1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 31 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 28 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -4 hours, -29 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 13 hours, 28 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Recipe List - Phase 3     submit to reddit submit to twitter

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Bronze Barbut for Armorer:

1 Copper Plate
    1 Bronze Plate
    1 Copper Rivets
    1 Sheep Leather
    5 Earth Shards
    3 Wind Shards

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Uldum

Maybe its just me but it seems to be alot harder to level blacksmithing in Beta 3 than it was in the previous build. I seem to be chain breaking synths with little to no skill ups.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Hellscream
    Quote Originally Posted by Arliman View Post
    Maybe its just me but it seems to be alot harder to level blacksmithing in Beta 3 than it was in the previous build. I seem to be chain breaking synths with little to no skill ups.
    Yeah it's harder... I pay for the guild use for extra benifit... also seeing how I can't get Fire Crystals I've been doing Needless or Fish hooks buying nuggets... Generally it's a bit harder, but closer to other ones; and it's more costly crystal/shard wise as well.

Interesting HQ -- BTW HQ was Low Quality / Low Durability -- No Idea why HQ

Brass Needle
    (HQ) - +8 Stats resistant, +8 Elemental Risistant *** very interesting HQ Result and gives a clue into crafting.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Aw snap! I found a cheap way to level cooking!

Grilled Carp
    NQ:Grilled Carp
    HQ:Grilled Carp +1
    Min HQ Quality: ???
    Crystals: 1 fire shard
    Material:
    Table Salt - can be bought at the Culinary guild for like 12g each
    Maiden Carp - can be bought at the fish shop around the Aetheryte in LL for 3g each

The only conclusion I've yet to make about this is if food actually does anything to your stats. So far, no evidence ;_;

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Bronze Chain Coif
    NQ: Bronze Chain Coif
    HQ: ???
    Crystals: 8x Earth Shard
    Material
    2x Bronze Chain
    1x Sheep Leather Strap
    1x Brass Buckle

Brass Rivets
    NQ: Brass Rivets
    Crystals:
    5x Wind Shard
    3x Fire Shard
    Material:
    2x Brass Nuggett

both armorer recipes, coif from leve, rivets i attempted and failed at lvl 2

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Updated all above...

Also has anyone had any type of axe on their local leves?

Edit- I found a decent number of recipes for Carpenter and Tanner on the Official Beta forums that I don't know if they are accurate if someone leveling those classes could check out.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Where can you buy ore for synthing, and can an armorer synth ore/nuggets for skillups?

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Where can you buy ore for synthing, and can an armorer synth ore/nuggets for skillups?
    I can't remember the name of the place, but it's the ally with all the NPCs for crafting. There is a galka that talks about Ul'Dah(sp?) and sells all types of ore.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

East or West hawkers. Those NPCs sell ores now, for some reason they moved it out of the guilds.

Not sure about armorer. Need to make plates, more likely. But BS can still skillup on ore, if you can find the crystals.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Vimes View Post
    East or West hawkers. Those NPCs sell ores now, for some reason they moved it out of the guilds.

Not sure about armorer. Need to make plates, more likely. But BS can still skillup on ore, if you can find the crystals.
    Plates are sold from an NPC if you walk out of the BS guild pointing towards the markets. The NPC should be the Right most NPC if you have the BS guild to you back and market to the front.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonystar View Post
    I can't remember the name of the place, but it's the ally with all the NPCs for crafting. There is a galka that talks about Ul'Dah(sp?) and sells all types of ore.
    Fantastic. Many thanks - now I have something to do when I get back online. This 48 hour leve respawn is for the pits. There's like no other way to get gear than through trading what you currently have with other people or trolling the ward.

I'm not trying to hit 28 Lancer again in a fucking dress.

Little Mother
    BG Level

Anyone found a recipe that involves branches (besides Arrowwood?). Skill ups are shit, even when you actually manage to successfully craft, and paying 500g a piece for Lauan Logs is going to break the bank, so I need a cheaper alternative.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Btw post here your crafts.
    http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96955

Going help a lot phase 3 knowing who has what craft.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBreeze View Post
    Anyone found a recipe that involves branches (besides Arrowwood?). Skill ups are shit, even when you actually manage to successfully craft, and paying 500g a piece for Lauan Logs is going to break the bank, so I need a cheaper alternative.
    Have you tried local leves to save money? Been getting 1k+ skill ups from and helps save money since you don't use your own mats.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I failed every local leve I tried (2 for armorer), and this is from a guy that had 17BS and 12WW in phase 2. I run by Bearded Rock and hear nothing but the sound of shattering crystals and the message "XXX botched the synthesis!"

I think they overtuned crafting just a bit. I don't think it was that easy to level crafts in P2, just tedious, and P3 has done nothing to address that tedium but make for faster botched synths and lower skill gains.

I literally blew up a synth yesterday with 3 standard fails in a row. Somehow the shit crit failed twice, lol.

Little Mother
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonystar View Post
    Have you tried local leves to save money? Been getting 1k+ skill ups from and helps save money since you don't use your own mats.
    I did all 4 of them. I completely failed three of them (several times taking a ~30 durability hit with like 10% to go) and out of like the 14 synths combined for all of them I got a whopping 1400 XP, which got me level 2 Carpenter. I only had one Carpentry skill up on one success, everything else was just normal XP or nothing.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

I failed every local leve I tried (2 for armorer), and this is from a guy that had 17BS and 12WW in phase 2. I run by Bearded Rock and hear nothing but the sound of shattering crystals and the message "XXX botched the synthesis!"

I think they overtuned crafting just a bit. I don't think it was that easy to level crafts in P2, just tedious, and P3 has done nothing to address that tedium but make for faster botched synths and lower skill gains.

I literally blew up a synth yesterday with 3 standard fails in a row. Somehow the shit crit failed twice, lol.
    Yeah I had an issue with a BS one that it was having me make Iron Ingots at level 8 >_>;;; Would have been nice if I completed though ;/ x4 Iron Ingots...

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

First of all I was reliably able to make Honey and Table Salt with level 6 cooking level 3 alchemy, still hard for that level, but a few tries did it.

Some more recipes a ls mate and I found out this morning and last night:

Raisins
    NQ:Raisins (forgot to write down the number produced)
    Crystals: 1 Ice Shard
    Material:Lowland Grapes (bought from cook guild shop)

The important thing is, with making raisins, you can fully make the "Frumenty" recipe from the guild leve by buying all the other ingredients at shops around LL.
    I haven't got the chance to make Frumenty yet, but I plan to try once I get some more gil for mats.

Next - more cooking (lol tl;dr post)
    Boiled Egg
    NQ: Boiled Egg
    Crystals: 1 fire shard
    Material:1 chicken egg, 1 mineral water
    where you buy the chicken eggs? I didn't write that down ;_;

Olive Oil
    NQ:Olive Oil
    Crystals: had a friend confirm this but haven't tried it so don't know the shard
    Material: 4 C. Olives

Orange Juice
    NQ:Orange Juice
    Crystals: 1 lightning shard
    Material:4 oranges
    Reports from my LS say it restores 23-50hp when you drink it

Okay two more cooking recipes and I'm done, I swear.

Sea Sand
    1 scallop or 1 finger shrimp
    2 wind shards or 1 wind shard for the shrimp
    scallop was much harder to do than the shrimp, so maybe more shards used = higher difficulty?

River Sand
    1 Maiden Carp
    1 wind shard

My conclusions about the sand recipes are that you can take any "saltwater or freshwater fare" and grind it into some kind of sand. What that sand is used for is still a mystery. That's all for now!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

Something tells me by the time you get high enough to acturrly have a chance of completting some of the local leves they will start giving you higher level ones instead

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Galkaeater View Post
    Something tells me by the time you get high enough to acturrly have a chance of completting some of the local leves they will start giving you higher level ones instead
    From what I can tell if you are 1-4 rank, you get Rank 5 recommended. 5-9 rank is recommended Rank 10. I'm @10 now, but I can't get a new leve atm. Next time I assume it will be 10-14 recommended Rank 15.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kargath

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast