1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 20 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 12 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -3 hours, -40 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 147 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I noticed that while you can get your camera further away with mouse, when I go back to gamepad and try to turn camera with it it zooms back to certain default range. :<

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I really hope they implement some way to recover MP soon! Not doing so is the most idiotic thing. It's like trying to reinvent the wheel by only removing key components.

Kristenn's Kat
    BG Level

Anyone have a sense of how fishing works? Or spear fishing? Can you do it at any point near water like in xi, or do you have to go looking for little bubbles of fish or something. Slower/faster than the other crafts in 14? Is there a mini-game w/ music like in XI, or is it... i dunno. Any info on fishing? I'm eager to learn more about that if anyone's played around with it.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I have a hard time understanding what you even need to use the mouse for in the first place.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

What's the lower level range of doability for the 20 leves? (blood rock or whatever) @14 pug right now

Pelvic Thruster
    BG Level

You can probably solo them 1 star at 14.

I don't like how exp is now. You can either exploit the system by cycling leves in a small party (or having someone bring a leve bitch alt) or you can level at 1/20th the speed and hit a brick wall the moment your 8 leves are done. Overlapping leves so multiple people can complete them at once is infinitely counterproductive. There are 5-10 people begging for leves at both Bearded Rock and Skull Valley. It's sad. I don't see myself logging in anymore other than to do some leves every two days. There's nothing more to test or comment on til bugs are fixed. Just needed my evening QQ. Carry on.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zubis View Post
    I have a hard time understanding what you even need to use the mouse for in the first place.
    I find it easier to target my intended npc/mob with a mouse, rather than wildly tabbing through whatever bullshit might happen to be in my LoS. In addition, I like to play in first-person sometimes, and the current fp controls are a trainwreck without using the mouse to left-click and drag the camera.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Yoli View Post
    Anyone have a sense of how fishing works? Or spear fishing? Can you do it at any point near water like in xi, or do you have to go looking for little bubbles of fish or something. Slower/faster than the other crafts in 14? Is there a mini-game w/ music like in XI, or is it... i dunno. Any info on fishing? I'm eager to learn more about that if anyone's played around with it.
    Not a fucking clue. I get a rod/lugworm, and fish. You can wait, or jig. Waiting it just a pause followed by "You feel a nibble", if you wait again you get "You feel a bite". Happens 100% of the time for me thus far and I spent like an hour trying to catch something. When you jig, a bouncing ball goes back and forth on a semi circle and you hit X to stop it. I've tried every position under the sun, hitting quick or letting it bounce. No matter what I do, I move the rod to the direction I ended on, reel in, and were 'unable to catch anything'.

Meanwhile the dude next to me is reeling shit in like crazy and won't answer any questions I threw out there. So fuck if I know.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cureslime View Post
    I don't like how exp is now. You can either exploit the system by cycling leves in a small party (or having someone bring a leve bitch alt) or you can level at 1/20th the speed and hit a brick wall the moment your 8 leves are done. Overlapping leves so multiple people can complete them at once is infinitely counterproductive. There are 5-10 people begging for leves at both Bearded Rock and Skull Valley. It's sad. I don't see myself logging in anymore other than to do some leves every two days. There's nothing more to test or comment on til bugs are fixed. Just needed my evening QQ. Carry on.
    It sounds like you don't like the current guildleve system more than anything.

They gave us the incentive to group this update, next update they have to make us able to do what they intend because with the universal CD we are all locked out of leves for 2 days.

In FFXI you did not have to group until level 10 or so, in FFXIV as it is right now some of us gotta group right away since there must be people smart enough to lead right as they jump in the game, which is simply unrealistic to expect from us. We should be guided, not be the guides. At least for the first 10 levels of the game.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

I made 18MAR/20PHYS tonight and now my skill showing in the main menu is red. My surplus rank is level 10, and to top it all off I am getting 10 skill / 100 surplus now. Almost every fight is this way. I did a guildeve and at the end I got 100 skill 1000 surplus. -_-;; Really annoying.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Yeah I haven't gotten that far yet Anthony, but it's starting to get close. I am lv18 Archer but I've been leveling Marauder and Pugilist so perhaps that has helped? It did in p2.

edit: Is it possible to have more that one LS? I mean for beta.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Orden View Post
    I really hope they implement some way to recover MP soon! Not doing so is the most idiotic thing. It's like trying to reinvent the wheel by only removing key components.
    they wont, if they were gonna change that mechanic they would of alrdy. MP restore stuff gets easier as you lv though. Prolly too late to change that mechanic anyways.. considering all big encounters are most likely tuned around the fact mp is finite unless you invest is ethers.

I don't get the point of surplus.. if they were gonna take it out it would of been removed for this phase. the idea behind it makes no sense (and anti grind mechanics don't make sense for a mmo)

Got mining to lvl 13 today and at the end I would use up my whole remainder almost every swing on a grade 1 spot. Pretty gay.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Where can you check leve timers?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    they wont, if they were gonna change that mechanic they would of alrdy. MP restore stuff gets easier as you lv though. Prolly too late to change that mechanic anyways.. considering all big encounters are most likely tuned around the fact mp is finite unless you invest is ethers.

I don't get the point of surplus.. if they were gonna take it out it would of been removed for this phase. the idea behind it makes no sense (and anti grind mechanics don't make sense for a mmo)
    I'm taking the stance that they are still willing and able to make big changes to the system. Otherwise the retail version will be incredibly bad, compared to competition and compared to FFXI.

Gay-O-Meter Rating
    c=8 c=8 c=8 c=8
    Hard Gay

BG Level

what the shit is with exchangeable leves? i want to do the lvl 20 leves.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Anyone else been having this? How the experience points is in yellow.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...surplusexp.jpg
    Question that might be related: is there a death penalty yet? Maybe surplus exp has someting to do with exp debt.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

Im getting ingots instead of plates from armoreror leves shitsucks

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

edit: Is it possible to have more that one LS? I mean for beta.
    Yes, and a friend said, that he could read the chat from both of his linkshells at once!

/edit: You can be a member of more than one LS, I don't know if you can actually "have" (be founder of) more than one.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hi, i love this board despite NDA you give us non Betas so much inside, thanks!!

I read through countless threads and no one mentioned that there would be unique Quests (i dont mean yellow jackets^^). Does anyone know something?

If Guildleves are the equivalent of "normal Quests" in other MMOs, that would really suck. Can you imagine to play WoW, LOTRO...with only 16 Quests / 2 days thats just ridiculous.

Are there any Group Instances like Stratholme or Scholomance in WoW?
    I liked these types of challanges.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 147 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast