1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 42 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 17 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 22 hours, 42 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 11 hours, 17 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Equinox - Premier Hardcore Linkshell (Also seeking crafters)

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/3...optimizedr.png

Welcome to Equinox

Equinox is a hardcore progression linkshell aimed toward world and server firsts.

We recruit the best of the best.

We have our own crafting division full of full-time dedicated crafters.

We are few but exceptional. Approximately 5 of each combat class, 1 of each craft.

Interested? Read on.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80...anut/hhr_1.png

The Mission Statement

We strive to be the best of the best, stopping at nothing to attain our goals. If we are beat down the first time, we will recover and get it right the next time.

We demand dedication and consistency from our members. We demand excellence. We will avoid drama at all costs, because if we are focusing on internal issues how are we supposed to make progress?

Raiding

The raid schedule will approximately be Sunday through Thursday, 9PM-1AM EST. These days and times are subject to change as we learn more information, but be expected to have availability for these times.

Our loot distribution is a loot council, decided by our officers based on your performance, dedication, and guild needs.

Crafting Division

We are recruiting totally dedicated crafters.

You must be willing to put in a similar amount of effort in comparison to our combat classes. To give you an approximation, we're looking for at least 5 hours a day, especially around our raid hours.

You must be dedicated to leveling your craft to cap first and foremost. You will not touch combat until you are capped with your craft. Our hardcore raiders will supply you with any needed combat materials.

You are expected to document your findings and do research about your craft specifically, as well as the crafting system in general.

Recruitment

To submit an application, please go to our website: Equinox

Please be sure to read all instructions to successfully submit an application.

We will accept applications to closed classes, we are searching for the best players and although our classes are mostly filled right now, we will inevitably lose some people due to various reasons. Exceptional applications will be accepted. Sub-par applications won't be considered.

Thank you for your time.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Hello everyone, Etheria here, letting you know that we are on the Kashuan server.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So basically your dedicated crafters would normally only craft during your raid hours and they would level up their own classes outside of those hours?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

No it's going to work a bit differently in Equinox. You're going to craft full-time to your craft cap. If you ever just feel the need to do something else, you'll be expected to be working on gathering for your craft. The reason behind this is that we want everyone working toward a singular goal to move the overall goal forward at a faster rate. Since all the other crafters are going to be leveling only their craft, we can't have any of the crafters leveling their combat classes. The same obviously goes for the combat classes, who aren't allowed to touch crafting (until they cap). This is because you need to be directly benefiting your own discipline at all times to maintain maximum efficiency.

For example, if you are trying to level both leatherworking and gladiator, you will for sake of argument be like level 20 leatherworker and level 15 gladiator, while the full-time crafters are level 30 in their craft and the full-time combat classes are level 35 in their combat. Meanwhile, we need something made by a level 30 leatherworker, and the combat classes need a level 35 gladiator, and you can't provide either for us.

Therefore, you will be expected to level your craft + gathering to cap first, then after that you can dabble in other crafts or combat or start working toward becoming an asset to our raiding division (subject to its own application).

The reason you are expected to be on during raid hours is that's when the majority of our members will be on. Whether it be to make stuff for other crafters or to make stuff for combat classes before they go out for a raid, we're going to need you around those hours.

tldr; No, craft and gather during all play hours, combat + other crafts after you cap what you apply for.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I experienced the same thing in WAR and Aion, and I have to say there's some key differences. Both of those games were PvP centric. Being at cap alone in a PvP game was /boring/. In addition, WAR was one of the least balanced games I've ever played. Aion was alright, and even after cap I played for a good bit.

While I'm sure some people will drop out regardless, there are some cool things about FF14 that will keep me playing far past cap:

1. Very in-depth crafting
    2. Lots of crafts
    3. No class limitation (including crafts)
    4. SE doesn't pour out all their information so a lot of time can be spent figuring out the intricacies of their hidden systems
    5. Playing worldwide is a big one for me, as I'm a Japanese minor I look forward to interacting with the japanese community because it's something that I can't do anywhere else (save Japan itself, or by signing up for free Japanese MMOs which usually lack gameplay)

And to wrap up, FFXI was a great game. I never really experienced much endgame in FFXI because I switched over to WoW, but I played that game for over 100 days playtime and never felt like there wasn't something I could be doing. Even if it was sitting around and chatting and listening to music, there was always something to be doing. I see the same sort of promise with FF14's design so far. We'll see how it turns out but I can guarantee you that I, personally, will be here for a long time. Maybe it will burn out some people, maybe it won't, but we just need to find those people who will stick with it through thick and thin, and that is why we are here recruiting the best of the best, and the most dedicated people we can find.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Allow me to explain further - we require you to focus one class so we can have one of every class to cap as quickly and efficiently as possible. If we are all allowed to do whatever we want (including myself), at any time, we'd just be your average linkshell. Instead of having one of each class at 50 we'd have like 4 of each class at 25. That's not what this linkshell is about. This linkshell is about shooting for server and world firsts and maximizing play efficiency. Obviously once we reach cap with our main class, we can take the time to enjoy ourselves and relax and do whatever we want (outside of raid hours). But for the first month or two, we are going to be entirely focused on our main goal of having a 50 in every class, hopefully near server first.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

The design of the game is such that you will want to cross-class certain skills from other classes. So to be the "best" Gladiator, you'll want some Marauder, Conjurer, or Pugilist skills, for example. Take that into account. If you have members in the beta, they can speak to the advantages of having skills from other classes on their action bar.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I have an offer for your LS. If there is a way to contact you other than your forums, please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by OochiGiru View Post
    I have an offer for your LS. If there is a way to contact you other than your forums, please let me know.
    Feel free to contact me through the PM service on this site.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Curious, Does leveling ones sub count as an advance to ones main class? You wont be frowned upon for leveling ones sub would you? Also not everyone is/has played the beta/Alpha but on your site it says if your applying you must be playing the collectors edition (For the 8 day advancement) Are you trying to keep the levels of players in your linkshell around the same (Granted some will be lower some will be higher)

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Relevant subclasses are fine. Just as long as you are progressing your main character.

If you're a crafter, leveling combat is not progressing your main character.

If you're a raider, leveling crafting is not progressing your character.

Therefore you must stay only in one discipline at least until you've reached cap, then you can dabble in other stuff. For example, say a marauder gets marauder and pugilist to 50, and he doesn't plan on using other sub classes, then he can play around with gathering and crafting and whatever else when not raiding.

Yes we intend to keep levels around the same, but levels are going to fly by. Depending on the metrics implemented we expect to have several capped within a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Jex View Post
    Curious, Does leveling ones sub count as an advance to ones main class? You wont be frowned upon for leveling ones sub would you? Also not everyone is/has played the beta/Alpha but on your site it says if your applying you must be playing the collectors edition (For the 8 day advancement) Are you trying to keep the levels of players in your linkshell around the same (Granted some will be lower some will be higher)
    To answer your first question, yes. For example; I will be playing a pugilist as DPS, I will also be leveling Marauder, Lancer, and Archer because they each have some abilities that will benefit my PUG as DPS. My main class will be a Pugilist so that will be the highest one for sure, and once that is capped, I will go back and finish the others off. We want your main class to hit the level cap fastest in order to get into raiding as soon as possible. We are fully aware that a level capped Pugilist with nothing else leveled is not as complete as a level capped Pugilist with a few other classes under their belt.

The crafting division is a different story. While our combat classes will be leveling 2-3 classes some what at the same time, our crafters will be doing their craft, and a gathering class to complement their current craft. Once they hit cap in their designated craft, they are more then willing to dabble into anything else; combat or crafting. Same goes with our combat, though it will be longer to "complete" your combat classes compared to our crafters.

The collectors edition is a requirement because of the level of play we will be going at. In order to become server first / world competing linkshell, you need to get the jump.

We do expect people to be somewhat around the same level. Some people are taking weeks off of work, just to get a jump ahead, and we do expect LOTS of time put in while in the leveling process. While we do respect life and peoples jobs, we also expect you to understand we as a whole treat this game as a second job. While that may be frowned apon by others, this is our gaming style, it does not fit everyone. Shit happens, we wont hold it against you, but if it's something that keeps on happening, this just may not be the LS for you.

I hope this clears any confusion up and answers your question. If not, please feel free to ask more either in this thread, on our general forums on our site (do not need to register to post) or in PMs.

Thanks,

Furyan
    Equinox

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Ok some point to do here

1) I made some cleaning, this thread was really much like out of control for nothing

2) This is for recrutment only, If i see anyone (including the OP) derailling for any reason or just posting outside of the context, is getting a vacation.

Updated recruitment once again!

We are currently seeking 1 Gladiator, 2 Lancers and 1 Conjurer.

Remember, we are only seeking exceptional raiders, if you think you have what it takes to keep up with the rest of the guild, I encourage you to post an application today!

Thanks,

Furyan

Equinox is recruiting a select few more to polish off our core. At this time we're seeking 1 Gladiator, 1 Lancer and 1 Culinarian. We are only seeking exceptional applicants at this time.

With that said, even if you intend on playing a class that is not currently open, we still urge you to apply. Raid spots are earned, not handed to our members in Equinox. If you feel you are the best of the best, put in an application, and remember, this is your first impression to us. Please be sure to take your time in your application if you wish us to take our time to review it.

If you have an additional questions please do not hesitate to ask me in a PM or on our site.

Thanks,

Furyan

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Just need a dedicated culinarian. We're especially looking for one with advanced writing ability, and the drive to work on spreadsheets and collect data and document known recipes. I'm not only looking for someone to do cooking, I'm looking for a hardcore, dedicated member to put in the highest quality of work.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

It's unfortunate but it looks like we lost our alchemist due to real life issues. So we are looking for a pristine alchemist application to replace him!

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That's unfortunate. Did he discover he actually had a real life or what?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Yeah, we got a replacement alchemist already though.

Our old one got a lead role in a project that demanded 80 hours a week for 3 months, so he couldn't really play at all.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Hellscream

Hrm... nvm... Seems too restrictive... I love playing and wouldn't mind be dedicated to something, but I really don't want to be locked down. I'm going to be a crafter and lancer, but Skill Surplus really seemed to discurage me from leveling it much after hitting it. Cause it seemed to be harder to level once you hit the surplus for Crafting.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast