FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by fredjanx View Post
    edit: nvm, misread your comment...
    anyways, has it been proven that Yilbegan has to have Shadow + Mist in order for him to drop rings?
    For Yilbegan, I don't see what the mist has to do with the droprates. I thought it followed the standard model of the T3s where shadow = "true" Yilbegan which means Zilant/Galdrs.

The mist just indicates the bio aura and a change in the type of spells he casts?

A better question is if you kill the HQ does a NQ become an HQ or if it stays down until that zones Yilbegan has repopped.

The fact that Yilb spawns in like every fucking zone and out of like 15 kills we've never had a shadow nor any ring drops is a giant fucking display of everything wrong with this game.

Seriously cant think of anything I hate more than the VNM system.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I can:

Qiqirn Treasure Hunters.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Incoming in the next version update: Salvage "adjustments" where 35s only have a chance to drop from NMs with a shadow.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Dooom View Post
    Incoming in the next version update: Salvage "adjustments" where 35s only have a chance to drop from NMs with a shadow.
    That's how it works already.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

mew for carby & ramuh as pikachu!

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

How do they look during BP animations and such?

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra View Post
    The fact that Yilb spawns in like every fucking zone and out of like 15 kills we've never had a shadow nor any ring drops is a giant fucking display of everything wrong with this game.

Gonna agree with this one completely. We've killed so many Yilbegans now I've lost count, but never had a shadow or a ring drop.

During bp's they still try and do the animations, works out for the larger models, but for the smaller ones like haunter, semi twitchy on the physical ones.

Demosthenes11

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Harvest View Post
    During bp's they still try and do the animations, works out for the larger models, but for the smaller ones like haunter, semi twitchy on the physical ones.
    that haunter is adorable

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra View Post

seriously this. I have fewer complaints about the drop rate and more about the convert rate... I went 1/17 on a yellow abyssite for verthandi, and my average is probably 1/12 now. Who would care about the drop rate if the convert rate was 100% or close to it? shit just isn't fun.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I went 1/~50 on my first Tier 1 conversion and decided the juice was entirely not worth the squeeze. I'll go back and farm Urd for Choriea Earring solo when I'm 90 DNC.

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I went 1/~50 on my first Tier 1 conversion and decided the juice was entirely not worth the squeeze. I'll go back and farm Urd for Choriea Earring solo when I'm 90 DNC.
    I'm told she's soloable now, though I've never attempted it. Don't intend to for a while either, 1/4 on both earring and abyssite upgrade... and getting my shell to do T3 VNMs is oddly similar to pulling teeth.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
    I'm told she's soloable now, though I've never attempted it. Don't intend to for a while either, 1/4 on both earring and abyssite upgrade... and getting my shell to do T3 VNMs is oddly similar to pulling teeth.
    I know Urd is soloable now, but I don't have an evasion set and I'm too cheap/lazy to buy one. At 90 it won't be an issue.

I duoed a few Skuld and Urd @75 trying for Abyssite upgrade when I was thinking about doing the OAT dagger, but I got tired of bothering a duo partner into helping me. Honestly, the drop rates and fights are ass, but the worst part about VNM for me is playing the sitting game trying to pop shit. Holy crap it annoys me.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

My LS just managed to win Conflux #5 (Hydra)

Sorry forgot to take a screenshot of the actual pool.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...y/WOECROPS.jpg

X2 Cor cape, HP+95 mantle and EMN-8 mitts.

Also I got Adapa's Slacks in my chest after coming 1st, along with other treats like stone 5 etc.

And I got a cool title ^_-
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../TITLECROP.jpg

17 people, standard brd + DD zerg. No confluxes opened up but only a matter of time now

Quote Originally Posted by solanis View Post
    seriously this. I have fewer complaints about the drop rate and more about the convert rate... I went 1/17 on a yellow abyssite for verthandi, and my average is probably 1/12 now. Who would care about the drop rate if the convert rate was 100% or close to it? shit just isn't fun.
    This. SE actually managed to avoid botting, but still messed the system up.

You'd think they'd learn their lesson.

"Oh, players fucking raged over 15 min repops on ??? in sky? Fine fine we'll fix that... But not for sea lol".

"Oh, players fucking raged for sea pops not being 100%? Ok fine fine, we'll fix that... But we'll make the same mistake with VNMs LOL".

"Oh, players fucking raged on abysmal drop rates on mediocre sidegrade items that drop from NMs that are popped via items that have abysmal drop rates? LOL let's make VNMs!".

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast