1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 54 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 5 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 13 hours, 54 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 20 hours, 5 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Recipe List - Phase 3     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

A lot of those are from Phase 2. I was watching that site though.

how are people getting crystals? I got enough ingredients to get goldsmith to lvl 20 probably but cant find any crystals.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

just get lucky i guess, only got 4 fire crystals so far from about an hour farming fireflies

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Probably from higher level mobs. I'd assume it has like 1 2 and 3 tiers of rarity per mob. This could vary in quantity and/or quality

Back in Alpha you'd get like 10 crystals for completing a local leve, do you still get those? That was back before shards existed though, so everything was a crystal. That was like 80 crystals of various assortments though every leve period. Also keep in mind plenty of people will be selling crystals, and like anthonystar said, there's a good chance higher level monsters drop crystals, and the highest drop clusters.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ashley Weiss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Stormreaver

Anyone found a recipe that involves branches (besides Arrowwood?). Skill ups are shit, even when you actually manage to successfully craft, and paying 500g a piece for Lauan Logs is going to break the bank, so I need a cheaper alternative.
    You really should take up Botany. You'll be raking in Logs and Branches very quickly to skill up on. You want Oak and Willow to start with anyhow I think. As for branches, Maple Branch and Growth Formula A make the level 7 Conjurer weapon. Pine Branch and some junk for a 22 Conjurer weapon.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I did all 4 of them. I completely failed three of them (several times taking a ~30 durability hit with like 10% to go)
    It does look like synthing is a bit too hard right now, but you can still do it; I passed all 3 armorer leves that were available (though one of them was pretty close).

Don't use standard synth. Rapid/Wait until 85-90%, Bold until ~25 durability left or you finish, then rapid again till done. Failing a rapid is only 10ish durability loss, compared to a potential 20-30 for standard. Sometimes you'll still get shitty luck and fail like 6 times in a row (usually when you're taking a leve several levels higher than you), but most of the time this will work. If you fail more than once consecutively, wait a couple turns before trying again.

Quote Originally Posted by qpoiuwer View Post
    Back in Alpha you'd get like 10 crystals for completing a local leve, do you still get those? That was back before shards existed though, so everything was a crystal. That was like 80 crystals of various assortments though every leve period. Also keep in mind plenty of people will be selling crystals, and like anthonystar said, there's a good chance higher level monsters drop crystals, and the highest drop clusters.
    That still happens. I've been doing that to level armorer and got a decent amount of crystals.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Shadowsong

Don't suppose anybody's figured out/seen recipes for Thaumaturge weapons yet? I know I can fix the basic one with Goldsmithing 5, and iirc the Goldsmithing "vendor" in phase 2 sold the higher level Thaum scepters, but I have no idea if that correlates to phase 3.

Little Mother
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by AshTS View Post
    You really should take up Botany. You'll be raking in Logs and Branches very quickly to skill up on. You want Oak and Willow to start with anyhow I think. As for branches, Maple Branch and Growth Formula A make the level 7 Conjurer weapon. Pine Branch and some junk for a 22 Conjurer weapon.
    My Botony is level 10 and I haven't chopped down a single log yet, mostly plums and crow feathers. In all my gathering the only thing I've gotten that I can use in crafting is 5 Arrowwood branches. I have some Maple Branches and Growth Formula but I don't want to try the craft till I'm at a decent level, which is why I'm looking for a cheap way to skill up since all my leves are exhausted and spending 500 gil per craft on Lauan Lumber is breaking the bank, especially when I only succeed 25% of the time and even then I don't always get a skill up, just XP. :/

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ashley Weiss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Stormreaver

I know the feeling, SB. Can try hitting up Retainers for random logs. I had a pretty good success rate at netting Logs (In mulitples as well) in Grade 1 areas. You are clearly high enough to be knocking them down too. If you were on Jecht, I would just be your financer/sugar daddy.

I took Carp to 17 in P2, but obv I had an easier time. The Maple Branch + Formula I was able to do pretty easily at 5. And it should sell since there are no weapons to be found and most CONs are running amok with the level 1 weapon.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Hellscream

I take it there are no longer maple or oak logs for sell anywhere... grumble I really think they are trying to force Cooking / Alchemey / Ect.. down our gullet... I was looking for something affordable to craft Crapentry. If ppl figure out they can sell wood for 300g per and it's still cheaper then buying Lauren Logs.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Blade's Edge

Quite a comprehensive list you've put together, there! I'll be sure to take a closer look at it, later. Thanks!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

only relabile way of getting maple logs is from the leves

Can I make bronze nuggets right away again? It's saying I need a skill in order to do so.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by GavinBandura View Post
    Can I make bronze nuggets right away again? It's saying I need a skill in order to do so.
    You can, I think it's something they are adding later.

ugh botched my first 4 and got no skill ups.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

ugh botched my first 4 and got no skill ups.
    I would recommend starting with something else, they changed the skill level requirements.

Buy bronze nuggets from the BS guild and use those to make 1 nugget synths till at least 5+

Oh right, ok. What's a good synth for smithing from like 1-5? Something I can spam, I guess.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Oh right, ok. What's a good synth for smithing from like 1-5? Something I can spam, I guess.
    Bronze needle, 1 bronze nugget

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

**Few corrections on the Armorer section. 3x Bronze Nuggets make 12x Bronze Squares not plates. Plates are made with 1 ingot.
    All are for Armorer... don't know the skill range, but Bronze Spikes were very easy to craft at 7 skill, much easier than plates.

Bronze Spikes
    NQ: 4x Bronze Spikes
    HQ: ???
    Min HQ Quality: ???
    Crystals:
    5x Wind Shard
    3x Fire Shard
    Material:
    2x Bronze Nugget

Bronze Rivets
    NQ: x32 Bronze Rivets
    Crystals:
    5x Wind Shard
    3x Fire Shard
    Material:
    2x Bronze Nugget

*Tried to craft this at 9, said I should wait 'til I'm more skilled to attempt it
    Bronze Sallet Visor (anyone see this in any recipes?)
    NQ:
    Crystals:
    4x Earth Shard
    4x Wind Shard
    Material:
    2x Bronze Squares (super cheap, can get 12 just from 3 bronze nuggets)

Copper Square
    NQ: x12? Copper Squares
    HQ: x20 Copper Squares
    Min HQ Quality: 241 (maybe lower)
    Crystals:
    6x Earth Shard
    Material:
    3x Copper Nugget

Copper Toes
    NQ: x1 Copper Toes