1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 56 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 3 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -1 hours, -4 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 10 hours, 3 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Class-change Macros     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Class-change Macros

This is bound to be a popular and annoying topic, but unless SE starts saving setups between classes, I think this is the only way to do it:
    http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/2737/macros.jpg

So, here's a list of macros for class changes that I started. You can just copy/paste the macro text in the box in-game. Obviously things will get out of date as you upgrade equipment or get new abilities, or mix/match abilities from other classes, but this is meant to provide a solid, low-level base that you can update slowly over time. I'll update this as people (hopefully) help me fill in the blanks.

Current version 2.1.0: http://www.mediafire.com/?bbjdp14uj4syrb4

Previous versions:
    1.0.0: http://www.mediafire.com/?g8lsqjm6feehdpk

SPUULY
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Neat, I like this. Though I probably won't play a lot of the classes, it'll still be helpful with the few I do play.

There seems to be an issue at the moment where only the last /equipaction command is registering, not sure why at the moment.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by qpoiuwer View Post
    There seems to be an issue at the moment where only the last /equipaction command is registering, not sure why at the moment.
    they addressed this in the update notes or the macro notes not sure where i read it but it is known.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

i never played XI, so how did the macro system work on the ps2? clunky or intuitive?

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Exitus View Post
    i never played XI, so how did the macro system work on the ps2? clunky or intuitive?
    It wasn't too bad, the biggest flaw was being limited to 6 lines per macro though.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Nice, I was actually wondering about this.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Exitus View Post
    It was simply your older, standard macro system. No visual icons or anything, just a text-based system that worked pretty well for the game it was designed for. You could target yourself, a specific person, or your target, ect. ect.

This new one seems to be some hybrid mix of FFXI's and WoW's, but I am glad they used icons, and I hope you can put the icons on your bars instead of simply just hitting the keyboard/controller command to fire it up.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

I found the issue through trial and error.
    Basically the macro does not like the "enter key" pressed in it...
    For example ....!

notepad
    /equip main "Weathered Hora"
    /equip sub ""
    /equipaction 2 ""
    /equipaction 3 ""
    /equipaction 4 ""

copy and paste into game may look like this

/equip sub ""

/equipaction 2 ""
    /equipaction 3 ""

/equipaction 4 ""

remove all the spacing using the ingame macro tool so it looks like this

/equip sub ""
    /equipaction 2 ""
    /equipaction 3 ""
    /equipaction 4 ""

note: make sure there are NO spaces after the " in equipaction 4 ""

now try the macro, for any that don't seem to be working, copy that line from ingame -> make another macro -> paste -> try macro
    /equipaction 3 ""

should work now. Copy that line from macro #2 back to macro #1, and it will work.

PS if you copy that working macro out from the game it will probably look like

/equip main "Weathered Hora"/equip sub ""/equipaction 2 ""/equipaction 3 ""/equipaction 4 ""

Do NOT change anything in that mess, as it will messup the macro functionality again! It will look fine/neat and organized when pasted back ingame.

also, the macro works on like 15 lines so I'm guessing its near infinite...?

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Oh snap, I fucking approve. Now I can swap back all my Archer stuff on after playing something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    stuff...
    Hm, good investigation. I know it worked once for me, that must have been when I typed all the commands in manually. I also was wondering while doing this, because if you hit enter in-game, nothing happens - but when you type / it automatically goes to a new line. I thought this was a bug.

I'll update the main post to get rid of the line breaks, and hopefully that fixes all the problems when copy/pasting it in.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Hm, good investigation. I know it worked once for me, that must have been when I typed all the commands in manually. I also was wondering while doing this, because if you hit enter in-game, nothing happens - but when you type / it automatically goes to a new line. I thought this was a bug.

I'll update the main post to get rid of the line breaks, and hopefully that fixes all the problems when copy/pasting it in.
    Thats got to be it then with the /'s making new lines, since I was mostly making the macro's in notepad to save them for retail release so I won't have to remake everything on retail.

If anyone could help list out with listing some more of the class abilities (only up to level 10), that'd be cool too.

Also, if anyone has any gathering/synthesis abilities, or traits, do you know if you can set those with text commands?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Hellscream

My system Locked up after trying to program macro's... I'm sure I got the syntax wrong and it blew up on me... now I can't use them at all or I crash... Anyone know what file to delete to reset macro's?

Nice, I'll have to put these in once beta is back up. Thanks for posting!

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Blade's Edge

Looks good to me! It would need to be time efficient, and that looks the part. I don't plan on seriously leveling more than two combat jobs and two crafts, though; at least not for a long time.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Tried to cut and paste the mining one but it wouldn't take. Too long maybe?

Tonights patch seemed to have fixed the macros, typing em in manualy works now.

Quote Originally Posted by macross View Post
    Tried to cut and paste the mining one but it wouldn't take. Too long maybe?

Tonights patch seemed to have fixed the macros, typing em in manualy works now.
    I'll take a look at it when I get off from work tonight, it's probably a minor change to fix it.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

like I mentioned, the fix a few posts back will work, and yeah copy/pasting in macro's typed out on forums won't work right... it has to be made ingame "working -> then copied to a notepad/forums etc (and make sure not to copy extra spacing or anything!)

I heard macro's are max 10 lines , I got like 10 atm, might see if I can make a massive one after work.

Alright, main post updated. These should work. If they don't, well, then I don't think it's possible to transfer them via forum. If they don't work I'll post a TXT file somewhere so people can copy/paste them in. The trick was there's a special character in between each line which is not a simple newline. This character renders as invisible in notepad, but renders as a new line in-game (and apparently this forum). It's most likely some system-level endline character.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast