1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 34 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 25 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 3 hours, 34 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 6 hours, 25 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 147 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I've got a GTX 285 and no overheating here, though I play with the same initial settings I had through alpha - no need to view it all pretty till the shit's stabilized, and it'll save me a bit more of the "WOW~!" factor for when the game actually launches.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by shaddix View Post
    I get higher than 30 usually, but it pushes my temps up to 94c, this is on a GTX 460. I tried forcing vsync in nvidia CP to cap it to 30 but it had no effect.
    Palit by any chance?
    http://www.guru3d.com/news/palit-gef...-have-issues-/

Failed Sex Ed
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vimes View Post
    it is evga model. Furmark only hits 89c, so 14 is my new stress test for temps lol.

this is with auto-fan btw, runs ~72% at those temps, which is as high as it will go it seems.

Using my custom fan profile in afterburner, the fan hits 48% in kombustor producing temps of 88C. ._.;;;;;

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Furmark only hits 89c, so 14 is my new stress test for temps lol.
    Damn. Agree with Kuro then, shit needs to get fixed.

Karma Whore
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Found more human bandits around the lighthouse near bloodshore, but way too weak to solo them. I wanted to commence with the breaking of legs again, but it looks like i'll have to wait.
    We managed to trio one of these. Ranks were around 15ish. Has a long distance attack that hit me for 500+ and Magic Def. down.

Just want to say that the exp system is completely fucked for higher mobs. Each of us got around 400 physical points and roughly 30-50 rank on the bandit and a crab.

Dammit Steve of the House of Weave
    BG Level

Flies take so long to repop now, can't burn through them like before, and fire crystals are mia. Guess it's painfully slow grinding or jump on the leve wagon.

Basically, yup. I only have my level 1 polearm, so I've been getting a lot of surplus exp now.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I don't know what SE's intentions are for P3. For P2 we could reasonably assume that it was to stop buying armor and instead craft stuff, even though we were unable to craft actual armor, and by the time we got high enough to get GOOD armor from the faction leves, P2 ended.

Phase three looks to have the same restrictions on armor, but now also on even more weapons (haven't seen any leves that offer weapons as a reward yet either), but they made crafting even harder to level up through, yet made it so you can fly through physical/magical levels through use of leves.

Do they want all of us to hit level 22+ with a physical/magical job in 4 days, only to run smack into the surplus skill grind because its nearly impossible to reliably find/craft/buy higher level weapons? I figured they'd have sped up crafting to allow for us to make some of the higher level weapons/armor along the same pace that we can level up our physical jobs.

Sure, we can all leapfrog on eachother's leves to increase speed there, but that does nothing for actual weapons. People are level 20 and still using level 1 weapons. I just wonder what aspects of the gameplay they're trying to get us to test and comment on? The pacing seems very disjointed and strange. Everyone will have a level 25+ fighting class before they have a level 15 crafting class.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Did anyone else see the ahriman down on a ledge below the cliff edges in the NE corner of the island? It seems like the only way to get to it is through a tunnel guarded by those black elvaan guys and gigantic toad things. Also, in that area there is one blue dragon called Storm Biast that is aggressive and it hit me for 1997 damage when I poked my nose where it doesn't belong.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

it is evga model. Furmark only hits 89c, so 14 is my new stress test for temps lol.

this is with auto-fan btw, runs ~72% at those temps, which is as high as it will go it seems.

Using my custom fan profile in afterburner, the fan hits 48% in kombustor producing temps of 88C. ._.;;;;;
    Well with the new bios and such for the 460, you can increase the fan speed up to 100%, though I obviously don't suggest it if you want to keep your ears. That is if you were talking about 'as high as it will go' with fan speed. If you're talking temps.. then still, 94C is nuts.

with 750/1500/1800 OC (just a minor one obviously), I hit 79C on the OC Scanner program that's a pretty decent EVGA stress test. Highest I've had in game was L4D2 with everything capped (8x MSAA 1680x1050, etc) and I'd hit like.. 73C.

New Odin
    BG Level

I think that right now they want to test how the GuildLeve system functions more than anything, since it seems to be the driving force behind XIV.

Well, it still doesn't work but I'm pretty sure they already know why. Now we need moar patchesss...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Well with the new bios and such for the 460, you can increase the fan speed up to 100%, though I obviously don't suggest it if you want to keep your ears. That is if you were talking about 'as high as it will go' with fan speed. If you're talking temps.. then still, 94C is nuts.
    The game pushes my 480 to 93-94c temps w/ fan speed at 90-94% at parts. So manually taking it to 100% wouldn't be too bad lol. Fuck using OCCT or Furmark, just OC your GPU and play XIV.. the new gpu stress test.

(sorry if alrdy mentioned / hypothesized)
    related note: maybe surplus skill is directly related to the lv of the weapon? Since you essentially skill up your job through your weapon, maybe using a weapon that's too high or too low will result in the red/yellow skill levels and surplus skill? Example (purely hypothetical example): using a lv 1 weapon when your job gets lv10 may put the skill gain in the yellow marks since your out'lving the weapon.. and when you get lv 15 it may put it in the red since the weapon is just too low lv to get skill off of?

People seemed to hit the surplus skill factor at higher lv's in p2 because most jobs had higher lv weapons via venders, but since everyone is working w/ lv 1 weapons this time they are hitting surplus sooner. It makes sense to me, and wouldn't be surprised if it works for weapons too high over your lv (to prevent ppl from taking an end game weapon for their lv10 job for example)

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Karina Silverstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

There's definitely something wrong with the optimization that wasn't wrong in the last beta phase. My Radeon 5850 isn't overheating or being pushed at all (luckily, it sounds like an absolute nightmare for people with 400 series Geforce cards right now ><), and any time I even so much as go near more than one or two other PCs my FPS just starts tanking. I've tried messing with every setting and nothing seems to do anything. Oddly though, my CPU load is always at 70% or higher when running the game... it wasn't that high in Beta 2. My CPU is kind of a pos ([email protected]), but it's certainly not so bad that it should just choke up like that in the presence of more than like two other PCs. When I'm alone in the field, everything is nice and smooth, 45-60+ fps depending on the number of mobs around.

In fact, just the opening scenes on the boat are running at 10-20 fps less than they did in the benchmark. I know in the actual game engine things are going to be different, but that's way off, especially considering the bench was on high and I'm running the game in a much lower resolution atm until my new monitor gets here. Additionally, my friend who benched 1500 lower than me (3500 to 2000) was actually getting BETTER frame rates than me. He has a Core 2 duo, given it's overclocked a lot more (which leads into my next observation), and a Radeon 4870. For some reason with whatever they did the game seems to just be destroying my CPU. My frame rates in town are barely higher than they were on my 9500GT in Beta 2, and my CPU was never being taxed nearly this much then. So yeah, something's messed up I think. Anyone else noticing their CPU being hammered as well?

Failed Sex Ed
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Karinastar View Post
    Anyone else noticing their CPU being hammered as well?
    my [email protected] is constantly at 100% on both cores, no matter what I do. I ordered a Q6600 yesterday to replace it, how many cores is ff14 using for you?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

@Katlan: if that's the case, and I'm absolutely not saying that it isn't, but if it is the case, why would they slow down crafting and continue to deny us weapon rewards from leves? You'd think that they'd be willing to allow access to higher level weapons, especially if they're going to allow us to blow through levels through leves.

I mean, think about it. You finish your Bearded Rock leves and you're level 8. You can now use the next tier of weapons at their optimal levels. You can blow through those leves in minutes, yet if you want to try and level your crafting up to 8, not only do you need a LOT more money than what those few leves (and Missions at those levels) provide, but also a lot more time. You'd literally need days to gather enough materials and experience to successfully craft the weapons for a physical class to use that leveled to 8 in minutes.

Yes, its beta. Yes. We know. But something just seems off about the pacing. Why slow down crafting if you're going to hyper speed up physical classes? Why not offer the same massive skill gains through crafting leves when you are successful? I'd love to see some 7,350 armorer skill points if I make that bronze celata, just like if my level 2 lancer kills that lowly rat through a leve.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Karina Silverstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

my [email protected] is constantly at 100% on both cores, no matter what I do. I ordered a Q6600 yesterday to replace it, how many cores is ff14 using for you?
    All 4, though it seems to be mostly spreading the load across 3, with less on the 4th. I can say that besides stress tests I don't think I've ever seen anything put such a consistent load on my CPU the entire time it's running. ><

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Frein View Post
    Did anyone else see the ahriman down on a ledge below the cliff edges in the NE corner of the island? It seems like the only way to get to it is through a tunnel guarded by those black elvaan guys and gigantic toad things. Also, in that area there is one blue dragon called Storm Biast that is aggressive and it hit me for 1997 damage when I poked my nose where it doesn't belong.
    There were ahriman in beta 2 also, and they tend to rape you if you go anywhere near it.

Quote Originally Posted by Karinastar View Post
    There's definitely something wrong with the optimization that wasn't wrong in the last beta phase. My Radeon 5850 isn't overheating or being pushed at all (luckily, it sounds like an absolute nightmare for people with 400 series Geforce cards right now ><), and any time I even so much as go near more than one or two other PCs my FPS just starts tanking. I've tried messing with every setting and nothing seems to do anything. Oddly though, my CPU load is always at 70% or higher when running the game... it wasn't that high in Beta 2. My CPU is kind of a pos ([email protected]), but it's certainly not so bad that it should just choke up like that in the presence of more than like two other PCs. When I'm alone in the field, everything is nice and smooth, 45-60+ fps depending on the number of mobs around.

In fact, just the opening scenes on the boat are running at 10-20 fps less than they did in the benchmark. I know in the actual game engine things are going to be different, but that's way off, especially considering the bench was on high and I'm running the game in a much lower resolution atm until my new monitor gets here. Additionally, my friend who benched 1500 lower than me (3500 to 2000) was actually getting BETTER frame rates than me. He has a Core 2 duo, given it's overclocked a lot more (which leads into my next observation), and a Radeon 4870. For some reason with whatever they did the game seems to just be destroying my CPU. My frame rates in town are barely higher than they were on my 9500GT in Beta 2, and my CPU was never being taxed nearly this much then. So yeah, something's messed up I think. Anyone else noticing their CPU being hammered as well?

I'm using a 5870 10.4 catalyst drivers cpu is a i7 930 @ 3.6ghz .. my video card goes at a constant 90-100% usage (running maxed everything) getting constant 30-50 fps wherever I go with no matter how many things are on screen. CPU is a constant 30-40% usage or so.

Turning off ambient occulition makes my fps go to like 70-90's but doesn't look as good ;/ (cpu and gpu same usage)

gpu temp tends to hang around 70F cpu around 65-75F (need new cpu fan!)
    if I manually turned the gpu fna up from 65% to 90-100% video card gpu temp goes to like 45-50F

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Looks like I made a good choice when I picked up the Vapor-X version of the 5870 card, reading all of the reports of GPU's reaching 90+ degrees.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    Looks like I made a good choice when I picked up the Vapor-X version of the 5870 card, reading all of the reports of GPU's reaching 90+ degrees.
    Ive had two vapor-x 2gb ordered for two months now...no one seems to have them.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Karina Silverstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm sure my GPU usage will go up quite a bit once my monitor gets here and I start running the game in 1080p, right now it barely goes past 30% at this tiny resolution... you also have a pretty decently overclocked i7 also. I'm thinking your CPU might just have the raw power to push it's way through whatever is wrong. XD

Edit: derp derp, you mentioned your CPU in your post.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 147 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast