1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 53 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 6 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 11 hours, 53 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 22 hours, 6 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 147 of 147 FirstFirst ... 97 137 145 146 147
    Karma Whore
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Null View Post
    I'll just wait for the Brady Guide to explain to me what Surplus is. They did a great job of explaining everything to me with FFXI.
    When I bought that, I was expecting to be a fucking bad ass NIN/RDM or NIN/RNG.

Didn't work out so well.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Tidane View Post
    The problem is that clicking through six fucking menus to make a single item is as poor a design decision now as it was when FFXI was made.
    Going through six fucking menus (sic!) isn't that bad, if there wouldn't be horrible lag.

Anyone else find it interesting that the patch just so happened to increase menu speeds? I mean is it a coincidence that the increase menu speeds happen right when the beta is about to go down? The map comes up really quickly now. However, crafting, equipment, and inventory menu transitions are still quite slow.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by natethegreat View Post
    Anyone else find it interesting that the patch just so happened to increase menu speeds? I mean is it a coincidence that the increase menu speeds happen right when the beta is about to go down? The map comes up really quickly now. However, crafting, equipment, and inventory menu transitions are still quite slow.
    Umm... I'd say it's just because there are less people playing now since it's going down and there's less lags, that's why some things might work faster.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

^This... Everything was way faster/responsive when servers just came up as well as when everyone else was stress-testing Shadowlord. It makes worlds of difference on timing that fucking gauge while Mining/Botany/Fishing.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

On a random note, I've updated spell/skill ability listing for several classes up to lv 40 (open beta is to lv 30 isn't it?) that hasn't been listed/found yet?

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=123

the lists may help people decide on what they want to level in the future or something!
    Credit goes to... ffxiv for providing the game files to find it I guess O_o

random note :
    raise and reraise is lv 38 for conj and therm

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

And it sounds like the "reraise" can target anyone...

Also, it looks like your Class Rank might be what determines whether or not Guildleves can yield Guild Marks as rewards, not the actual quest/location/difficulty/etc. I had done the Fishing Leve "Blowfish for the Blowhards" at Skull Valley maybe 3 times with just a gil + crappy rewards starting at like Rank 8 to Rank 11. Now when I looked at it (Rank 14), the reward was ~125 Guild Marks instead of the gil.

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    And it sounds like the "reraise" can target anyone...

Also, it looks like your Class Rank might be what determines whether or not Guildleves can yield Guild Marks as rewards, not the actual quest/location/difficulty/etc. I had done the Fishing Leve "Blowfish for the Blowhards" at Skull Valley maybe 3 times with just a gil + crappy rewards starting at like Rank 8 to Rank 11. Now when I looked at it (Rank 14), the reward was ~125 Guild Marks instead of the gil.
    I was able to get guild marks for Conj. at Rank 12 through a bloodshore leve.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordender View Post
    Just baffles me why they wouldn't of just come clean and explain to potential customers what this was from the start. It's their own fault for letting the speculation go as far as it has leading to pre-order cancellations because of their "ancient japanese secret mentality."
    Me too. They've usually told us what changes and what not. I hope they don't bring back this mentality and this was only exception caused by beta.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Pugilist 10 when I did my first leve for pug points at bloodshore here.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Well, either way, apparently lower-rank leves from other locations are capable of rewarding Guild Marks, possibly via high enough Class Rank, Physical Level, or enough repetition.

Pelvic Thruster
    BG Level

"BlueGartr has no merit to anything, all it is is a bunch of elitist trolls. I've played FFXI for almost 6 years now and I haven't once questioned any of the mechanics in the game enough to try to lose days and days of sleep to try to figure them out."
    - beta forum poster

It seems that the gathering jobs are being set up so that you get better exp/time but worse items and no shards. At least the way the spawn points were in beta.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ashley Weiss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Stormreaver

I agree, and I'm calling it right now; some asshole is going to bring up "it's a part of their culture herpderp!" bullshit.
    I don't think so. They just as mad. (Hope you can translate, even shitty Google translator gets the point across)

http://twitter.com/snpLL/status/22065124935

http://twitter.com/anemone_aug/status/22063576241

http://twitter.com/reffet1227/status/22062787976

http://twitter.com/ecconeko/status/22062513651

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by plue View Post
    I did not try the fishing system myself, but to me it looks like the most boring thing on the planet. In XI you had to at least interact with the fish, here all you do is click random directions and hope for the best?
    It's not all random. May seem so at low skill level because well, you suck at luring fish at that point, so you get less hooks. Just focus on skillups in the beginning (hook = skillup. always.), not so much on reeling fish in.

Don't complain about fishing though, if you haven't done the tutorial fishing leve. Shit is there for a reason.

A lot of fishers (and even the guide on Core) seem to think fishing in XIV is about landing the fishing pole on the random location of the fish (like knocking the fish on the head with the lure/bait...). The tutorial leve says otherwise. The mini-game is more about LURING the fish wherever you want it (best is on the sides, because you then know the direction you will have to go to reel in, since there's only one way to go...). Key here is to hit the same spot repeatedly, to lure the fish. If you change where you cast all the time, yea, you'll suck at fishing and it will seem very random. You're making it more random.

In my experience, Wait > Jig, is the most productive way to lure fish. Wait > Wait > Jig, even with nibbles, seems more counterproductive, even though I did get hooks occasionally. Sometimes Jig without Wait will work if Wait > Jig fails repeatedly.

Got a fish? Cast out at the same spot where you hooked the last one... fish don't swim alone... No hooks for a while? Change depth.

Figure out the rest for yourself.

Once you're rank15+ or so, fishing in Limsa is almost too easy... (10+ chain reels, plenty of shards, etc.).

Hope more people will warm up to the fishing system, because I really enjoyed it, so far.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Mining is pretty ridiculous. Like 5 menus, and you have to adjust a thing and then click some more stuff. Overall, the game needs less menus lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    I don't see how it could not be the way we're supposed to level. Are people honestly thinking SE wants mages to visit aetheryte every 2 minutes and people to solo their way to cap?

You're doing it wrong if you need to go visit every 2mins.