+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

I'd say there are very few people out there who actually like the dentist. Would be best to just get it over with before anything more serious happens. (I'm not sure about you, but I'd define a piece of tooth coming through your gums as being pretty serious.) Good luck.

No Pants, No Problem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

My mom didn't wait after it started to push through the gums.She went to the dentist within a week and I think it took 2 weeks to get her in for the removal. She was in pretty good pain, eating anything too solid was hard on her. I know 1 thing, it was disgusting to look at. Hers was an Incisor, if that helps at all.

Just hope this isn't part of a bigger problem and just a random tooth being awkward.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Hex View Post
    My mom just had this, it looked horrible, caused her a great deal of pain cause she kept putting it off. Eventually she went to the Dentist and they removed the tooth. They also told her she has some sort of bone issue where it's deteriorating so she's having surgery in Oct to remove all her top teeth.
    I have that same issue - bone cyst right under my lower front teeth. After the surgery to clear the cyst I need to have at least two root canals, and that if there's even any bone left under the teeth to hold them in place. If not the teeth are gone and I gotta get fucking dentures.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Zeh View Post
    Woke up this morning with a pain like fuck in the lower front corner of my mouth. I sprang to my bathroom mirror to see what was the matter, and lo and behold I see a small piece of bone(tooth?) poking through my gums below my front corner tooth. Is this my gum receding, or my tooth poking through or what? Do I have to see the dentist? I really don't like the dentist.
    The Aztec used to sacrifice people for teeth through the gums. I hope you dont go near any Aztec!

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hex View Post
    My mom just had this, it looked horrible, caused her a great deal of pain cause she kept putting it off. Eventually she went to the Dentist and they removed the tooth. They also told her she has some sort of bone issue where it's deteriorating so she's having surgery in Oct to remove all her top teeth.
    Toothless blowjobs sound amazing. I'm quite surprised this wasn't said already.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

It could be a bone spur. I have this little bump that developed under the gum on the inside of my mouth and the dentist said every once in a while people will just grow sharp protrusions of the gum that stick out and may or may not poke through the gum entirely. They can go in and grind them off with no big issues.

It could be that.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I'm growing in a third set of teeth. I'd love to see that gene in my DNA, like I bet I share it with a shark

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

You may have broken a root in your tooth. Happened to me when i was a kid.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Zeh View Post
    I'm growing in a third set of teeth. I'd love to see that gene in my DNA, like I bet I share it with a shark
    Or maybe an elephant - during their lifetime they go through 4 or 5 sets of teeth.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I had something like this but caught it early. Managed to finally get a dental plan and found out I had a recessed adult upper bicuspid coming through behind a baby tooth that never fell out. Regardless, your first step is to see a dentist, get an x-ray to see what the hell it actually is. Worse case, you could be looking at oral surgery lots of soup and pain for a few weeks and some painkillers. Hope this helps