Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 108 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I messed up that calculation. I forgot to tack on the random bit of pDIF and the level correction.

This only applies to TP damage.

If you have a lot more STR and attack than the monster has VIT and DEF, nefarious collar will increase melee damage by 5.16%. If you have such low STR that your fSTR is negative, and if your attack compared to the monsters VIT/DEF, taking into account level correction, is so low that your pDIF->0 nefarious collar will increase melee damage by either 7.69% or ~16 % depending on whether melee damage is rounded up above .5 or just floored... I'm not sure which is true.

Those are the very extreme upper and lower values.

That's what I got, anyway.

It's probably important to note that I've assumed you have capped dDEX and full critical hit rate merits. In the opposite extreme, where your DEX is absolute garbage and dDEX is at it's minimum value, nefarious collar adds at most 30% and at least .24% (low,high pDIF values).

Looking back, the highest values for percentage increase are the case where pDIF=0. This is the case where you wouldn't actually deal damage unless the hit was a critical. I'm not sure this is the best way to analyze this.

Also, these values are very dependent on where the rounding occurs in the formulas, which is something I'm not very sure about. I think pDIF rounds after three decimal points and damage either floors or rounds up at the very last step.

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

Ok, so I can assume that Nef collar will have to give an increase of at least around 9-10% during TP phase damage to beat Mala, which based on what you wrote sounds unlikely. So stickign with Mala seems like the sensible option.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Ok so recently came back to the game on a new account, leveling whm (heard that's pretty easy to level/gear in abysea).

I'm looking for advice on gear that's pretty easy to get? :X lol.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Cure IV
    Cure V+VI
    Enhancing Skill/Barspells

All relatively easy to get, most is bought off of the AH and the other pieces are off of easy NMs/easily upgraded empyrean armor. Swap out the Heka's Kalasiris with an augmented Facio doublet from Abyssea - Altepa/Grauberg/Uleguerand.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

For Barspells the Relic pants, relatively easy to get, are outstanding.

Also worth mentioning Solace up/down sets. That cureskin on +2 body is pretty awesome.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Forgot those pants existed. Derp. Wasn't too worried about listing Solace up/down sets just 'cause he wanted fast and easy to start with, regular old potency sets being sufficient in that regard.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Forgot those pants existed. Derp. Wasn't too worried about listing Solace up/down sets just 'cause he wanted fast and easy to start with, regular old potency sets being sufficient in that regard.
    Those pants are complete beast. And if you +2/Augment they become even more sexy. Truly a piece every serious WHM should have.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Browsed the last 20 or so pages looking for some good COR setups only to find the few links already broken. FFXIAH forums are pretty dead for corsair. Anyone mind posting their RTP, Wildfire, and misc sets? I decided to burn it up a few days ago, working on gearing it atm. Thanks

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Chocoboy View Post
    Browsed the last 20 or so pages looking for some good COR setups only to find the few links already broken. FFXIAH forums are pretty dead for corsair. Anyone mind posting their RTP, Wildfire, and misc sets? I decided to burn it up a few days ago, working on gearing it atm. Thanks
    Wait wait wait - you're playing again?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

My Dnc
    TP
    Spoiler: show

WS-Evis

For this one i know i need a different earring other then Supp but i can't flag the repeat odin quest for some reason.

WS- Rudra's

Any help to better myself is appreciated

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Chocoboy View Post
    Sets that I made a while ago, probably not the best, but close enough to be serviceable.

TP
    Snapshot
    Quick Draw
    Last Stand
    Wildfire

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Wouldn't AF1+1 Feet be better for TPing or going solely for racc?

Also, Alruna's Gloves for Wildfire, has +9 agi rather then +8 unless macc is needed? Not sure if it affects it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Azuark View Post
    My Dnc
    TP Set: Use AF3+2 body/head instead of Ocelo/Toci's in the TP phase (unless delay capped). Back is Atheling, I assume.

Evisc: Back should be Rancorous. Head could be Ocelomeh. I don't know what the Suppa looking thing is, but it should be an Attack/TP Bonus Moonshade ideally. Athos's Boots are an obvious improvement, and the hands or legs are pretty respectable too. You'll want to wear two pieces of Athos's for the set bonus (+3% Crit rate), but I'm not sure which two are best.

Rudra's: Athos's Tabard/boots/legs are obvious upgrades. Again, the earring. Back should be Atheling this time.

All sets: Lux isn't a very good offhand anymore. STR Thokchas are great.

As far as upgrades you can really control, Ocelomeh headpiece +1, offhand, moonshade, and potentially Rancorous Mantle are about the only ones I can really think of.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Thanks so much Byrth!

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Azuark View Post
    For this one i know i need a different earring other then Supp but i can't flag the repeat odin quest for some reason.
    So go buy a Merman's Earring off the AH? Hell a Beetle Earring would do more for Evis/Rudras than Suppa........

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    TP Set: Use AF3+2 body/head instead of Ocelo/Toci's in the TP phase (unless delay capped). Back is Atheling, I assume.

Evisc: Back should be Rancorous. Head could be Ocelomeh. I don't know what the Suppa looking thing is, but it should be an Attack/TP Bonus Moonshade ideally. Athos's Boots are an obvious improvement, and the hands or legs are pretty respectable too. You'll want to wear two pieces of Athos's for the set bonus (+3% Crit rate), but I'm not sure which two are best.

Rudra's: Athos's Tabard/boots/legs are obvious upgrades. Again, the earring. Back should be Atheling this time.

All sets: Lux isn't a very good offhand anymore. STR Thokchas are great.

As far as upgrades you can really control, Ocelomeh headpiece +1, offhand, moonshade, and potentially Rancorous Mantle are about the only ones I can really think of.
    Cuahutli+ 1 over Oce(+1) for evis...?

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

If you're gonna use Cua+1 then you may aswell stick with Aias. +1str/dex -6att and saves you 5mil which could undoubtedly be better spent elsewhere.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Eh, Cua +1 is better than Aias. Between upgrading to Ocelo -> Ocelo +1 and buying a Cua +1, I think he might as well buy an Ocelo +1 though. Set bonus is a bonus. The other thing to ask is "Where is the Exenterator set?" which would be the real reason I'd recommend Ocelo +1 over Cua +1.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

There is no Exten set because i just got back to the game and only get to play like 2-3 hours a day for right now so the only exp i get is from VWNM runs which is pretty much all i do I'll get working on that too lol

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Bringin' back the DRG discussion simply because with the 99 content (and me finally finishing my OAT lance to 99) I wanted to see where I could make major improvements. This is all my /SAM stuff; I have alterations for dropping to a 6-hit while I'm any other sub.

Idle:

Obvious changes: Forgot my Dark Rings, though could swap one for that regen ring that's out.

TP:

Obvious additions: Probably can change hands to another haste alternative. Currently a 5-hit build on the dot with /SAM, 20 TP/hit return, so I'd like not to change the STP gear. Grip is Rose, since it's ambiguous.

WS - Drakes:

This is the one I need the biggest help on. This is my outside build, which is why I have the crit+1 light earring, normally I use a Triumph Earring. I'm wondering if I should switch to Rancorous Mantle and then get a new neck, and if so what should I get? Also working on +1ing my Heca feet so that I can aug them for better results, and saving up for Mekira-Oto+1. The STP gear is also there for 5-hit.

WS - Other:

This one doesn't need as much help but it's a bonus still. This is for my non-Drakes WS and since I don't really want to count up STP for them (I'm mostly aiming to get my true 5-hit from Drakes) it's moreso for mods. Ignore the earring, forgot to change that back to Triumph. Considering Rheic+2 body v. Ace's Mail for things like Wheeling Thrust/Sonic Thrust. Don't have Stardiver merited, as my WS merit category is maxed out. My possibly inaccurate tests (Spirits Within naked at 300% TP and then same with +2 body) suggests a 3% WSD increase from +2 body.

Jumps:

Need help here as well. I know I need Ares body for the atk+, but what else do you guys suggest for improving slots? Looking to increase the damage where I can.

Pre Healing Breath:

Tossed Strendu Mantle before I made this set, regretted it since. This is my set to increase my HP as much as possible. At the moment it's +307 HP, which is a 153 HP higher healing breath trigger. It makes a difference. xD Prolly Ares body here for more HP? Really not sure on this.

Healing Breath:

Not bothering with Ostreger's Mitts. Working on Relic +2 feet atm, have the mats for +1 and just need to turn it in then pick up some steps.