1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 26 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 33 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 9 hours, 26 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 0 hours, 33 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 147 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Tried out some guildleves last night. I picked up all the tutorials, but now I want to go to skull rock and can't exchange any of them. Is this a "can only do a max # per 48 hours" or is the exchange function broken?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Some of the tutorials are for gathering classes only, and can only be started on the appropriate class.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

hmmm did they bork the exchange leve feature? And I thought i heard u can do 8 local and 8 regional per reset period.. but using up 6/8 regional limits u to 2 local and then ur SoL

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    hmmm did they bork the exchange leve feature? And I thought i heard u can do 8 local and 8 regional per reset period.. but using up 6/8 regional limits u to 2 local and then ur SoL
    I did my 8 regionals when the servers went up yesterday, and picked up 8 locals about 6 hours later, so it worked fine for me.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

all of us crashed at the same time ~_~

Kirb

Yeah, I heard spamming buffs might kind of crash everyone.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by meonline View Post
    I did my 8 regionals when the servers went up yesterday, and picked up 8 locals about 6 hours later, so it worked fine for me.
    I am pretty sure I can get locals... but I can not exchange regionals... I seem to remember you could exchange stuff you had done for lower level leves or higher level leves even during the same "period".

--

In general a lot seems to have improved, but a lot seems to be broken as well. Staying in combat and unable to Return while dead is a big one. The general random crash bug is still there.

Miles and Miles before they sleep as they say. They got a LONG way to go before the game is ready for its release in 5 weeks. I'd like to be the owner of the local starbucks near the SE building.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

It's too long between Behest to be a good filler. It's like 30-45 minutes between them.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    It's too long between Behest to be a good filler. It's like 30-45 minutes between them.
    True, but the behests have been buffed up a bit since phase 2.

The Skull Valley one now has a "boss" (a kobold) at the end after you kill the normal mobs. You could easily solo a behest in phase 2, but now the last mob kicks your ass unless your at the top end of the level scale or you have a party going, or lots of people to zerg it down.

New Odin
    BG Level

I'm glad gamescom is coming up... we'll get to hear what they've planned to do until release and a bit after I hope :D

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Where do you get the behests?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

In camps. A yellowjacket npc appears from time to time, he tells you when behest starts and if you want to sign up. You wait for it and it just appears like a normal leve with targets.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

The yellowjacket NPCs have had a name change since phase 2. They still wear the yellow jackets and the red helmets, but they dont all have yellowjacket in their name now.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, I couldn't remember their name now but it's [Camp Name] Battlewarden.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rionel View Post
    Ergh, so many crashing errors. But I'm tryin' to fix it hopefully with driver upgrades.

Magus with his Lalafell beard is amusing.
    Indeed!

Mages aren't really overpowered, they are decent now but being limited by MP is still a real downer. Mages still gain skill more slowly than melees.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk View Post
    Indeed!

Mages aren't really overpowered, they are decent now but being limited by MP is still a real downer. Mages still gain skill more slowly than melees.
    If your in a party doing leves thats not the case. Our initial party yesterday had the thaum leveling so qucikly compared to the rest of us he was a full 2 ranks ahead by the time we finished at rank 11.

Being able to AoE cure and AoE nuke leve mobs gets massive amounts of skill and exp, especially when your doing the 4 and 5 star leves.

The only real downside is that cure/sacrifice seems to pull alot more hate that it has in previous phases.

I'VE CHOSEN A TITLE FOR THE LIKES OF YOU!
    BG Level

I don't understand what happened with Tranquility... maybe they realized people were abusing the Aetherytes too much?

When my sister first did Blizzard I was pretty shocked at how much it was doing... though she's just pure INT + Ice Alignment, haha. I did like 120~ with Red Lotus, she did like 240~ with Blizzard AoE. Pretty crazy.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Anyone else been having this? How the experience points is in yellow.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...surplusexp.jpg

As far as I understand it lower my experience points, just like surplus skill points does, but I have no message or anything about it. It happened when I went back to Marauder for Bloodbath and it hasn't disappeared since regardless of which class I'm on. Surplus atleast disappear when you level another class (low level).

Little Mother
    BG Level

If your in a party doing leves thats not the case. Our initial party yesterday had the thaum leveling so qucikly compared to the rest of us he was a full 2 ranks ahead by the time we finished at rank 11.

Being able to AoE cure and AoE nuke leve mobs gets massive amounts of skill and exp, especially when your doing the 4 and 5 star leves.

The only real downside is that cure/sacrifice seems to pull alot more hate that it has in previous phases.
    Any Leve we've done, casting a heal will get you instantly killed, so you really don't level very fast as a corpse Even if your group has a mob to 10% and you're not even on the screen, let alone in range, if you run up and cast a heal you'll instantly get threat, it's fucking RETARDED.

Quote Originally Posted by Zubis View Post
    Anyone else been having this? How the experience points is in yellow.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...surplusexp.jpg

As far as I understand it lower my experience points, just like surplus skill points does, but I have no message or anything about it. It happened when I went back to Marauder for Bloodbath and it hasn't disappeared since regardless of which class I'm on. Surplus atleast disappear when you level another class (low level).
    Had that since about 10 Conjurer / 12 Physical, 8 levels later I still have it :/

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

AoE and 4-5 stars? Yeah that didn't happen because they would have been dead before they could cast enough. Even so, you aren't guaranteed skill and they still take longer to cast/more stamina so you end up on average having a chance at less skill than a melee class who is able to use their 1 skill and TP skill with little stamina cost and almost no cast times. It's just a matter of time, the melees will have more opportunities for skill points than mages, that simple.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 147 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast