BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 108 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 ... LastLast
    King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Airenn View Post
    Ok, terrible, Rara. Just terrible. Might as well quit now.

But welcome back and COR shit for you:

Wildfire: REaver Grip +1, Pandinus Beret, Alruna's Gloves, Ambusher's Hose, get the FUCK out of that Mirke and get Tessera, Athos' or Loki's. (T > A > L), Svet Belt. You might have some of those in that pic, just mentioning them anyway.

Neo Thaumus Head, Hands and Legs will replace those three eventually.

For Last Stand, I'd just stack all AGI up in there.
    I was under the impression mirke>lokis, was i told wrong?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Cairthenn View Post
    Unless I'm missing something, that in no way shows that it doesn't apply to all natural hits of a WS, which is the current conclusion.

It applied to the main hit on the one hit WS(which we already knew), but not the offhand hit gained as a result of it being a H2H WS.
    I dont remember Last Stand being a h2h ws, presuming you're talking about WS Damage stat mod.

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/108...=1#post5230788

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Oh you already did that didn't you
    All I'm hearing is "I was doing the general 'it's the internet so I can be a dick for no reason" thing without reason, and after being called out on it, not being able to justify myself, am spouting some kind of lame bullshit to try and appear the victor".

You are just doing the standard "being a dick because it's the internet and so I can". Usually this stems from having some kind of built up anger. I'd recommend seeing a therapist.

(Yes, that was a passive-aggressive way of telling you to stop being a dick for no reason.)

woops wrong section nvm >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Aurara View Post
    I was under the impression mirke>lokis, was i told wrong?
    Mirke>6.5
    Lokis>5.5
    Athos>7.5

Dude below is right, had to actually look at post from him.

I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

With the formula you just posted Mirke would only be 6.5 MAB given it only has 5 AGI, Math is hard though.

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

So got a bit of free time next couple months, looking to ungimp my char over the summer a bit, need some advice:

BST (Idle, Ruin, TP, Rend, Reward)
    Spoiler: show

Have a 99 OAT but nothing decent for mainhand when I don't need pet pdt.

BLM (Idle, Nuke, Enfeeb, Stun, Dark, SS, hMP)

Haven't needed a acc set since Abyssea, but seem to be lacking for one with higher tier voidwatch stuff now. Still have hMP and other stuff just cuz thou >.>

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

@ your bst set: i know a lot of people will probably disagree with me, but i absolutely love Ocelomeh Headpiece+1 for tp/idle. the 2tp/tick regen is fantastic for bst soloing, as you're inevitably going to get hit with a few things, especially if you do dynamis with it. On top of the dex, agi, haste, etc etc.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    @ your bst set: i know a lot of people will probably disagree with me, but i absolutely love Ocelomeh Headpiece+1 for tp/idle. the 2tp/tick regen is fantastic for bst soloing, as you're inevitably going to get hit with a few things, especially if you do dynamis with it. On top of the dex, agi, haste, etc etc.
    I agree with this if you're not tping in a pet haste set. If you already have it because of your other jobs, might as well get as much mileage out of it as you can.

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Athas View Post
    So got a bit of free time next couple months, looking to ungimp my char over the summer a bit, need some advice:
    BLM:

Idle: Dark Rings, Refresh pin from abys-Konsch - take as long as sanity allows. Also MDT/MDB shouldn't be ignored, look into doing a MDB magian, getting a shadow ring, etc.
    Nuke: Nares all but legs, on the more realistic side, Ombre Tathlum
    Nuke-MAcc: Goetia Cape
    Nuke-EnmDown: Esp for long fights where melee keep dying, sometimes worth novia, not using searing. If you get nares, back to af3+2 head/feet for this.
    Enfeeb: Portent Pants, inv+1 since you can remove w/e those are and also af1+1 legs in darkmagic set.
    Dark: Zelus Tiara over Walahra, Appentance/Striga Crown for drain/aspir, Merciful cape
    SS: Can almost cap naked now, keep the gorget and waist but otherwise don't need a *lot* of that mnd gear.
    Resting: Goetia+2's refresh is stronger than 6hmp on mahatma, Refresh pin from konsch if you get one.
    Fastcast: Anhur Robe and getting more/all Magian-I staves. Magavan/Repartie mitts unlikely to be worth the inv space, but imo neither are loq, prolix, and rostrums.

Is a few spots where nares will make more sense if that's viable for you - enfeeb body, idle legs(get gaiters), resting legs, resting hands.

Formerly Armani
    BG Level

Asking for a friend of mine

My friend is asking, he just recently got Maat's cap and he would like to know what would be a normal(no so hard to get items) TP & WS gear sets for LVL 99 BST, DNC, RNG, WHM, BRD, PUP, SCH, & SMN.

Just normal af3/salvage/af1/af2 gears and macro's, nothing ELITE.

If anybody can give me a link to posted gears on ffxiah or your own, would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Experimenting more with DRG gear, still using Chauve-Souris at the moment and fiddling with sets to try and maximize my overall damage. Seeing 1kish Stardivers on Qilin (mind you, this was sans food, and only buffs were Hasso/Stalwart's/Braver's) really made me question if I'm performing to my best standards.

Couple of things I was considering, and I wanted to ask regarding these gear sets to see if they would be better/worse than I have now. Some of these are speculation as I'm still missing a few gear pieces here and there for TP (Ganesha's Mala, etc) so bear with me:

Current
    OAT99/Pole Grip/Empty/Thew Bomblet
    Lancer's+2/Portus/Brutal/Ethereal
    Lancer's+2/Dusk+1/Rajas/Tyrant's
    Atheling/Goading/Phorcys/Lancers+2

Ofc I know I can improve a few slots; Ethereal to Gillie+1, Portus to Mala, Dusk+1 to Brego possibly. But this is for an idea of what I'm doing, sets me at 5-hit with capped haste. A bit over 20 TP per hit.

Current Weapon Skill Set (Stardiver)
    OAT99/Pole Grip/Empty/Thew Bomblet
    Twilight/Shadow Gorget/Triumph/Brutal
    Lancer's+2/Lancer's+2/Rajas/Tyrant's
    Atheling/Shadow Belt/Lancers+2/Heca+1 feet (STR+2/Atk+5 aug)

This is to help maintain my true 5-hit, assuming that most of my hits from Stardiver land. DRG has a ton of accuracy so I go on the assumption that I get these hits in.

However, I was thinking about seeing if I could improve my STP in my TP set so that I can adjust my Stardiver WS set to be pure damage while maintaining my 5-hit build. My calculations for TP could possibly be wrong, so please feel free to tell me if this is wrong.

Proposed TP Set
    OAT99/Rose/Empty/Hagneia Stone
    Lancer's+2/Houyi's/Brutal/Gillie+1
    Lancer's+2/Brego/Rajas/Tyrant's
    Atheling/Goading/Phorcys/Lancer's+2

This setup gives me +41 STP, or +56 while /SAM. With that, I calculated TP like so:

13.81 (base TP/hit) x 1.56 (STP) = 21.5 TP/hit x 4 = 86 for four hits.

This means I need 14 TP from Stardiver (or Drakes, if I use that), and I'd use a full damage set. If I'm /SAM and WS in no STP gear, I should be getting 13.81 x 1.15 = 15.8 TP/hit assuming only the base hit lands. And with extra hits I can get a little TP overflow in case of a miss or two. My first round of TP beforehand suffers slightly, meaning I need one extra hit until my first WS. My proposed Stardiver set would be:

Proposed Stardiver Set
    OAT99/Rose/Empty/Thew Bomblet
    Twilight/Shadow Gorget/Brutal/Triumph (or better STR+earring)
    Phorcys/Lancer's+2/Pyrosoul/Pyrosoul
    Atheling/Shadow Belt/Lancer's+2/Heca+1 feet.

Alternatively, Drakesbane:

Proposed Drakesbane Set
    OAT99/Rose/Empty/Thew Bomblet
    Twilight/Justiciar/Brutal/Triumph
    Phorcys/Lancer's+2/Rajas/Pyrosoul
    Rancorous/Anguinus/Lancer's+2/Hecatomb+1

Can I get opinions on this? Looking to see if I can't enhance my overall damage through WS a bit if possible. If this hurts me more than it helps (more loss of TP damage etc than gain via WS), it'd help to know too.

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

TP Bonus Moonshade, Mekira-oto/+1, and Phorcys Mitts for your Stardiver set off the top of my head.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

My Moonshade is taken for my mages with Refresh, though I've considered switching it over; I so rarely have MP issues these days. So I'll consider changing it. As for Phorcys Hands/Mekira-Oto that makes sense... I forgot to add the head in, been too poor for too long and stopped considering it. xD

But in general, would that be reasonable to switch to a higher STP set for TP and then a full-damage set for WS? Would it make enough difference on my overall damage to be worth it?

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kensagaku View Post
    Proposed TP Set
    OAT99/Rose/Empty/Hagneia Stone
    Lancer's+2/Houyi's/Brutal/Gillie+1
    Lancer's+2/Brego/Rajas/Tyrant's
    Atheling/Goading/Phorcys/Lancer's+2
    Phorcy's Head, Ganesha's Mala, Rancorous Mantle, Bullwhip/Phos/+1, Lancer's Hands +2.

53STP, 21.1TP/hit. Can WS in anything

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm convinced that's the ideal set as well. In the event that you somehow obtain the new fork over the line of others who want it for the looks/as an item for a job they never play, the same set again returns 21.1 TP/swing despite the lower delay due to the extra 5 store tp. That's assuming the fork is better, which I'm not sure is set in stone.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Once I get the one atmacite I need to lv15, then I will work on different sets for when I am doing vwnm and abyssea etc. Phorcy's is a little out of reach at the moment and I guess I could get oto+1 but I should probably wait til I fill out other slots. Fracas grenade is never on AH

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Decided to rework my hit build on RNG.

This gives 54 sTP, 25.7 tp/hit
    I am debating to switch the head to Brisk Mask and the neck to Rancor Collar.

Coronach set. Need one more Vulcan's Pearl.

Last Stand set. I think this is pretty much done. TP Bonus Moonshade and Sylvan Earring.

If I did the math right it should put me at a 4hit including regain from atmacite and Monarch's.

I would love to hear any suggestions!

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Can someone post/suggest typical cookiecutter sets for TP/WS/Spells/etc for BLU to start me off on, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Aja View Post
    I recently did Empy Gun for kicks and now want to actually get some use out of it or RNG, issue is i havent played RNG in years so I would love some advice.

Would the above TP set work for Empy Gun(some of the items i know some I dont, can i get names)

WS set for WF, and what other sets would RNG care about?

Any info would be great. Thank you for your time.