1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 0 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 59 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 9 hours, 59 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Class-change Macros     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by BlackheartX View Post
    10 lines is the limit, which is way to small as you level, so I'm hoping some crafty coder can get some type of extender coded within the first month of release into the second maybe. Standing still cause your gear swapping for 15s then multiplying that by 3 macro presses pretty annoying especially if the server fails to resolve a command and you have to repress it (gets really annoying). So much of this could be fixed with a hardware cursor and some drag and drop action, not sure why they don't do that in addition to making macros less of a massive stun.
    I don't think 10 lines was the intended limit, it just seems they limited it during beta or was having issues with the macro system. I only say this because, like someone else mentioned, you could enter more than 10 lines, and it would then add an arrow to the side for scrolling. For some odd reason it would not save anything entered after the 10th line. I think if not by open beta, we will at least be able to enter more than 10 lines when the game launches. /crosses finger

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Do you have to put some wait timer between the lines

Exemple I do

/equipaction 2 "Cure"
    /equipaction 3 "Stoneskin"

Sometime it will only set cure and sometimes only stoneskin

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post

Exemple I do

/eaction 2 Cure
    /eaction 3 Stoneskin

Do this in your macros works better than what you have and no to your question. Only "" two word moves "face smash" ect...
    @Biggie
    I hope so.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Hellscream

Exemple I do

/equipaction 2 "Cure"
    /equipaction 3 "Stoneskin"

I had that issue as well sometimes, but normally it was only when I hit 2 macro's in a row quickly. Then I'd have to switch back to another job in order for it to work correctly. No waits were needed, cause when I used /ac macro's and I ran out of TP it'd cast the last spell as soon as it could.... Not TP... umm flock forget the name...

Since SE fucked up copy/pasting whole macros in the open beta client, I updated the file to make it easier to copy/paste individual lines. You have to go line-by-line now as far as I know.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sunnlona Iyrnlohwyn
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Thanks for these, it will make changes so much easier.

Also, just a heads up there is a typo on the fishing set, you have Dowse and Gulleye set to the same action slot (3).

*Edit*

Another thing I noticed with Archer. Refill automatically gets assigned to slot 2 when you change to Archer. So you don't have to assign it. If you want to move it to slot 3 anyways so that your 2 shots are side by side you have to equip Refill to slot 3 BEFORE you equip Close Shot to slot 2. If you try to equip Close Shot to slot 2 with refill still there it will not work because Refill cannot be removed from your bar, it can only be moved.

Quote Originally Posted by Sign View Post
    Thanks for these, it will make changes so much easier.

Also, just a heads up there is a typo on the fishing set, you have Dowse and Gulleye set to the same action slot (3).

*Edit*

Another thing I noticed with Archer. Refill automatically gets assigned to slot 2 when you change to Archer. So you don't have to assign it. If you want to move it to slot 3 anyways so that your 2 shots are side by side you have to equip Refill to slot 3 BEFORE you equip Close Shot to slot 2. If you try to equip Close Shot to slot 2 with refill still there it will not work because Refill cannot be removed from your bar, it can only be moved.
    Thanks, updated with changes.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Nice! These are very simple, basic macro sets, but a great way to get started. Thanks for maintaining these.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Anyone have problems equipping off hand gear? I have a simple macro to equip main/sub (Mudstone Grinding Wheel is the name) for goldsmithing and I'm sure it is spelled right, even tried with exact case or lowercase but no dice. I also have problmes equipping gear with color in parenthesis i.e. Weathered coif (grey). Seems really buggy

Quote Originally Posted by arshesney View Post
    Anyone have problems equipping off hand gear? I have a simple macro to equip main/sub (Mudstone Grinding Wheel is the name) for goldsmithing and I'm sure it is spelled right, even tried with exact case or lowercase but no dice. I also have problmes equipping gear with color in parenthesis i.e. Weathered coif (grey). Seems really buggy
    I would imagine you just need "Weathered Coif". You need quotations around things with more than 1 word. Download the file in the OP and look at it - should provide enough examples to explain everything.

Updated with blank /equip commands for all armor slots, so you can just fill in the names of your armor and paste them in.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Kael'thas

I just skimmed through thread due to being at work (xD) but.. does anybody know about wait commands?

example:
    /ac "name" <me>
    /wait1
    /ac "name" <t>

Another thing... do things like <st> work in ffxiv atm? or anything for mages to specifically target only party members, this would help especially for a mage i would think

Thanks for this!

btw you use /eaction instead of /equipaction

Quote Originally Posted by Peucritond View Post
    btw you use /eaction instead of /equipaction
    It's the same thing, just shorter.

BG Level

What is the macro to equip a sub weapon

i tried /equip Off "Square Maple Shield +1" and it doesn't work

/equip sub ""

BG Level

I tired sub it also failed

I tired sub it also failed
    You must have spelled the item name wrong, or you might have to ignore the +x in the name or something weird like that. It's definitely sub.

BG Level

Writing the Item : Square Maple Shield +1

My macro /equip sub "Square Maple Shield +1"

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1...0910192057.png

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/446...0910192040.png

Im sure it'S something stupid but yeah

Also possible that it doesn't work because the shield is last and needs to be before abilities?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast