Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 108 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

seeing how it was said 170 dec didnt cap ddex in VW imma stick with usu.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Counterfeit View Post
    This is my DRK with aftermath. http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/232834

I have 19% Double Attack while maintaining 26% haste. I've been trying to get +2% Double Attack, which would boost me to 20% DA, on my ebody with no success. I really want to make use of the AF3+2 set bonus equipment. I need a better ring I think. Also need to +2 my hands. Advice?

Should I try spamming the VW NM that drops Anger Bomblet?

If you are going to 6hit, switch to a sword strap, it will do far more damage for you then pole grip. The set bonus isn't good, don't gear with it in mind.

Here is my 5hit
    http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/225765

Here is my 6hit
    http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/225766

Sea Torques
    BG Level

NIN TP

TP set with no Marches/Haste
    http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/232526

TP set with Marches and Haste
    http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/227768

Wondering if I should switch back to AF3+2 feet instead of Usu feet on Marches/Haste.

Haidate has STP+4 and Crit+4

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yes.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    San Solara
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Some people in my ls were arguing for Radiant Mail+Fazheluo Helm +1 set over Armadaberk (6 stp/3 da) + Zelus set. I did a quick comparison (no maffs, just a comparison) and didn't see the Mail/Helm winning, but I wanted to post it here because it's quite possible I missed or undervalued something trying to quickly run through it while doing VW.

input /equip body "Fazheluo R. Mail";
    input /equip head "Fazheluo Helm +1";
    input /equip neck "Ravager's Gorget";
    input /equip waist "Phasmida Belt";
    input /equip legs "Rvg. Cuisses +2";
    input /equip feet "Rvg. Calligae +2";
    input /equip ring1 "Tyrant's Ring";
    input /equip ammo "Ravager's Orb";
    input /equip sub "Claymore Grip";
    input /equip ring2 "Rajas Ring";
    input /equip ear1 "Moonshade Earring";
    input /equip ear2 "Brutal Earring";
    input /equip hands "Rvg. Mufflers +2";
    input /equip back "Atheling Mantle";
    input /equip main "Ukonvasara";

vs

input /equip waist "Ninurta's Sash";
    input /equip ring1 "Rajas Ring";
    input /equip ammo "Hagneia Stone";
    input /equip ring2 "Oneiros Ring";
    input /equip ear1 "Brutal Earring";
    input /equip ear2 "Ravager's Earring";
    input /equip head "Zelus Tiara";
    input /equip body "Armada Hauberk";

Radiant Mail set

50 str
    80 atk
    10 stp
    20 da
    25 acc
    14 dex

vs Ebody set

43 str
    63 atk
    25 dex
    15 stp
    19 da
    2 ta
    25 dex
    38 acc

Most people mentioned the double attack set bonus as the reason mail/helm was better, but with 19 da (34 with base da) + 2 ta vs 20 da (35 with base da), Ebody set gets 3 possible extra swings per 100. Ebody set is less likely to over tp (waiting for moonshade tics) and has a more solid 6 hit (can miss the second swing of Ukkos and still hit 100 tp), more accuracy for non fodder mobs, and can use moonshade for ws.

Aside from a marginal boost to damage per swing, which loses to swing frequency with E body set, I can't see what makes Radiant Mail set better. Did I miss something, or do people just like it because it's new/different?

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    If you are going to 6hit, switch to a sword strap, it will do far more damage for you then pole grip. The set bonus isn't good, don't gear with it in mind.

Here is my 5hit
    http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/225765

Here is my 6hit
    http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/225766
    Agree with Sword Strap, with the caveat that it does nothing if delay reduction capped so keep your buffs in mind. For your 5-hit, why Tactical + Jingang instead of Atheling + Ace's?

Kyoji

I've been playing Thief pretty much non stop in the past 2 weeks, I only do inside stuff since it's just a group of like 5 including myself farming seals and trying to make weapons. I'm taking a real like to Thief and do have plans of making a Twashtar at some point. Posting up what I currently use, unfortunately I don't have enough posts for the pics to show up so a re-post would be greatly appreciated. Just looking for some advice in what I should change in my set up Atma's used most of the time are RR,GH,Apoc.

TP

[IMG]img204.imageshack.us/img204/9305/ffxi20111006115934.png[/IMG]

WS Unstacked (I'm generally tanking solo)

[IMG]img217.imageshack.us/img217/2601/ffxi20111006120025.png[/IMG]

EVA

[IMG]img822.imageshack.us/img822/2856/ffxi20111006115954.png[/IMG]

When I do manage to use Bully I use the WS set just swap rancor with Love torque and back piece with cuchulains. Thanks for the help in advance :D

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Kyoji View Post
    I've been playing Thief pretty much non stop in the past 2 weeks, I only do inside stuff since it's just a group of like 5 including myself farming seals and trying to make weapons. I'm taking a real like to Thief and do have plans of making a Twashtar at some point. Posting up what I currently use, unfortunately I don't have enough posts for the pics to show up so a re-post would be greatly appreciated. Just looking for some advice in what I should change in my set up Atma's used most of the time are RR,GH,Apoc.

When I do manage to use Bully I use the WS set just swap rancor with Love torque and back piece with cuchulains. Thanks for the help in advance :D

ftfy. Spoilered since they're table breakers.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Replace offhand dagger asap, rapidus is pretty bad now.

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Low delay and less damage = more opportunities for procs, duh.

Heca Cap can get some pretty nice augments, I'd suggest looking into that as soon as possible. Would also suggest mixing some haste back into your eva set, I'd imagine you're well past eva cap on most anything you'd THF tank.

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

I still keep a full evasion set, but Nightfyre's right, a Haste/Evasion hybrid is a very worthwhile set to get. This is mine:
    http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...006_225746.png
    +49 Evasion (+74 with Wind Kila)
    +26% Haste
    +21 Subtle Blow. (/Nin + Auric dagger = 46 SB)

Kyoji

Thanks a lot for the repost. Back on topic now, I do have an auric dagger I don't know why I never use it, would be a good replacement for Rapidus I assume. I've only been back to the game for a few weeks so I'm not too sure how the sky augs work but I definitely am on the look out for a -1 cap. Hope you don't mind if I cookie cutter your hybrid set, just need to do a usurper. Another question I've had looming is the debate of whether or not triplus dagger is efficient inside Abyssea. I've heard yes and no all over but you two seem to know what you're doing so I'll take your word for it.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Get a triplus while you work on a STR Kila. In which case you can either do STR Kila/Triplus or offhand Twilight. Other than those two you're looking at a second magian Knife, Oneiros or Coruscanti and the latter 2 are bitches to get (mostly depending on droprate from VW, but Oneiros is just straight dick to get.)

I assume that ws set was for evis, in which case inside abyssea Aias bonnet is probably better.

Suppa. Suppa. Suppa. Suppa. Suppa. Suppa. Suppa. That is the only earring worth a damn, and it can be solo'd by an Ochain pld, and pretty much duo'd by any DD/WHM.

Also dusk feet +1 instead of homam but I realize not everybody can be a baller like me. And +7 dex ring. Other than that looks solid.

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

I have no idea which is better for damage between Auric and Rapidus offhand. Kila/Triplus is a fairly solid combo though. I was lead to believe Triplus was better than Twilight for offhand. On a lot of NMs Twilight's add effect rate seems to drop from 100% to 30%~ for me.
    Your evis set looks identical to mine except for Airy>Thundersoul, Lithe>Hecatomb and Agasaya's>Love. Hecatomb simply because I'm doing more outside abyssea stuff at the moment (Though might swap to Agrona's untill I pick up +1 and augment them).

Kyoji

Yeah just waiting for a full moon to get the KI so I can re-acquire earring, had a Bushi before since I was main SAM pre-abyss. I might just dish out the 500k for Thundersoul, not like I have much to spend on. I also have heca feet but I was uncertain which gave best results so I went for the full DEX instead. I don't have Agasaya's sadly, what you see there is Rancor collar which I hope is a good choice and yes my tonberry hate is capped

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by lolwut View Post
    Some people in my ls were arguing for Radiant Mail+Fazheluo Helm +1 set over Armadaberk (6 stp/3 da) + Zelus set. I did a quick comparison (no maffs, just a comparison) and didn't see the Mail/Helm winning, but I wanted to post it here because it's quite possible I missed or undervalued something trying to quickly run through it while doing VW.

input /equip body "Fazheluo R. Mail";
    input /equip head "Fazheluo Helm +1";
    input /equip waist "Phasmida Belt";
    input /equip ring1 "Tyrant's Ring";
    input /equip ammo "Ravager's Orb";
    input /equip ring2 "Rajas Ring";
    input /equip ear1 "Moonshade Earring";
    input /equip ear2 "Brutal Earring";

vs

input /equip waist "Ninurta's Sash";
    input /equip ring1 "Rajas Ring";
    input /equip ammo "Hagneia Stone";
    input /equip ring2 "Oneiros Ring";
    input /equip ear1 "Brutal Earring";
    input /equip ear2 "Ravager's Earring";
    input /equip head "Zelus Tiara";
    input /equip body "Armada Hauberk";

Radiant Mail set

50 str
    80 atk
    10 stp
    20 da
    25 acc
    14 dex

vs Ebody set

43 str
    63 atk
    25 dex
    15 stp
    19 da
    2 ta
    25 dex
    38 acc

Most people mentioned the double attack set bonus as the reason mail/helm was better, but with 19 da (34 with base da) + 2 ta vs 20 da (35 with base da), Ebody set gets 3 possible extra swings per 100. Ebody set is less likely to over tp (waiting for moonshade tics) and has a more solid 6 hit (can miss the second swing of Ukkos and still hit 100 tp), more accuracy for non fodder mobs, and can use moonshade for ws.

Aside from a marginal boost to damage per swing, which loses to swing frequency with E body set, I can't see what makes Radiant Mail set better. Did I miss something, or do people just like it because it's new/different?
    Err, WAR can't use Hagneia Stone. And that set with a White Tathlum and STP+6 Armadaberk would be 83.85TP after 5 hits, means you need ~27STP in WS to have your 6hit with a single hit Ukko's(going with the bare minimum). With /sam that would be Rajas, Brutal and then you would still have to use the Armadaberk, which isn't the best but if you have to I guess.

You could switch to Tyrant's Ring for TPing in the Ebody set as well if you want to keep the Ninurta's in, but the rest seems ok. I wouldn't use the Radiant set at all.

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kyoji View Post
    Yeah just waiting for a full moon to get the KI so I can re-acquire earring, had a Bushi before since I was main SAM pre-abyss. I might just dish out the 500k for Thundersoul, not like I have much to spend on. I also have heca feet but I was uncertain which gave best results so I went for the full DEX instead. I don't have Agasaya's sadly, what you see there is Rancor collar which I hope is a good choice and yes my tonberry hate is capped
    Rancor is gonna be your best bet. Only reason I haven't got one yet is poor AH timing.
    I think Lithe vs Hecatomb is: If fstr capped, lithe, else, hecatomb? In abyssea you're prolly going to be fstr capped against damn near everything, so i'd stick with lithe (Like i said, i've just been doing more outside stuff recently).

Kyoji

I've returned in search of more advice, however Ninja is the topic of discussion this time around :D

TP:

[IMG]img64.imageshack.us/img64/5244/ffxi20111011031013.png[/IMG]

Blade Jin:

[IMG]img828.imageshack.us/img828/7932/ffxi20111011031059.png[/IMG]

Sparing EVA/Hybrid set since it's typically the same as it is for Thief. My main concern is WS equip, I'm not too sure if I'm in the right direction however I would like to optimize until I decide to work on a Kannagi. Thank you once again in advance :]

*Repost would be nice since I'm still under 10 posts *

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

TP: Usu feet and Twilight belt. Other than that good. More STP, more attack, more double attack etc.

Jin: Okotes, Centaurus Earring, af3+2 body, I /think/ anguinus belt beats ele belt. Perhaps Aias bonnet but I never actually mathed that out vs. V helm.

EDIT: Also for Jin, Atheling. >_>

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

So is there a thread somewhere where I can see some actual evidence of a 6 hit and a 5 hit being on par with eachother? This just doesn't sound right.