1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 30 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 29 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 20 hours, 30 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 13 hours, 29 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I guess in all likelihood these won't be the only way to get +movement speed, just like in FFXI there are several different boots that offer it in one way or another.

Still gonna be a pain in the ass if you're the only one without boots in a group and they all outrun you.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tearshang Pourlamour
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    Still gonna be a pain in the ass if you're the only one without boots in a group and they all outrun you.
    Enough time for me to run to the wc while everyone else Ketchups. If I was the only one reversing your situation which would make it great!

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I wonder if these are constant effect or are charge item. Any thoughts/speculations on that? I know we are all aware of the wording and what it did in FFXI, but how does that relate to what it will do in FFXIV?

Has anyone come across items in the beta that is worded "Effect" >> Received Effect?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Thunderhorn

I'm a little confused by the name thing, you can do that either way, can you not? (manually)

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tearshang Pourlamour
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It might be a little harder in December. Breaks and holiday who knows who will start playing around then.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Null View Post
    Of course when my character is gone forever I find this out. So now I can't get the item or name
    I just hope you arent forced into that name. Would suck

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Resin Midwater
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Really? "Resin Midgardsormr"? ugh...

That's what you get for playing on servers with shitty names.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Ziila Shiva doesn't really roll off the tongue.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Midnightjade Eleven
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Midnightjade Midgardsormr is pretty decent, MM for short.

However, Midnightjade Quetzalcoatl looks and sounds like something that fell out of a bowl of alphabet soup.

green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

it looks like you only have the option of using your old name. I have no interest in having an old ffxi server as my lastname. If you get a new copy of the game, like now.. then you should be in the clear as far as being on the free month, right?

I really hope that the item isn't charge based, it would suck for them to be trash after 15 uses. I was planning on cancelling my account this month, I guess they got me.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by manako View Post
    it looks like you only have the option of using your old name.
    Where do you get that idea?

green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

from their text, below. The word "can" leads me to believe it is optional.

Details:

When creating a new playable character on a FINAL FANTASY XIV service account, a character name used from the linked FINAL FANTASY XI account can be transferred to FINAL FANTASY XIV.

I realize my english may have been confusing though.. you have the option.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Yeah, your previous statement was misleading. You made it sound as if you believed you had no choice. I agree that it will be an optional benefit.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

nobody has gone in-depth on this yet:

* Please note that you will not be able to receive a special in-game item in the following cases:
    - If you have created a character before linking your PlayOnline ID (It is, however, possible to receive the in-game item by deleting the characters you created, linking your PlayOnline ID, and then re-creating your characters).
    - If, at the time of creating your FINAL FANTASY XIV character, the linked PlayOnline ID’s FINAL FANTASY XI Content IDs are invalid (the Content IDs have been cancelled and are thus not being billed).
    - If the linked PlayOnline ID’s FINAL FANTASY XI is in the free trial period.
    EDIT: I'm not totally sure how billing works, but if you get billed on the 1st of every month, then buying XI now will result in your first bill coming on Oct. 1st, meaning you will not get the shoes on CE Launch. Just a heads up.This obviously doesn't go for those re-activating, unless a free trial somehow comes with that.

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Yeah, nice to figure that out after I re bought the game.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zounder View Post
    nobody has gone in-depth on this yet:

EDIT: I'm not totally sure how billing works, but if you get billed on the 1st of every month, then buying XI now will result in your first bill coming on Oct. 1st, meaning you will not get the shoes on CE Launch. Just a heads up.This obviously doesn't go for those re-activating, unless a free trial somehow comes with that.
    Wouldn't you're free "month" just last until September 1st before you're billed?

Did they mention anything about billing for 14? i.e. is it the same retarded bullshit where they charge everyone on the 1st-3rd of every month regardless of when they activate?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by SaviorSelf View Post
    Did they mention anything about billing for 14? i.e. is it the same retarded bullshit where they charge everyone on the 1st-3rd of every month regardless of when they activate?
    I think in some old interviews they said it's not going to work like that anymore, but the "normal way" - that is you activate on the 20th then you will be billed on the 20th next month.

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Wish I knew a 100% confirmation. They should've released this info earlier! It would've given then a decent boost in money, even if only for a months scrip.