Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 108 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

This is by new favorite job, started playing again with the intention to get Masamune and gear sam about a month ago. This is how far I've got! Suggestions are always welcome.

TP

+2 Body sucks to get, that's a pyrosoul ring and I will probably buy a Mar's Ring soon if I can find one, Neck I am pretty lost on given I do not like the 10% DT on Rancors for what I do and I don't do voidwatch for the QA neck.

WS

Working on +2 feet and Moonshade Earring.

PDT

Probably my most incomplete set, need to grab the mantle from Quetzalli, some form of PDT Hands/Legs/Feet, and finish my Dark Rings (Both are +5).

MDT

I've been meaning to buy Avalon but am not sure if I should given the fact that a -7% DT piece came out with this update.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Don Kamikaze
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Wouldn't using hachiryu legs for WS be better? If it is a question of sTP could always TP in the new sTP ring and swap it for WS.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsyke View Post
    Wouldn't using hachiryu legs for WS be better? If it is a question of sTP could always TP in the new sTP ring and swap it for WS.
    Yeah augmented Shura+1 can get up to STR+12 I believe which would make them the best, with Hachiryu as the second best. If I ever get the 10m or whatever hachiryu go for now a days I would probably get them.

can anyone point me in the direction of a good Brovura tp build? just came back =D

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Anklespanker View Post
    can anyone point me in the direction of a good Brovura tp build? just came back =D
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o...234rwefaef.png

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Falaras View Post
    This is by new favorite job, started playing again with the intention to get Masamune and gear sam about a month ago. This is how far I've got! Suggestions are always welcome.

TP

+2 Body sucks to get, that's a pyrosoul ring and I will probably buy a Mar's Ring soon if I can find one, Neck I am pretty lost on given I do not like the 10% DT on Rancors for what I do and I don't do voidwatch for the QA neck.

WS

PDT

Probably my most incomplete set, need to grab the mantle from Quetzalli, some form of PDT Hands/Legs/Feet, and finish my Dark Rings (Both are +5).

MDT

I've been meaning to buy Avalon but am not sure if I should given the fact that a -7% DT piece came out with this update.
    Your HP sucks!

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Here is my sets

Nothing OMG awsome but still

TP
    http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/231800

Should be doing DM Friday for suppa
    Any Better ring then sniper until i find an Epona's ring?
    Also i got +1 feet seals just need NQ feet hehe

WS set

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/231801

Looks gimp i know hehe

Looking for a good Feet choice

evasion

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/231802

Tghat's what i got until i can get better ra/ex stuff.

(earring planning Musical/Ethereal when available)

Thanks for the tips

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Could use Charis shoes +2 over pink boots, or lithe until you get +2 for weapon skills.

I'd also use +1/2 shoes over dusk for TP

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    DNC Stuff
    Keen over snipers inside for TP, can quest a Jupiter's with +attack on it for WS. Rancor for WS and probably an attack earring as well. Also what Matt said, and the obvious +1/2 upgrades.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Like i said i just need NQ boots lol i got +1 seals already

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

For your evasion set, torero torque is a nice piece. I tend to just use Epona's/Rajas for my rings, and for earrings Brutal/Ethereal.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

TP

WS

PDT

MDT

Is that even a true 6 hit?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Should be, still looks a bit confused though for a 6-hit.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kalasin View Post
    Should be, still looks a bit confused though for a 6-hit.
    17.8 TP a hit. 15.7 a WS. Easy six hit with room to spare. What looks confusing about it?

Just came back a few months ago after not playing for a couple years. I don't really know any big shells around the server anymore for people who I can talk to for advice on gear, this is what I'm currently using on my rng.

TP:
    http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/Mrdudee/tp.png
    Feet is nq AF2, didn't realize I had strider's on, planning on using +2 feet once I finish them, RNG cape from abyssea, Buccaneer's belt, Brave Grip
    Inside Jishnu:
    http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...dee/JISHNU.png
    Cavaros mantle

Need to pick up a few more racc pieces before I post a barrage set. Just recently found out about the hidden effect on Rancor, definitely picking one up asap (Rancor vs Gorget for ws?), also curious about a augmented Haidate vs Af3+2 (when in true shot range, of course). My shell (group of 4-5) is moving outside of abyssea soon, so if I could get suggestions on an outside set, that'd be great!

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Oneiros Knife is the best Jishnu's main weapon, crit dmg +10%

TP: I think Sylvan neck is a better TP piece, Bellona's is crap cus you can just use a STR ring now or STP if needed.
    WS: WS DMG+2% Head is far better, with +2% crit damage also. Augmented Seiryu's Kote with crit rate beat Hachiryu inside, probably outside too.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

17.8 TP a hit. 15.7 a WS. Easy six hit with room to spare. What looks confusing about it?
    Would need to know merits of course, but if he has Store TP merited at all this would be 16.8 TP a WS and 18.4 TP a hit. In that case you can at the very least switch out the body for something better, would be better if the entire set was changed probably but again, depends on merits and other gear available to them.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

what's ideal masa tp set then (not taking rose strap into consideration)

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kalasin View Post
    Would need to know merits of course, but if he has Store TP merited at all this would be 16.8 TP a WS and 18.4 TP a hit. In that case you can at the very least switch out the body for something better, would be better if the entire set was changed probably but again, depends on merits and other gear available to them.
    I have 5/5 STP merits and would love a nice alternative to body for TP if you could recommend some. Would make me not feel as bad for lacking +2 body and it looks pretty silly in my opinion. The only one I can really think of is Ace's Mail and drop Ace's feet for +2 but Ace's Mail isn't really possible for me to get at least at the moment. If you wanted to change the entire set how would you set it up? As far as I know what I am using is pretty much a normal set for Masamune users except for Ace's gloves, Ganeshas/Rancors Neck, and maybe a different ring like Mars or the MP merits one.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

If you wanted to keep your set as it is right now(ish) with 6hit, Juogi isn't that expensive anymore right now and the DA and Crit on it would do more than the attack/skill on Af3+1 body for TP I imagine.