1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 13 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 46 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 8 hours, 13 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 1 hours, 46 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

We especially need a blacksmith, that is top priority right now. If you are interested in becoming the BEST crafting division in the WORLD, please consider applying as a blacksmith or a culinarian!

I'll briefly talk about our crafting philosophies in more depth:

We expect that you just stick to crafting/gathering until you reach cap. This is because of the way we've set up our guild philosophies and infrastructure. We intend on having the combat classes supply the crafting classes with ALL of their mats and crystals. In return, if the combat classes EVER need anything, they will get it, period. If we make the most amazing epic +3 item that goes for 20 billion gil, it will be distributed for the greatest benefit of the linkshell. In short, it's a give and take relationship. In the end I think the combat classes will get way more gil in value out of their investment, while the crafters still maintain a large profit margin.

In order to accomplish these goals we need the crafters totally dedicated to crafting and combat classes totally dedicated to combat. We have one of each crafter and they must be a very motivated individual who is willing to help us do research, theorycrafting, mechanic analysis, documentation (recipes, data for statistics, etc.). This will truly be THE best crafting division in the world I will tell you that. If you think you can keep up and you want to be part of something glorious, I encourage you to apply today. When you are rolling in billions of gil you won't regret it, I guarantee it.

And as a closing note, once you cap your craft, you are of course free to do whatever you want but you will be on-call for crafting to the linkshell's needs. Likewise, for combat classes once you cap your combat, by all means feel free to have fun with gathering and crafting and whatever your heart desires. We are not restricting your play style in the long run, only maximizing efficiency short-term (first 1-2 months) because we do aim at server/world firsts.

Thank you,

-Etheria

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Looking for more dedicated combat classes for our linkshell. Our roster is wide open right now due to losing a select few due to various reasons. We especially need a great gladiator and another conjurer for sure. Then definitely some marauders, and any other classes that are listed as open on the site. Please check us out because we definitely need a few more good people to move forward at full-throttle.

-Etheria

Apply here: http://equinoxls.mmoguildsites.com/

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I myself am one of the highest ranked players on our server ATM, and we just need a couple Gladiators and we'll be good to party grind come release. Stop on by and check us out guys! don't hesitate to put in an app, but PLEASE BE THOROUGH AND USE PROPER GRAMMAR!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

How can u be looking for the GREATEST player of a specific class when none have played enough to prove their GREATEST abilities in XIV? And how do u know ur the highest ranked player when search doesn't work correctly?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Although I appreciate your pathetic attempt of a troll, I'll entertain your feeble attempt at making me look like a fool. For one, I believe I am one of the highest ranked players on the server atm, simply because of the fact i've been grinding non stop since the beta started and I haven't seen anyone rank 17 on my server at all. I also said I am ONE OF THE HIGHEST where did I say I AM THE HIGHEST? please show me. Now to you asking how we want to recruit people who are the GREATEST PLAYER OF A SPECIFIC CLASS. We want great MMO players in general. Where did we state we needed people who we're GREAT AT A SPECIFIC CLASS. We simply asked for people to apply for a class that looked appealing to them. for example a great player that is interested in playing a gladiator. Go troll someone else please.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

There's literally no need to come to our thread and just make up theories and argue with us on the philosophies of the linkshell. Either you want to join or you don't. I'm not running around to casual linkshells and saying "Well how do you plan on doing endgame with a bunch of people who don't play". We have great people that come from great MMO backgrounds, especially strong FFXI backgrounds. We're not about to sit around for 6 months to find out who the best people are and then recruit them, for many reasons. One because we want to actually do stuff before then, and two because they will likely be in a linkshell before anyone gets a chance to see they are the best... and hopefully that will be our linkshell.

Kristenn's Kat
    BG Level

Where did we state we needed people who we're GREAT AT A SPECIFIC CLASS.
    (Eons)

We especially need a great gladiator
    (Etheria)

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Was more speaking about someone who excels as a player (trust me... they do exist), and wants to be a gladiator, as opposed to someone who's objectively a better gladiator. Small difference, I know. There's also the fact that we're two different people lol

But in any case, we are still seeking a hardcore/dedicated/intelligent gladiator, conjurer, and any other class listed as open on the site.

Visit us today! http://equinoxls.mmoguildsites.com

Again be sure to put in a written app in addition to your site app. Your site app will not be approved without a written app on the recruitment section.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Still looking to recruit a select few, dedicated natural MMO players. Who share the same passion of dominating end game content, forming strong bonds of friendship, and everlasting server status. Please send us your applications, the release is around the corner~! JP/NA/EU welcomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Etheria View Post
    No it's going to work a bit differently in Equinox. You're going to craft full-time to your craft cap. If you ever just feel the need to do something else, you'll be expected to be working on gathering for your craft. The reason behind this is that we want everyone working toward a singular goal to move the overall goal forward at a faster rate. Since all the other crafters are going to be leveling only their craft, we can't have any of the crafters leveling their combat classes. The same obviously goes for the combat classes, who aren't allowed to touch crafting (until they cap). This is because you need to be directly benefiting your own discipline at all times to maintain maximum efficiency.

For example, if you are trying to level both leatherworking and gladiator, you will for sake of argument be like level 20 leatherworker and level 15 gladiator, while the full-time crafters are level 30 in their craft and the full-time combat classes are level 35 in their combat. Meanwhile, we need something made by a level 30 leatherworker, and the combat classes need a level 35 gladiator, and you can't provide either for us.

Therefore, you will be expected to level your craft + gathering to cap first, then after that you can dabble in other crafts or combat or start working toward becoming an asset to our raiding division (subject to its own application).

The reason you are expected to be on during raid hours is that's when the majority of our members will be on. Whether it be to make stuff for other crafters or to make stuff for combat classes before they go out for a raid, we're going to need you around those hours.

tldr; No, craft and gather during all play hours, combat + other crafts after you cap what you apply for.
    I am somewhat interested in this shell, but I don't know about joining a shell that doesn't appear understand the basics of FFXIV. I definately could be reading this the wrong way or missing the point. If so could you could clarify things for me.

You say you want members to only focus on leveling one craft or job, but this is completely impossible the way the game is designed. As of now, SE has stated that you can really only level one job around 17 hours per week (roughly because of surplus). So if your saying you want members only crafting and gathering to cap first and then dabbling in other jobs, does that mean you only want your members online around 35-40 hours a week max? I don't understand the limitation on leveling multiple jobs to cap since the limitation of surplus actually endorsed this.

Also, can you apply as dual jobs. Again, because of surplus it will be very easy to cap 2-3 jobs on class exp per week along with gathering enough materials to make sure crafting doesn't fall behind.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

If you would mind going to our forums and posting this in the public section i'm sure Etheria can break it all down for you he is our crafting division leader, We understand how 14 works, we aren't incompetent. I'm almost positive you'll like what you hear from Etheria, and look forward to seeing your application!

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I was speaking of your focal class. For combat classes, your main class is your focus. Obviously, you have to level sub-classes for their abilities. The obvious example would be your main is conjurer but your sub is thaumaturge, so you level them both; however, your main class is still conjurer and when you apply as a conjurer you are expected to play conjurer in raid-type situations (unless you are needed on another class for various other reasons).

For crafting, there is subcrafts (ie. to make wands you need carpentry and alchemy) as well as gathering. I will be doing carpentry, alchemy, botany, and fishing for instance.

You apply to the guild as a single main class that you intend to play endgame with. I'm sure there will be situations in which you can use other classes or switch roles, but you are applying as your specialty. You are applying as what you will be the best in, and get all your best gear on.

Quote Originally Posted by Etheria View Post
    I was speaking of your focal class. For combat classes, your main class is your focus. Obviously, you have to level sub-classes for their abilities. The obvious example would be your main is conjurer but your sub is thaumaturge, so you level them both; however, your main class is still conjurer and when you apply as a conjurer you are expected to play conjurer in raid-type situations (unless you are needed on another class for various other reasons).

For crafting, there is subcrafts (ie. to make wands you need carpentry and alchemy) as well as gathering. I will be doing carpentry, alchemy, botany, and fishing for instance.

You apply to the guild as a single main class that you intend to play endgame with. I'm sure there will be situations in which you can use other classes or switch roles, but you are applying as your specialty. You are applying as what you will be the best in, and get all your best gear on.
    I see. Thanks for clearing that up!

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

We have received many great apps from bluegartr! Thank you to all those great players who have faith in Equinox! We are currently looking to fill one last gladiator spot, We also need 3 Thaumaturge. (Exceptional applications will be considered for classes that are closed) So head on over to our website and post an app!! What are you waiting for? GO! :D

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Khadgar

Inspirational battleplan. But extremely high risk. You're asking for a great deal of trust and demanding a great deal of sacrifice from your raiders.

If you weren't robbing the adventurers to pay for crafting this would sound more appealing. I've made several million just crafting wands so far in open beta and pushed my conj to 20 and my physical rank to 28 all at the same time in less time than 99% of the Besaid server. I also have 2 alts in the late teens with multiple class builds. Giving up that income potential in the hopes that I would be given whatever I "need" and not necessarily what I've earned or want doesn't sound like a fair deal.

However, if you redistributed the profits made from crafting to members and not just the guildbank (and yes they will be enormous) as well as provided "required" gear then it would be more feasible. There isn't any reason the crafters should rake in 90% of the spoils doing 10% of the work, especially knowing that adventurers could be crafting and harvesting while they work down fatigue and the crafters will automatically receive all the gear they need as well because they are making it.

Moral of the story here is the whole guild as an entity should be making those "Billions" you are so adamant about. If you work out a way to make distribution of liquid assets fair to both crafters AND adventurers then I would seriously consider applying and would dominate whatever role you need filled because that's how I fukin roll son. But if that's not something you're interested in looking into good luck on those world firsts with me out there pumping the ranks of a competing Linkshell.

I spent years raiding with a equal distribution system in EQ EQ2 WoW and recently in Aion. It was only effective because everyone in the guild got the same sized piece of pie. Soon as people start feeling like the short end of the stick is crammed up their ass drama starts and nonsense ensues.

If you want more detail about how we kept the guild bank funded as well as each member I'd be happy to go over the system with you as well.

If yer not first... yer last.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Thank you for your post, you have a lot of good points and it's something we've been considering for some time.

As far as distributing equally to combat classes as well as crafters, that's something that needs to be worked out. We are considering a system where we will pay out based on how much comes in. For example, the following situation occurs:

Player A gives crafters 20 items
    Player B gives crafters 10 items
    Player C gives crafters 1 item
    Player D gives crafters 30 items

Crafters make 1,000,000 gil in a week

Player A would get about 200k, Player B about 100k, player C about 25k, and player D about 275k, and the crafter gets the rest, or whatever. The metrics haven't been worked out so all I can say is that we have plans for stuff like that, but it's in the baby stages. I think we really need to see what the economy system ends up like in release (it will obviously be different than beta). From there we will work out the exact calculations. All I can say is that crafters will need enough money to buy things to continue crafting. If we can't continue crafting, we can't make new weapons, and the combat classes won't get new weapons, and then they can't level, and everything goes downhill from there. So it's a system that needs some adjustment but we do want to reduce that "high risk" of putting all your gil into the crafters. The main point we'll need gil is right when the game launches. After about a week we should be self-sufficient and able to give back to the linkshell.

All I can ask is that you trust the systems to fall into place. It's nearly impossible to perfectly analyze a system that's still evolving rapidly.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Khadgar

Still evolving was exactly the phrase I was looking for.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

We opened up recruitment a bit. Please refer to the recruitment status on the left side of our homepage. Please put in a written application in addition to your site application, or we cannot accept you.

http://equinoxls.mmoguildsites.com/

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Keep em coming guys :D

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Lots of great applications this past week.

We have opened up space for one more crafter by the way. We need a goldsmith as ours got into a possibly fatal motorcycle accident and we don't know when/if he'll be back. Very very sad news indeed.

If you have any questions drop them in our public forum - thanks!

-Etheria