1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 30 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 29 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 0 hours, 30 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 9 hours, 29 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Control Schemes     submit to reddit submit to twitter

http://www.motioninjoy.com/wiki/en/install/latest
    their own tutorial is much better and easier than watching 20 minutes of youtube

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

Thanks to play.

Little Mother
    BG Level

Merged threads.

Thanks

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Sign View Post
    Noticing an issue with keybindings. Since SE has still been unable to allow mapping of camera controls to the arrow keys I tried mapping them to WASD so that at least my hands could rest comfortably on the keyboard. However, I have since logged out 2-3x to make graphical adjustments and every time I log back in WASD are movement keys again. If I go to bindings they are still mapped to camera and if I back out of the bindings menu even without touching anything they will go back to camera controls, but I have to check the bindings every time I log in.

This happening to anyone else?
    happens all the time, but all u have to do is go to the keys menu and then go back and everything would will be back to normal...

so basically just check the keys, u dnt need to fix them..

i was using WASD (Up,Left,Down,Right) but then I changed it to SDWA... more FFXI-ish..

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Figured it out^^

Quote Originally Posted by ascalon View Post
    3. NUMPAD + ARROW KEYS

PROs
    - A setup familiar to players of FFXI
    - Intuitive movement via numpad keys
    - Easy access to main menu
    - Easy access to multiple action bars via Arrow Keys + right hand thumb
    - Easy access to all actions via left hand
    - Easy access to shortcut keys via left hand
    - Easy access to macro keys (Ctrl/Alt) by left hand

CONs
    - Lack of decent camera controls. Can’t use mouse with right hand. IJKL awkward and unfamiliar for left hand to find when needed.
    - No way to toggle AoE/Single target spells
    - No easy way of selecting enemies, friends, or party members. Mouse remains inadequate for doing so, and no F-key bindings mean you have to scroll through the whole list until you find the one you want.

Summary
    As a former FFXI player, I’d be pretty comfortable and happy with this setup IF the arrow keys could be used to control the camera as we are used to, as well as for selecting abilities on the action bar while in combat, though obviously having keys do two different things isn’t ideal. Again perhaps the Shift key could be used as a modifier to allow you to control the camera with the arrow keys, as it currently is unbound..
    I figured out how to do this^^

You can find my post Here

ffxivcore.com/topic/13828-use-arrow-keys-as-camera-controls/
    (can't post links since im new)

basically its using the program AutoHotkey to make windows register the arrow keys as IJKL, and it has a toggle button (Insert) to turn it on or off

Oh, and (Hello) (everyone). (Nice to meet you!)

STR-1 DEX-1
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by liinko View Post

basically its using the program AutoHotkey to make windows register the arrow keys as IJKL, and it has a toggle button (Insert) to turn it on or off

Thanks for this.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I still want arrow keys as camera. What's stopping them?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

i was using WASD (Up,Left,Down,Right) but then I changed it to SDWA... more FFXI-ish..
    Rather than swapping it via keybinding, you should have just inverted the third person camera axis like I did as soon as entered the game.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    Rather than swapping it via keybinding, you should have just inverted the third person camera axis like I did as soon as entered the game.
    Didnt notice it at first,, but meh, still working for me so no problemo.... arrows please ; ;

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    I still want arrow keys as camera. What's stopping them?
    Read Here...

It will show you how.

Its a good alternative while SE fixes this

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Kael'thas

Would have to agree with most of what you said, fairly accuracte description, only thing i disagree on is for the gamepad, i find selecting party members/things in general is MUCH easier if you set your toggle controls to the D-pad. Up and Down cycle the party members and left and right give you the option of which way to toggle first. I just happen to find that extremely helpful. Also the main keybinding (Not Alt/Ctrl macros) that you get to through 1-9 on your keyboard, you can get to those with the remote by simply selecting yourself or a target as a target and press the accept key and then select the skill you want to use, so i think the remote so far, especially how they have the camera set up for keyboard atm, is by far the easiest playable accessory for this game.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Shadowsong

Just an update from me on how stuff has changed since I originally wrote that feedback.

Mouse Controls

Mouse is still software, but it is CONSIDERABLY smoother now some optimisation of the client has occurred and various background processes seem to have been taken out. It seems to be LESS dependent on your framerate too, which I found quite odd, but it still isn't a 100% hardware mouse as far as I can tell.

AoE targeting

This can now be toggled using the Z key on your keyboard as well as clicking on it with the mouse. If anybody knows how to bind it to a controller do please say, as I couldn't find an option in the Beta Config .exe .

Gamepad & menus

Most of the menus that for some reason you couldn't use with gamepad in beta 3 are now working fine. You can use the map, select the dropdown list in the Skills and Actions pane, and pretty much everything you would expect.

Arrow Keys

Still not bindable to camera without the workaround posted in this thread.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by liinko View Post

THANK you. Such a stupid little thing and it's completely ruined my play experience until now.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Dunno if it's common knowledge yet, but the battle regimen/emote button on controllers also toggles the aoe when casting.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

my game gets choppy as hell when i try to turn using the mouse tho, any idea why? works just fine when i use ijkl to move the camera, i suppose im just turning it too fast but meh..

thx for the fix for the arrow keys

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6