but we do use a custom point system that is unlike a standard DKP model. I also used to run things via excel sheets. I was able to successfully import over 2 years worth of raids into guildwork and edit the site with the proper code to make it operate identical to what we use on a day-to-day basis.

Also - I'm below average when it comes to coding. Stan had to hold my hand quite a few times, but I finally got the hang of things. Once you learn the basics, it is incredibly easy to use. I would be surprised if there was something guildwork couldn't do.

You can take a look at our system http://apocalypse.guildwork.com/dkp
    I also highly recommend you take stan up on his offer and ask him questions to get started. He might talk over your head quite a bit, but he really cares about taking the time to make guildwork work for everyone.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

If you are already comfortable using a spreadsheet format, why not just move to Google Docs then give everyone in your LS access to view the document (and update permissions for your sacks as you wish.)

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

http://glowstickninjas.guildwork.com/dkp/#/overview/

this is what I use, seems to do the trick

We use a custom weighted ranking system so points don't have a face value (which allows monopolisation); it's kind of like merit points how you increase ranks in abilities/stats, and the merit cost of the upgrade increases as the rank increases.

Increase ranks in items, and the cost of the next rank increases by 1 each time. However, points gain remains the same steady flow (based on attendance). This means maintaining high ranks in multiple items is more difficult and stops mass monopolisation from high attenders.

Highest rank when an item drops lots.

Worked well for us for the past two years

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

Quote Originally Posted by Dazusu View Post
    We use a custom weighted ranking system so points don't have a face value (which allows monopolisation); it's kind of like merit points how you increase ranks in abilities/stats, and the merit cost of the upgrade increases as the rank increases.

Increase ranks in items, and the cost of the next rank increases by 1 each time. However, points gain remains the same steady flow (based on attendance). This means maintaining high ranks in multiple items is more difficult and stops mass monopolisation from high attenders.

Highest rank when an item drops lots.

Worked well for us for the past two years
    can you give a more detailed example? this sounds interesting

I think people misunderstood my question.

1. How do you do lotting/points for your LS -> Not what I'm asking.

2. How do you keep track of your points/etc (what database do you use) -> What I'm asking.

Google docs, Guildwork, and multiple DKP systems were good suggestions, thank you. And thank you to the people that send PMs.