+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 108 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
    I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

Do they really need to point out why? Think the evidence from this page and last is pretty sufficient.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

ITT: People more concerned with talking shit than evaluating people's gear choices. I suppose that's nothing new though!

I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

ITT: backseat moding
    ftfy

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by solanis View Post
    No roundel? There aren't any comparable alternatives for the ear slot, so I highly recommend picking one up. There's a few odd things with your cure set... And, of course, you need to utilize your AF better. Nothing major I see other than that from a quick look over.
    Planning on getting a Roundel if I can manage to find one at a normal price.

How would I utilize AF better? Am I missing something? All 5 pieces are shit for the the builds I posted, arguably legs over Nashira. No +1 yet obviously, if that's what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Clerix View Post
    Repose: Divine Earring, Divine Torque. Repose isn't resisted often with capped skill, you could switch legs/feet/head to blessed and walahra. Probably even that Witch Sash to Swift Belt. I personally repose in full haste build (Walahra, Goliard, Blessed 3/5, Swift Belt, and Apollo's Staff) and still get minimal resists.
    Yea what I was thinking, it's fairly hard for me right now to judge my resist rate since my skill is so far from cap and I do get resists. =(

As for the stoneskin build; you could sacrifice some of the PDT armor for haste. And if you use spellcast you could just switch to full +haste before the spell goes off with MND in other slots, allowing you to maintain capped stoneskin with the lowest possible recast.. I'm able to stoneskin in full haste and capricorn staff with x2 mnd rings, reign grip, ajari necklace, aslan cape with light arts active.
    More or less what I was aiming for there, will probably swap a few things around.

I don't use cure5 much as WHM. Do you have a Cure 1-3 and a Cure 4 build? I'm sure you have the different gearswaps for it, just curious.
    I do, it's nothing special since I don't carry that much extra gear for it due to space issues. Will use Serp combo whenever the ass puts out.

Code:
                <set name="Cure4" baseset="Cure5">
                    <head>Nashira Turban</head>
                    <rring>Trooper's ring</rring>
                    <lear>Loquac. Earring</lear>
                    <hands>Marduk's dastanas</hands>
                    <waist>Theta Sash</waist>
                </set>
    Also: hMP build? I'm sure you have one, just curious to see it.
    Code:
                <set name="hMP" BaseSet="Idle">
                    <main>$DarkStaff</main>
                    <waist>Qiqirn Sash +1</waist>
                    <body>mahatma houppelande</body>
                    <head>Goliard chapeau</head>
                    <legs>Yigit Seraweels</legs>
                    <rear>Relaxing Earring</rear>
                    <lear>Antivenom Earring</lear>
                    <neck>Grandiose Chain</neck>
                    <feet>Goliard Clogs</feet>
                </set>

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xera View Post
    Planning on getting a Roundel if I can manage to find one at a normal price.

How would I utilize AF better? Am I missing something? All 5 pieces are shit for the the builds I posted, arguably legs over Nashira. No +1 yet obviously, if that's what you mean.

Yea what I was thinking, it's fairly hard for me right now to judge my resist rate since my skill is so far from cap and I do get resists. =(

More or less what I was aiming for there, will probably swap a few things around.

I do, it's nothing special since I don't carry that much extra gear for it due to space issues. Will use Serp combo whenever the ass puts out.

Code:
                <set name="Cure4" baseset="Cure5">
                    <head>Nashira Turban</head>
                    <rring>Trooper's ring</rring>
                    <lear>Loquac. Earring</lear>
                    <hands>Marduk's dastanas</hands>
                    <waist>Theta Sash</waist>
                </set>
    Code:
                <set name="hMP" BaseSet="Idle">
                    <main>$DarkStaff</main>
                    <body>mahatma houppelande</body>
                    <head>Goliard chapeau</head>
                    <legs>Yigit Seraweels</legs>
                    <rear>Relaxing Earring</rear>
                    <lear>Antivenom Earring</lear>
                    <neck>Grandiose Chain</neck>
                    <feet>Goliard Clogs</feet>
                </set>

in my opinion, nashira turban is shit. Get a raven beret, they're like 20k? that would be good for Cure1-4. Blessed Hands, I think, would be better than Marduk's Dastanas for Cure 1-4 as well; but I'm not entirely sure on that.

Improvements for hMP: star rings, invigorating cape, if you think the inventory space is worth the extra hMP.

Since you have spellcast, you could possibly write a rule with repose under arts and repose not under arts. Repose under arts would be full haste, and repose lacking light arts would be stacked up MACCs.

Edit: I'm curious, could you PM me your Spellcast? I was looking at the ones on Windower's website and none of them have what I need. I typically force medicine ring before each cure. I'm not knowledgeable enough in spellcast to do such things.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Clerix View Post
    in my opinion, nashira turban is shit. Get a raven beret, they're like 20k? that would be good for Cure1-4. Blessed Hands, I think, would be better than Marduk's Dastanas for Cure 1-4 as well; but I'm not entirely sure on that.
    It's more of an inventory thing rather than price, I already carry the head for Black Magic based enfeebs and Dark Magic. Hand wise, blessed offers Haste where as Marduk offers more -enmity. Depends on the fight which would be more beneficial, either way both choices are borderline impossible to eyeball a difference so I went with the -enmity. Actually, needs more Augur's.

Improvements for hMP: star rings, invigorating cape, if you think the inventory space is worth the extra hMP.
    Yea there's plenty of room for improvement there, Walk Of Echoes gear being the main one. Again, more of a space issue/Walking to the AH, I mean it's obvious what pieces have more hMP than others when making the set.

Since you have spellcast, you could possibly write a rule with repose under arts and repose not under arts. Repose under arts would be full haste, and repose lacking light arts would be stacked up MACCs.
    Meh, Arts are always up outside of Salvage which is the main place it doesn't matter.

Edit: I'm curious, could you PM me your Spellcast? I was looking at the ones on Windower's website and none of them have what I need. I typically force medicine ring before each cure. I'm not knowledgeable enough in spellcast to do such things.
    I can in a few, it's nothing special though. Still trying to figure out what to carry on me and what not to, and simplify rules. It's a bit messy, least by my standards. <_<

As far as Med ring, can't you just precast your HP down? Depending on what HP- pieces, it shouldn't overlap with any Fast/Cure Cast.

Also if you don't want to precast it for every spell, you can simply make separate Precast sets.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/167312 (Use this for your BLU; change the sword to DA%+STR Sword)

You use a staff for cannonball.

Edit: I did 2Dia/5Slow/3Para.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Why Iota ring lol

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

You can replace it with another ACC ring (Read: BETTER), but you need one regardless. If you're using sushi, you'll hit 330ish ACC with that set (Assuming it's 16% increase). If you're using pizza, it's roughly 419ACC and that does include ACC traits + 8 Sword merits.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Yeah it's a good set, was just wondering why the ring when better choices out there. Hm, all that acc really needed if you using sushi? Most things I fight on my BLU, don't really need a ton of acc if tping. @Pants and back piece. Higher end stuff like abyssea or walk of echo's I could see it though, but not really for dyna/ein/salvage/limbus etc.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Well the ACC values are there for you to see. To give you a comparison (Or a scale I suppose), you need roughly 407 ACC for Colibri, 425 ACC for Mamools, 430 ACC for trolls, and 450 ACC for Odin. This obviously is only true at 75 (80 needs less due to level correction). In other words, you probably will cap ACC in old content areas (Barring exceptions like Dyn-Xarc) if using Pizza with that set. However, as you mentioned, it likely won't meet the demands of Abyssea and since that is the direction of the game, it's best to gear accordingly.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/8...0903193842.png

PDT Set obviously, am I missing anything? Gripes, groans, suggestions..all welcome; thanks.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

ring?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I don't know if you're asking what ring that is or naming a ring which I should know by name. But it's a jelly and merman's ring.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Issah Grimes
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Goddamnit I hate campaign.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

yeah I meant another -PDT ring. Dark ring augmented in Konschat abyssea or Patronus or defending (lol)

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

lol@defending, I'll take my chances with abyssea...I can't stomach too much campaign :\ Thank you everyone for the comments.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Issah Grimes
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Start an abyssea party and snake an augmented dark ring

edit: im too slow

Could probably get one of these too?

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...326_022014.jpg

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Yeah, if you really wanna go all out or to replace a piece could try for augmented orochi nodowa -2% pdt I know I saw it somewhere from sky augment.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 108 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast