BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 108 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

The last time I was in Abyssea and parsed my evasion on Dancer, I was at an 80% evade right fighting Pixie NMs in my normal TP gear. There's some shit that I need to use a Hybrid build on, but it hardly matters in Abyssea. Outside Abyssea, the first sacrifice I make is putting on an AGI dagger if I'm fighting more accurate things, and then I can use my hybrid set too (for the VT Dynamis monsters).

At the moment, things like Antares Harness, Calmecac Leggings, Fugacity Mantle, etc. cost me 500 Alexandrite and don't improve my efficiency at all over a 7k NPCable Aurore body and some R/Ex crap.

Edit: To be clear, I've definitely got a max evasion set, I just don't find I ever need to use it and don't want to spend 4mil squeezing out that last 10 evasion at the expensive of DD potential in a set I pretty much never use.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

What Draylo said. And it's easy enough to have a spellcast toggle to switch between max haste, hybrid, and full evasion that there's no point in not having it (If you're maxing inventory on a melee job as an excuse then you're doing something wrong).

Edit: stop gimping yourself to make an mythic omg wtf
    Edit2: Everything in this game is Empyrean weapons.

Which fairy? Carabosse has like 0% acc, she even misses warriors with agressor up <_> Then there's some NM.s like bennu where I need to use my hybrid set on NIN + hojo + kurayami or I lose shadows waaay too fast.

Edit: To be clear, I've definitely got a max evasion set, I just don't find I ever need to use it and don't want to spend 4mil squeezing out that last 10 evasion at the expensive of DD potential in a set I pretty much never use.
    I don't think anyone should go this far...I use cheap easy gear for my full evas set.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

You agree that THF gets a lot of natural evasion, but still insist that you use a max eva build? Should be the opposite.

As far as using more DA/TA/haste/DW in SA/TA, I try my best to find a balance between everything. I think it was said elsewhere but you really need 2 sets: One for just running in and SAing or TAing (max DEX and AGI with some DA/TA thrown in) and one set for SA/TA while TPing (adding in more haste/DW for next attack round). I would like to see/run some numbers on max haste/dw build vs more DEX heavy builds, or at least a decent formula to plug some values in. But at the same time, I wouldn't go so far as to make a separate set for each level of haste I was getting either.

Thankfully all this has made me question my own sets lol...and since I'm a glutton for criticism, here are mine:
    Spoiler: show

TP
    http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...nido/THFTP.png
    Probably need to trade agasaya's for rancor at some point. And for the record I use raider rang when tanking with good support. Solo and otherwise i use RA setup. Xbow is Octant.

Evis
    http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...do/THFEVIS.png
    Earring is flock although I'm contemplating if it would be better to use raider's over brutal inside abyssea. Probably could use thundersoul over rajas inside abyssea as well.

Solo SA
    http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...o/HYBRIDSA.png
    More of a hybrid setup between damage and haste. Ears are aesir and flock. Neck is shifting.

Solo TA
    http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...nido/MAXTA.png
    Max DMG set. Have suppa/epona's/denali head for faster set. Need those damn ambusher's to drop ; ;

Max evasion
    http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...ido/MAXEVA.png
    Again don't use it unless I'm holding something.

Ranged
    http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...nido/MAXRA.png
    Probably overkill, but I don't like missing bolts lol...especially bloody. Thinking of doing some more mag acc pieces for acid bolts but don't know if it's worth the trouble.

blahblaheditrushingandsuch

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Fuath and the T1/2, along with IT Seelie/Unseelies that we'd leveled up farming pops. It's easy to psych yourself into using a hybrid evasion set if you aren't using a parser. I just spent a lot of time in MDT gear because I hate those freaking faeries.

I have a full evasion set because it's what my NIN has and it's all I made o_O I didn't say I wasn't going to make a hybrid evasion set on thf, just seeing if I actually need one yet. I don't really like thf much yet, NIN is so much more fun.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Sorry, misread...carry on ^^

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Kalima View Post
    You agree that THF gets a lot of natural evasion, but still insist that you use a max eva build? Should be the opposite.
    There's a serious (and bad) assumption here. You're assuming a job having natural evasion is enough, and it generally isn't. This depends what you're up against of course but the toughest of mobs you're not going to cap evasion rate, so the more gear you have to boost it the higher level of things you can avoid with it. Definitely useful.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Well that statement was based on the assumption that Shiyo was saying since THF has such high evasion that it needs a max evasion build as opposed to a hybrid one (meaning less evasion in the setup). So it wasn't me assuming or implying that you're going to easily cap evasion on everything or that a max build is completely useless. But at the same time for A LOT of things, you're going to cap with just a few pieces and atma alone.

But since it was all me misunderstanding what Shiyo said in the first place then I guess it doesn't matter anyway ^^.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

+40 eva in visions/scars zones is sufficient for 95% of mobs on nin, so just correct for the difference in natural eva between nin w/ yonin and thf. +99 eva (what I assume to be the general almost top tier eva set possible on nin) in gear + yonin is really only needed for things like Bennu (dat simurgh high acc), Rani/Raja (even then you're still not evading more than 15% of the time), and holding mobs for procs. I can't for the life of me think of any other nms that have such insane acc values that it would actually warrant full timing eva gear during the fight. I can't think of a single instance where I would want to waste an atma on eva unless I was looking to solo, especially on thf.

edit: just realized that I didn't account for assuming GH thanks to byrs comment lol. Factor that in as well. Just as an aside, what is the best damage combo for thf? I auto default to rr gh aoa since I'm on nin 95% of the time and fuck changing atmas for that 2% I'm on thf.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Dark Depths and Gnarled Horn are 40% crit rate and 55 Evasion together. Toss in Razed Ruins, and it really isn't such a bad DD combination for THF.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I usually default to RR/GH/Apoc myself, but switching to RR/GH/DD sounds intriguing with a max of 95% crit hit rate. Or maybe switching DD for SS for 60% crit damage. Yet I don't know why it's super hard for me to drop that safety net that is apoc...

Edit: Just played around with both RR/GH/DD and RR/GH/SS...and I'm having a hard time even remembering why I used apoc lol. With DD, in 10 full minutes of swinging I only saw 3 melee hits NOT crit. Also in that time frame I only lost 2 shadows (was fighting lower level efts but still pretty good.) With SS on the other hand I definitely could tell that there were less number of crits but good lord...felt like I was swinging two Gaxes instead of daggers lol. I saw the damage from THF AF set bonus and my jaw hit the floor.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I used to use RR GH DD exclusively, then went to RR GH SS which is better IMO because of Champions Tonics and stuff, but now solely use RR SS Apoc on THF cus I only solo and the increase in hits/tp gain to ws is best for interrupting spells.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Completely useless set but I just love to play with my HP build as relax from normal events. Because I probably won't improve it before 95 lvl cap I post it even that it's unfinished

Outside:
    Mantra 5/5
    Turtle soup +200HP

Inside:
    HP zone lvl 6
    Turtle soup +200HP
    3x HP atmas
    Cruor buff 4/4

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/1875/mnkhp.jpg

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/4113/mnkhpabyssea.jpg

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Isn't there a HP+% cape that MNK can wear that would give a higher max?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Don Kamikaze
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Happy egg should give +1%.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

There is no better cape and happy egg is much worse then Verthandi's Gem ( egg gives +26HP Gem 30-93 depending on buffs )

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Don Kamikaze
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Atoreis View Post
    There is no better cape and happy egg is much worse then Verthandi's Gem ( egg gives +26HP Gem 30-93 depending on buffs )
    Both being better than no ammo slot.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Strendu Cape is 110 HP.

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

MNK can't wear Strendu.