BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

SC2 E-Sports Thread

I get the feeling I'm hardly the only one that's been following a lot of the tournaments since before SC2 even released, and obviously the players that come with it. I hope we can get a thread going that covers and discusses upcoming tournaments/showmatches in the SC2 professional world.

On to upcoming tournaments, specifically the IEM in Germany:

Pool 1
    TLO - Terran (possibly random?)
    WhiteRa - Protoss
    MaDFroG - Zerg
    ClouD - Terran

Pool 2
    HuK - Protoss
    BratOK - Terran
    Tarson - Terran
    Artosis - Zerg

Pool 3
    HasuObs - Zerg
    DIMAGA - Protoss
    LucifroN - Terran
    Sarens - Terran

Pool 4
    DeMusliM - Terran
    CrydrA - Zerg
    Strelok - Terran
    Naniwa - Protoss

I feel like it should be WhiteRa/TLO from Pool 1, I don't really have any doubts about that one.

For pool 2 though I'm not too sure, I feel like HuK is probably the best player out of the group if he's on his game, and I'd probably give the second spot from that group to just about anyone.

Pool 3 I'm not familiar with Sarens, but I know LucifroN has been getting better since his transition from WC3 but I don't think he's all the way ready for SC2, so I'm going to have to go with DIMAGA and HasuObs.

Pool 4 is a real tough one for me, I don't want to admit it but I think crydra will probably will make it out of that pool. I'd like to see Naniwa advance because I love the protoss, but I think he doesn't always play it safe and that might come back to bite him with this group of solid players, so probably crydra/demuslim in the end.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

WhiteRa is zerg?

And if these race picks aren't solid yet, TLO is either going to do terran or zerg I'm betting.

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    WhiteRa is zerg?

And if these race picks aren't solid yet, TLO is either going to do terran or zerg I'm betting.
    heh oops, whitera is of course protoss, i'm guessing TLO may end up picking up zerg, his tvt isn't as strong as his zvt, and of course he is familiar with whitera's pvt play and how unpredictable whitera can be

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I hope to see TLO as zerg; only have seen 1 recent game with him as zerg

I pretty much know how Idra and Dimaga are going to play zerg(you mixed hasu and dimaga up btw, hasu's toss and dimaga's zerg). I just know TLO's going to be interesting to watch if he goes zerg.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

here's an interesting post from dimaga regarding his switch from zerg ( didn't know he went toss as you have posted)

You are not going to believe it, but it is true. I am seriously considering changing my race. This is, however, understandable: you must realize that I have not only moral responsibility to my fans, but a much more real, financial responsibility to my employer.

I do not just play Starcraft 2 for fun, it is my JOB. The image and the popularity of the team depend on my results, and so I must do whatever is necessary to make my team the best. Unfortunately, in the present balance situation regarding Zerg, I cannot achieve good results for my team. Blizzard's inaction only further fuels the fire.

Because of these reasons, unless there is at least an announcement of the new patch after GOM TV Global Starcraft II League and IEM Global Challenge Gamescom, I am going to switch from my precious Zerg to the more successful Terran.

I really want at least a small balance change, but so that your game does not have to depend solely on the mistakes of your opponent. I want fair play. Hopefully, I will not have to take such extreme measures.

Dmitry "DIMAGA" Filipchuk

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=144086

Perhaps instead of switching races Dimaga should try actually playing a standard game instead of doing cheesy all in strategies every game.

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

pretty hard to not be at least decent as terran though, terran is pretty easy, especially from 1 base play which dimaga definitely favors

LazyShell
    BG Level

I'm still having a hard time getting as interested in watching SC2 as I am in watching SC:BW. Definitely have more fun playing SC2 at this point, but BW still feels more awesome to watch. I guess I'm still just waiting for the bonjwa level talent/personality to rise up. I've watched BW pretty regularly for years though, I'll probably take awhile to get used to SC2 as well. It does still have some excitement, I've loved most of the series I have watched, including the king of the beta and some of GOM's games.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Drama time! IdrA catches the business end of the banhammer from the ESL.

http://www.nationalesl.com/us/sc2/1o...layer/3606178/
    http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...entpage=33#642

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

i hate crydra, even if he's good he's such a douchebag like 90% of the games he plays unless he wins, i'm glad he got benched for the rest of the season. i hope he learns some god damn respect

edit: oh wow, there's so much idra dickriding going on, i don't understand how so many people can be upset that because of his giant douchebaggery that he got banned from the ESL, the ESL let so much shit slide with idra because he's a good player and it finally came back to bite him in the ass

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Idra lives in a fantasy world where he takes all the credit for success and none of the blame for failure. All the dickriding comes from scrubs who play zerg and cry the same way whenever they drop a game to terrans on ladder.

Formerly Raitoken
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

So much rage with Idra vs Silver games it was beautiful.

If anyone hasn't seen them then go look them up on youtube and search "Idra vs Silver" and watch both games 1 and 2.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Artosis had an interview thing with idra up for this tournament:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ArtosisTV#p/u/4/FXBsFlhBkqo

.... also go Germany !

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Never knew idra looked like harry potter lol

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The IdrA thing is actually a bit messed up. They banned him midway through a tournament because he was bad-mouthing people in previous tournaments. The ban occurred at the same time that they screwed up match reporting, so it's likely they're trying to cover that up.

Yeah, he's a huge dick, but ESL handled this ridiculously unprofessionally, once again proving that "E-Sports" in the US is still being managed by a bunch of fat anti-social neckbears and 15 year old kids.

Yeah I hate IdrA as much as the next person, but banning him in this case was really stupid. Like him or not he actually is a very good player despite his bitching.

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob View Post
    Yeah, he's a huge dick, but ESL handled this ridiculously unprofessionally, once again proving that "E-Sports" in the US is still being managed by a bunch of fat anti-social neckbears and 15 year old kids.
    the ESL is eurpoean unless i'm mistaken

Like him or not he actually is a very good player despite his bitching.
    being good shouldn't allow you to act like a total jackass to everyone and then expect everyone to worship the ground you walk on, it's not even all that hard not to be a total fuckhead to everyone, outside of LANs you don't even see the other people a lot of the time, how hard is it to just rage by yourself where no one can see you instead of bming the shit out of everyone involved?

Quote Originally Posted by Ramor View Post

being good shouldn't allow you to act like a total jackass to everyone and then expect everyone to worship the ground you walk on, it's not even all that hard not to be a total fuckhead to everyone, outside of LANs you don't even see the other people a lot of the time, how hard is it to just rage by yourself where no one can see you instead of bming the shit out of everyone involved?
    I agree, but in this case it wasn't him being an ass that caused him to get DQ'd. ESL fucked up and is punishing him for it for some reason.

EDIT: In any case IdrA has had the ban reversed and it just leaves him with 3 PP points against him. If he gets a fourth he receives a 1 week ban.

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

yeah i saw that, i hope that from now on they stop letting shit slide with idra which they admitted they had done before, i hope he just starts to get ban after ban until he wises up

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ramor View Post
    This is the US branch of the ESL.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast