Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 108 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So for MND based enfeebles I don't want Enfeebling magic? I have an errant body already for hMP so that isn't a problem. Just making sure I understand, MND based enfeebles = All MND and INT based enfeebles = All enfeebling magic and INT where I can't fit that?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Finished my WHM to 75(80) last night. Just setting up my finished gear sets now, I miss anything obvious?

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...o/f88c3556.png

1. Idle-Need Serp. boots for day idle, fuck Brooder etc.
    2. Cure5-Needs more belt cape and another MND+6 ring. Augurs.
    3. Stoneskin-Think this set is solid, blocked staff is Terra.
    4. Holy-Main thing I wanted advice on, I have no clue how to gear for this spell. Ear2 is a -o forgot to label.
    5. Repose-Thinking I may want to drop some accuracy for haste here? Divine Toque worth it?
    6. Slow- Need belt cape and more Augur's. =(

Not posting other sets, hardly worth the 20 seconds in MS paint to crop.

Edit: Pretend G. Chaps are Teal. <.<

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Not unless you are getting heavily resisted, which for most things you generally won't with capped skills. The MND is for the potency on the enfeebles and still gives some MACC. If you are getting a lot of resists you can switch in gear to accommodate that, specific ele staff instead of club+shield or af body or af2 hat (most common swap for resists). Yeah for INT based things use skill/macc/int, gravity or bind, blind etc. Silence I tend to use skill/macc as well.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fred Gimyajan
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesio View Post
    http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e36/godsmacky/RDM.png
    1.Idle
    2.Nuke
    3.Enfeeb
    Probably more suitable for random fail. Literally got this from 40-78 in the course of 2 days, by opening keys for a couple Abyssea runs, so I know nothing about the job...

Notes: Working on Ele and Enfeeb torque, INT and MND rings, INT and MND earrings, moldy, all that fun stuff, have about 3mil of stuff that is waiting to sell on AH so that shouldn't be a problem, I also have a pseudo haste build to cut down timers on refresh and haste. More just curious about what obvious upgrades, and minor side upgrades. Once I finish capping skills (gogo besieged) I should hopefully be a little more better.

Also: What merits should I be looking at? I am assuming I will just use this for soloing if that makes a difference. Try not to rip me apart to much.
    My pre-50 RDM had more gearsets than that.

Idle:
    Refresh, Regen, -damage taken gear, etc.

Nuke:
    Wut? Ele torque/Lmg. Medallion, go for moldavite earring and an INT+2 earring, go for something better in the hands slot, get INT rings, I assume that back is Hecate's, I assume the legs are teal, try for something better on the feet.

Enfeebling:
    You need more than 1 enfeebling set. Have one for Slow/Para (potency), and another for overall accuracy (magic acc/enfeebling skill/MND), one for black magic based enfeebles (magic acc/enfeebling skill/INT).

Get a hMP set. Get dark skill gear for Bio 3, get an Auster's Staff, etc. Have a fast cast build. I could go on, but I'll stop there.

Merits for soloing.. I'm not much of a soloist but:
    Max ice magic accuracy (Bind) and Convert. Max Bio 3. Other than that, I'd merit based on what anyone else says or has said.

Finished my WHM to 75(80) last night. Just setting up my finished gear sets now, I miss anything obvious?

4. Holy-Main thing I wanted advice on, I have no clue how to gear for this spell. Ear2 is a -o forgot to label.
    5. Repose-Thinking I may want to drop some accuracy for haste here? Divine Toque worth it?

1. Looks fine.
    2. I'd go for MND+ 2 ammo. Try for an Orison Cape, not a Sunbeam belt if I read that right. I assume the belt's the MND+7 belt from Abyssea, after reading the "+7".
    3. You've got capped stoneskin from the looks of it, it's solid.
    4. I'm honestly in the same boat there. My idea was MND and MAB also.
    5. Repose is pretty accurate as it is. I'd drop some acc for haste depending on the situation.
    6. Holy crap that's a lot of MND.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Soloing i'd recommend bio3 5/5 and slow2 5/5.
    Don't do this. Bio is a waste of merits, unless you do absolutely nothing but solo (and even then it's pretty meh. an extra 2/tic dot doesn't really mean much, unless all of your damage is coming from dots, which makes you a failure as a soloist, and you shouldn't be meriting for solo). Para2 5/5 is far more useful than an extra 4% slow potency, and really it's kind of silly to put more than 1 merit in slow2, since the extra 4% potency isn't nearly enough to actually lower damage taken except while blood tanking (what with any gimp slow being more than enough to constantly have utsu up anyway).

And seriously, i refuse to believe your ah doesn't have bugard grip+1, errant body, int or mnd rings, errant cuffs, or any of the other 50 dirt cheap items you need. Don't post your gear here if you haven't even thought about putting a tiny bit of effort into it.

I thought 5 slow2, 4 bio3 and 1 dia3 were the way to go post Accession.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

These jobs I'm not sure what I should be aiming for so:
    Merits - Sword 8/8 Dagger 8/8 Elemental/Enfeebling 8/8 so I have no room for Blue Magic.

BLU:

I was gearing this before the update but afterwards I ended up neglecting it so I'm a bit lost as to what I need for this now. Edit: Realise my neck isn't changing but I have soil gorget and Kubira beads, I have morgana I can use for MHammer/Cure - used to be promise but I tossed when I got RDM +8 neck.

DNC:

Newest level 80 job, redid my MKD hat for it - STR/CHR+4 Waltz-2 WSAcc+15. The Athame I'm working on hasn't reached the branch for OAT/OA2-3 but I am leaning more towards OAT. Anyone have a link to a good evasion set for DNC, I might be able to spare the inventory for it

Looking for any input on both jobs I know some things that I'm missing but just list anything you can think of. Some of the macros haven't been updated so if you see gear in one set that would work in the other if you could point that out aswell that would be helpful.

Also I feel I should put this here aswell:

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Fredjan View Post
    1. Looks fine.
    2. I'd go for MND+ 2 ammo. Try for an Orison Cape, not a Sunbeam belt if I read that right. I assume the belt's the MND+7 belt from Abyssea, after reading the "+7".
    3. You've got capped stoneskin from the looks of it, it's solid.
    4. I'm honestly in the same boat there. My idea was MND and MAB also.
    5. Repose is pretty accurate as it is. I'd drop some acc for haste depending on the situation.
    6. Holy crap that's a lot of MND.
    Totally forgot Rabbit cape existed, I was thinking of the Sunbeam Belt( back piece). Thanks.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by fredjanx View Post
    I thought 5 slow2, 4 bio3 and 1 dia3 were the way to go post Accession.
    No para2 is kind of fail. I know it's not always useful due to immunities, or high mp cost, but when you do use it, it's amazingly useful.

Not sure why anyone bothers with bio3. Dot damage is typically a very small portion of your damage, so an extra 12% dot is pretty negligible.

And as far as slow2 goes, the extra 4 potency over 1 merit really doesn't do much/any good. A mob getting x more attacks off in y time does NOT mean you get hit x more times, and because we have 2 separate recast timers for utsu, it is unlikely to ever cause you to get hit more than you would have been with just one slow2 merit.

Firmament +1 for Cannonball
    Tumbler Trunks for Vorpal Blade and Dancing Edge
    Heafoc Mitts for anything you'd be using Alky Brac.
    Warwolf Belt for Expiacion
    Also, a Promise badge for that MND setup

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Mazmaz View Post
    Boy you sure put the constructive in "constructive criticism".
    Wanna post something that's not useless now?
    Why so mad? I wasn't even talking to you.

(Are you in the new Volume? Everyone in Volume seems to think they're more important than they are. This may have been the cause of the confusion.)

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Both: Get Rajas.

BLU: Enkidu's Leggings are very useful, and a pair of Tumbler Trunks would be an improvment to your WS builds. You can probably afford to TP in Morrigan's Robe and should do so whenever possible, as it's the most efficient acc->damage trade we get in a non-haste slot. Tiercel and/or Acubens when applicable, along with Sharpeye Mantle. I'd actually look at Fierce or better yet Anguinus for WS sets over Potent (and Warwolf honestly), though if you need the acc I'd instead go Virtuoso->Anguinus. Think Fredjan covered everything else.

DNC: Thew Bomblet and/or Lucky Coin, AF hands for steps, and I'd probably go ahead and ditch Joyeuse since the high delay and (situationally) low skill will reduce its benefits with respect to TP gain.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by rog View Post
    Don't do this. Bio is a waste of merits, unless you do absolutely nothing but solo (and even then it's pretty meh. an extra 2/tic dot doesn't really mean much, unless all of your damage is coming from dots, which makes you a failure as a soloist, and you shouldn't be meriting for solo). Para2 5/5 is far more useful than an extra 4% slow potency, and really it's kind of silly to put more than 1 merit in slow2, since the extra 4% potency isn't nearly enough to actually lower damage taken except while blood tanking (what with any gimp slow being more than enough to constantly have utsu up anyway).

And seriously, i refuse to believe your ah doesn't have bugard grip+1, errant body, int or mnd rings, errant cuffs, or any of the other 50 dirt cheap items you need. Don't post your gear here if you haven't even thought about putting a tiny bit of effort into it.

quick question then, post accession what are the basic merits that I should get for an "all around rdm" etc etc? I can use to solo or help with ls events. I'm thinking 1/5 dia3 5/5 vert, 5/5 para2, but not sure about what else.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Limlight View Post
    quick question then, post accession what are the basic merits that I should get for an "all around rdm" etc etc? I can use to solo or help with ls events. I'm thinking 1/5 dia3 5/5 vert, 5/5 para2, but not sure about what else.
    5 ice. 1 slow, and then do something like 2 dia3, 2 phalanx2 (phalanx2 is NOT useless, what with 2 min stratagems and all, though obviously it is a little less useful since you can accession it (though it's rarely worth it) and pld has native phalanxd), or else just 2-3 dia3, and the rest in slow.

I've got 2 dia3, 5 para, 1 slow, 2 phalanx my self, and i'm happy with it. Only thing i'd even consider changing is dropping 1 phalanx for another dia, but meh one minute is usually long enough, and mp is rarely an issue for fights that last longer than that, so recasting it isn't much of an issue.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Xera View Post

No roundel? There aren't any comparable alternatives for the ear slot, so I highly recommend picking one up. There's a few odd things with your cure set... And, of course, you need to utilize your AF better. Nothing major I see other than that from a quick look over.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xera View Post

Repose: Divine Earring, Divine Torque. Repose isn't resisted often with capped skill, you could switch legs/feet/head to blessed and walahra. Probably even that Witch Sash to Swift Belt. I personally repose in full haste build (Walahra, Goliard, Blessed 3/5, Swift Belt, and Apollo's Staff) and still get minimal resists.

As for the stoneskin build; you could sacrifice some of the PDT armor for haste. And if you use spellcast you could just switch to full +haste before the spell goes off with MND in other slots, allowing you to maintain capped stoneskin with the lowest possible recast.. I'm able to stoneskin in full haste and capricorn staff with x2 mnd rings, reign grip, ajari necklace, aslan cape with light arts active.

I don't use cure5 much as WHM. Do you have a Cure 1-3 and a Cure 4 build? I'm sure you have the different gearswaps for it, just curious.

Also: hMP build? I'm sure you have one, just curious to see it.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Clerix View Post
    I don't use cure5 much as WHM. Do you have a Cure 1-3 and a Cure 4 build? I'm sure you have the different gearswaps for it, just curious.

Also: hMP build? I'm sure you have one, just curious to see it.
    You use cure 4, but you don't use cure 5? I don't understand this at all.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by solanis View Post
    You use cure 4, but you don't use cure 5? I don't understand this at all.
    There are rare times where I will use a cure4, but typically I stick to cure3 since it's usually all that's needed. I do use Cure 5, but it's usually wasted mp unless in Abyssea after like Mantle Pierce or something...

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

much appreciated for the info

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Cairthenn View Post
    Why so mad? I wasn't even talking to you.

(Are you in the new Volume? Everyone in Volume seems to think they're more important than they are. This may have been the cause of the confusion.)
    Sorry. I thought you were calling me a moron without telling me what I was doing wrong.

Yes, I am.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 108 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast