1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 54 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 0 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 9 hours, 54 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Mostly sarcasm... but I could see some people...

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Well, shit. Thanks for clarifying the system and all. Hmm... a bit fucked right now. I mean... 8 days is awhile to wait.. and totally kills off the purpose of the CE (Besides the token). I'm wondering, though, would SE really make + movement speed feet so fucking common? I mean that was a sorta privileged item in XI. My dilemma now is are those boots really going to be like Trotters and shit, or will they have either: Charges or only work in your home town, or if your nation is leading conquest. And if they DO have charges.. is it 1/1 with a recharge of... how long. One thing is for sure though (i hope); this item can't possibly reign supreme for too long. The Trotter equivalent will make it's appearance some time down the road.

Still, I may try for these...... fuck you SE.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I have not heard any evidence of items in XIV having 'charges' as of yet, let alone immediately at launch. Hermes' Sandal's effect could be diminished by only being active in certain situations (during leves, in towns, on certain disciplines/classes, etc.) or it could simply be very weak like +10%. I can definitely say that movement speed in XIV is nowhere near as life/death as it was in FFXI. All monsters have some sort of ranged-attack they will most likely hit you with if you piss them off, regardless of whether you're 3 feet or 10 feet in ahead of them. This is on top of the fact that disengaging and running away will initiate a loss of aggro rather quickly, even without any movement speed increases. Hermes' Sandals are not going to be as awesome as the average FFXI player hopes.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Ya but running can be long if you lost all your animas

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Ya but running can be long if you lost all your animas
    Watch it end up being that the movement speed bonus only kicks in once you've completely depleted your anima.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Fuck it... I want this item atm so I've decided to purchase a new FFXI through Steam. I'll activate the account today and wait until the 22nd to see if the item is worth it. If it is, I'll wait until Oct 1st, then pay for a non-trail FFXI; thus creating my FFXIV character from the open beta to the real deal (at least I get to keep the open beta name). If I find the item is not worth the 8 day wait; I'll simply make my FFXIV account on the planned 22nd, and cancel the recently bought FFXI account. So worst case... $10.00 spent; not bad... but honestly.. once again... fuck you SE.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

but still, SE just got $10 out of you and a bunch of other people who thought want any special perks and are in the same boat as you...

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Yeah. I look at it as 8 days of no play Vs. a XIV career of regret (exaggeration) at not getting those shiny shoes. Guess I'll have to go overtime come Oct 1st. ;3

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Considering how much people paid for movement + gear in FFXI now, it might very well be a career of regret.

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Plus, playing beta with more people in it already I see how important it is to be fast. I've gotten lucky since I'm a rng and its easier to claim mobs. But with all this camping to level its hard to rush up to crap and claim. Noticed it bad when I leveled pug.

I'd tap that turian!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Rokku View Post
    Watch it end up being that the movement speed bonus only kicks in once you've completely depleted your anima.
    Wouldn't they actually be the most valuable to you at that point though?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Akucaen View Post
    You sir are correct.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Akucaen View Post
    Of course, but it would no doubt cause people to rage about how they aren't a true movement speed + item, gimmicks, blah blah etc etc

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Rokku View Post
    Of course, but it would no doubt cause people to rage about how they aren't a true movement speed + item, gimmicks, blah blah etc etc
    Hopefully it'll just be a +12% movement speed, unconditionally active at all times in all areas both while engaged and passive, with as much impact on the game as gaiters and wlegs and such had on FFXI when they were introduced.

Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

All I know is it better be worth me A. Playing 14 longer than the free trial to see if they fixed anything since beta, and B. Me keeping 11 active when I've wanted to cancel it recently lol.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

For those that were wondering, I bought and activated a new FFXI account on August 20th. The trial ended a couple days ago, but they won't charge me until Oct 1st. The boots were in my inventory when I created my char in FFXIV today

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Uldum

how are they? have yet to pick up my CE from GS

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

From reports, they simply give you the default quickening effect (akin to gathering jobs' quickening abilities) after being disengaged a for a period of time. Some people are reporting bugs regarding their usefulness/consistency so, there could be more to it. Also, they are Rank-1 now, instead of 38, their basic stats adjusted accordingly.

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

theyre inconsistent but seems to be a 24 hour cooldown on them. Once I got the buff, it came and went until it just disappeared completely

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

From what I've been reading from people, it's something like 15~30 minutes of Passive Mode-only Quickening per day.

So, the comment about them being for when you ran out of Anima is somewhat accurate.